Reviews for Wait, What?
Ptolemyspyjamas chapter 13 . 3/14
I don't know mam, hitting kids is not right but Molly thought Fred destroyed his little brother's tongue. I think most people would give her a pass here.
eos9 chapter 13 . 3/8
Ah, I was preaching to the choir in my last review, I see. Sorry about that. Funny, I remembered the idea behind this vignette, but not the actual content. Perhaps a bit too close to home, I suppose.

I wonder how much of the awful in the hp Canon is down to the cultural heritage of British children's fiction revolving around truly awful b people doing awful things?
eos9 chapter 4 . 3/7
I have no idea if I've reviewed this before. This is probably the twentieth time I've read this little gem of yours, so it's certainly possible.

Re: the elder grangers, I've simply assumed there's something deeply broken in the relationship. Hermione is too big hearted, loyal and subservient to authority figures for her to glibly piss away so many opportunities to spend time with her parents during the holidays. There's also the fact that we only know what harry's been told, so it can be extrapolated that hermione likes talking about her parents just as much (or less!) as harry enjoys sharing about the Dursleys. Robst's Dan and Emma have become nearly Canon on this site, but I would wager that they're pretty ooc. So, was the memory charm purely a protective measure, or was it also vindictive payback? This is the same character, after all, who imprisoned someone for months, then blackmailed her, and also someone who pre-emptively permanently disfigured a fellow classmate in anew extremely cruel matter.
GodlyDra chapter 7 . 3/3
Personally i would have done the exact same thing to the marauders.
They were unrepentant bullies themselves and my absolute hatred of them might be colouring my vuew but at this point i consider them a danger from how cruel they were as children.
Okay. First of all, you’re a great author—you have a very good writing style, and you present really good points about Dumbledore and Snape and Rowling herself. I’ve enjoyed the logical take on the series.
Except for one thing. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why you seem to hate Ron Weasley so. Freaking. Much. I completely agree that he was a bit of a jerk, and you previously said that he was an “irresponsible child forced into an adult’s role.” (Paraphrased, of course.) even though he is immature and insecure, Ron isn’t evil. I identify with Ron a lot, actually—I’m insecure and one of the youngests in a large, poor family, and Ron is one of my favorite characters because we’re so similar. You previously made a very good argument for why Molly Weasley was abusive-but why don’t you want to help Ron see what’s wrong with that lifestyle? You could give Ron a massive, well written character arc (from what I’ve read of your writing, I know you could do it) about Ron seeing all the problems he’s become accustomed to, and growing from an immature, insecure child into a hero that always, always has Harry and Hermione’s back. Instead, you make him evil. I don’t understand. It’s like you want every child who’s slightly immature to be immediately evil. I know you have the talent to write a wonderful character arc for Ron. You don’t even have to ship him with Hermione! I personally think Romione is a stupid romance. But stop turning him into the devil at every turn!
FriendlyFire59 chapter 15 . 1/13
I have always been really annoyed by all the characters reactions to how the Taboo worked, especially during the first rise. Because when I hear that I can cause my enemies to appear at the location and time of my choice, my reaction has always been, "Target Practice! With Lots of Targets".
Zawisza chapter 10 . 1/10
Yeah, sorry, but no. Previous chapters used logic and pointed out plotholes, this one is a clear example of Ron bashing and pushing for your preferred ship, which was also subtly-not-subtly pushed in earlier chapters, but nevermind that. Ron was wearing Voldemort's Horcrux, one of which also possessed Ginny to the point she attacked other students. He also tried to come back to Harry and Hermione immediately after he disapparated. You're being WAY too harsh on him.
Thank you for this! The way Rowling treats child abuse so carelessly made me hate canon. I was abused as a kid for the most ridiculous reasons (not meeting my mom's high demand of "when it's the best" and I still have PTSD and blocked memories and I flinch at loud voices. And canon just treats abuse like it's some funny deal and I just hate it so much. Harry could *never* be the boy he was in canon, Tom is like the only character that is written well.
Prooflogic chapter 7 . 12/9/2021
Coming to this a few years late...
I would like to see an alternate version of this, with Hermione realizing this at a later point in the series. Perhaps in book 5 when they are at Grimauld Place.
Fanfic Wanderer chapter 14 . 11/13/2021
You blew mind!
Fanfic Wanderer chapter 7 . 11/13/2021
Loved it. Just simply loved it. And very apt description of snape. I hate him so much.
Fanfic Wanderer chapter 6 . 11/13/2021
I like the chapters until now but I would just like to point out that Rowling wrote these for children. She couldn't just write it from an adult perspective or with all the realism.
Kai chapter 9 . 11/5/2021
Nonono, you're wrong about this. Everyone knows that it's perfectly alright to send a missive for an emergency by owl instead of calling by floo, and that the appropriate answer for an urgent cry for help is to mount a broomstick and fly to London from Hogwarts. Even if you can apparate through the wards (you're the only one who can). Even if you can create portkeys. Even if you have a perfectly useable floo access in your office. And even if you have a phoenix familiar who can transport you in a jiffy to any place on the earth. No, the broom is obviously the best way to respond to emergencies. Or flying on thestrals, same thing.
Kai chapter 6 . 11/4/2021
I can't remember if it's canon or just the thousands of fanfics I've read.

Somehow I, too, get the notion out of those stories that killing is the ultimate evil. After all, the horcrux, the blackest of all black magic, demands a life during it's creation.

I bet all those depraved death eater fucks can treat a hostage in a way that they WISH to be killed. Especially the Killing Curse is not evil. Evil is torturing someone to death. And pointing and laughing at the screams of the victim. The Killing Curse is: alive - green light - dead. No pain, no fear, nothing. Bad for the bereaved family it may be, however they could get sent the memories of hours of torture for looking up in a pensieve, perhaps with a compulsion on the package to DO look it up in a pensieve. Losing their family member AND knowing how they died is even worse.

Death is nothing to yearn for though, normally, and Dumbledore sacrificing hundreds just to "bring back to the light" a death eater brat isn't okay either. He was honestly prepared to happily give up the lives of Harry, Ronald, Katie, and Slughorn, and through the vanishing cabinet plot ALL students and staff of Hogwarts, just to protect a marked death eater, whose familiarity and capability with all three Unforgivables was much too developed to not have been practised before.
Kai chapter 4 . 11/4/2021
Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if Slytherin held regular mudblood rape parties. A couple healing potions and a memory charm and all is peachy again, right?
1,407 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »