Reviews for Wait, What?
Ackamarackus chapter 16 . 7/5
this series has been incredible. thank you!
Osmodious chapter 13 . 6/25
You know, I just had a thought about the apparently rampant child abuse in the wizarding world...it fits. Everyone goes on and on about them being stuck in the Victorian age...corporal punishment is totally in line with that...hell, they used switches and canes, for cryin’ out loud! So, yes, it is appalling and very concerning that JKR seems to have no issues with it, but it does fit with wizards being back-asswards.
I agree with everything that happened before the part where she's going on the hourcrux hunt. first, she is underage, and she still has the trace on her which wouldn't even allow her to use magic. most importantly, her mom would never allow it. she's letting ron since he is of age and she knows harry will make sure he goes. molly would never agree to letting ginny go, she even didn't let her fight in the battle of Hogwarts.
RSegovia chapter 16 . 4/18
I've enjoyed your attempts to patch some of the glaring plot holes and highlight all these little things that should have been a bigger deal than how they were treated in canon. One thing that occurred to me was that Harry never even tried to use his invisibility cloak at the Dursleys, or put potions in their food, or any of the myriad ways he could have messed with them without getting caught. Smells of some kind of compulsion to me.
RSegovia chapter 10 . 4/18
I hadn't thought of the idea that Dumbledore could have been using the Deluminator to track and spy on Harry all along. It made its first appearance in the very first chapter of book 1, appearing to be just a gadget for turning off lights, but that would have been the perfect time for Dumbles to tie it to baby Harry. Ir seems a lot more sinister now.
RSegovia chapter 1 . 4/18
I have a theory that it was actually Death that Harry met in his afterlife transition state, taking the form of the person Harry trusted most.

Interesting idea, and well written, as usual.
Aaron chapter 16 . 4/13
I reread this collection again today - for at least the fourth time now - and am wondering why I never left a comment on it before. The first time I read it was back before I'd read any fanfiction that questioned the flaws of the canon books, and it really struck a chord with me. Now, several years later, it's still my favorite one to come back to. I love your takes on the situations you examine, the way you portray the characters (especially Hermione), and just your writing style in general. Thank you for making these one-shots!
tsisdu chapter 5 . 4/11
I think all of your one shots make good points - and the dialog sounds like kids I know. As for being a children's book - my youngest brother (adopted) came from a birth family that could star in a horror film. His psychiatrist and social worker recommended that he read the first Harry Potter book so he could realize that blood relations may not have your best interests at heart. It worked well as a clinical tool. But we wouldn't have let him read at at that age otherwise. (I think he was 9.)
lillideathflower chapter 10 . 4/9
isn't Dumbledore shown to have the deluminator in the first book. when he goes to meet Hagrid at the Dursleys' house, he clicks it and the street lamps go out, yeah? wouldn't that imply that he had it enchanted when he dropped off Harry? creepy
Michelle chapter 16 . 3/1
I was brought here by a link from a QUORA answer. Honestly, people need to stop using fanfiction to back up stupid claims. But alas, I am here and will review this version of events. This chapter wasn't required. I refuse to read the rest of your story, as I'm sure you have done just a shitty arse job of those too. Your writing is quite good, technically that is, just your premise is piss poor. As for this chapter, you do realise they don't actually have to have 'your version' of the rest of the conversation because the characters already know it. Hence, the next paragraph in canon 'Harry could not bear to hear these things, nor did he think his resolution would hold if he remained sitting beside her.' His resolution in case this also managed to stump you, was to remain broken up from her. That was the damn point of why JKR stopped it there. Hell, my 11 year old picked up on that.

But as indicated in your AN, you do support Harmony LOL, so I can see why canon has you confused, keep watching the skies for hippogriffs. The story is about Harry's fight with Voldemort, sure there would be some cute interactions with girls but it ain't Sweet Valley High. As for a Luna / Harry pairing, I'm not sure sitting around discussing their dead mums would be all that much fun for Harry. But hey, if that's what you're going with 'good luck'.
ViviTheFolle chapter 10 . 2/28
Oh joy. Ron bashing. Of course there's already the classical edgy "dimblydurr is eBIl!1!1!" and the typical Harmoanian bull. Need I remind you how Harry and Hermione are utterly miserable when they're forced to spend time together without Ron there? When they were inside that tent and doing utterly nothing, bailing on the Horcrux hunt because they were utterly useless without Ronald Weasley?

"I don't know why we keep letting you back every time you fail us"
...
What, you mean like THIS ONE TIME?
This time is the ONLY FUCKING ONE Ron "fails" them. The first, the one, the only. And he didn't totally fail them in the end even, you know why? Because your perfect little princess Hermione was busy snoozing while Harry was drowning and getting choked by the locket. You want them to leave Ron behind? Fine. Then you'll have the Horcrux hunt be an utter failure, Harry saying Voldemort's name, Malfoy Manor except there'll be no Ron to disarm Bellatrix and so the great saga of Harry Potter ends there. With Crucios and Avada Kedavras. Kudos!

You want to know what I utterly despise about you Ron-bashers? You're all self-righteous sociopaths. You say Remus abandons his pregnant wife and that's right. And you know what Ron does? His loyalty is split between his two best friends and his ENTIRE FAMILY. And the locket eggs him on, tells him he's not needed, that your precious little Harry and Hermione are perfectly fine without him.
If you say that Lupin is a bastard for abandoning his family then you can't make the same argument against Ron. Because his 'fit of pique' was caused by Harry basically dismissing Ginny's safety, dismissing all the sacrifices the Weasley family had done for him. Oh, and need I remind you that Harry himself TOLD Ron to leave? THRICE? And Ron only left once he got told to leave. THRICE. Basically that's the ONLY time he's failed Harry and Hermione. Then he more than makes up for it by saving Harry and destroying the fucking Horcrux.

And then you have Hermione turn into this sociopathic shrew who decides to abandon the guy she was heartbroken over all because of your paranoid theory that EBIL DYMBLIDORR had a tracking device. Hermione has no right to lay it on Ron like that because that sociopathic bitch has turned her parents into vegetables and tossed them across the world instead of trying to reason with them. Compared to that, Ron's conflicting loyalties tearing him apart is noble and heartbreaking.

But of course perfect lovely little Hermione deserves all the free passes in the world, is excused of every sin, and is going to live happily ever after with her precious Harry isn't she?
And just as I reminded you, they're not. They're incapable of functionning together. Hermione is overbearing and nagging and shrewish, and she'd drive Harry to suicide within months because she'd constantly be trying to psychoanalyze her way through him. Only Ron can get her to relax. But well, you Harmoanians deliberately choose to ignore it, eh? What a joy.

But of course you don't see that. You Ron-bashers are all the same, self-righteous little assholes who don't understand the importance of emotional support and view people as commodities to be discarded once they stop being useful. You sicken me.
slytherinsal chapter 15 . 2/13
I am proud to say that I came up with the concept that the name is power before DH came out, without using a foreign word like taboo and found a way to prank Voldemort so hard with it that he had a headache by having every railway wheel in the country cursed to repeat it. Muggles always think of railway wheels saying things, but they have sufficiently set ideas of what they can hear that they'd hear a word they didn't know and wouldn't 'hear' it as such
slytherinsal chapter 14 . 2/13
now that depends whether Tommy would summon Salazar Slytherin to validate him ...
slytherinsal chapter 13 . 2/13
I've always considered Molly abusive. Howlers alone make her abusive, who publicly humiliates their children in front of the whole school?
slytherinsal chapter 12 . 2/13
and one thing I fail to understand is how wizards consistently call the telephone 'fellytone' as though they had never been exposed to ancient runes, and ancient Greek. Most spells are based on Latin with some Greek and other ancient languages, and pronunciation of incantation is emphasised. This implies to me that all pure blood wizards and witches are taught Latin and Greek to help with their spell work.
So how can they not know that they are talking about 'distance hearing' when they hear the word telephone?
1,259 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »