Reviews for Wait, What?
Michelle chapter 16 . 3/1
I was brought here by a link from a QUORA answer. Honestly, people need to stop using fanfiction to back up stupid claims. But alas, I am here and will review this version of events. This chapter wasn't required. I refuse to read the rest of your story, as I'm sure you have done just a shitty arse job of those too. Your writing is quite good, technically that is, just your premise is piss poor. As for this chapter, you do realise they don't actually have to have 'your version' of the rest of the conversation because the characters already know it. Hence, the next paragraph in canon 'Harry could not bear to hear these things, nor did he think his resolution would hold if he remained sitting beside her.' His resolution in case this also managed to stump you, was to remain broken up from her. That was the damn point of why JKR stopped it there. Hell, my 11 year old picked up on that.

But as indicated in your AN, you do support Harmony LOL, so I can see why canon has you confused, keep watching the skies for hippogriffs. The story is about Harry's fight with Voldemort, sure there would be some cute interactions with girls but it ain't Sweet Valley High. As for a Luna / Harry pairing, I'm not sure sitting around discussing their dead mums would be all that much fun for Harry. But hey, if that's what you're going with 'good luck'.
ViviTheFolle chapter 10 . 2/28
Oh joy. Ron bashing. Of course there's already the classical edgy "dimblydurr is eBIl!1!1!" and the typical Harmoanian bull. Need I remind you how Harry and Hermione are utterly miserable when they're forced to spend time together without Ron there? When they were inside that tent and doing utterly nothing, bailing on the Horcrux hunt because they were utterly useless without Ronald Weasley?

"I don't know why we keep letting you back every time you fail us"
What, you mean like THIS ONE TIME?
This time is the ONLY FUCKING ONE Ron "fails" them. The first, the one, the only. And he didn't totally fail them in the end even, you know why? Because your perfect little princess Hermione was busy snoozing while Harry was drowning and getting choked by the locket. You want them to leave Ron behind? Fine. Then you'll have the Horcrux hunt be an utter failure, Harry saying Voldemort's name, Malfoy Manor except there'll be no Ron to disarm Bellatrix and so the great saga of Harry Potter ends there. With Crucios and Avada Kedavras. Kudos!

You want to know what I utterly despise about you Ron-bashers? You're all self-righteous sociopaths. You say Remus abandons his pregnant wife and that's right. And you know what Ron does? His loyalty is split between his two best friends and his ENTIRE FAMILY. And the locket eggs him on, tells him he's not needed, that your precious little Harry and Hermione are perfectly fine without him.
If you say that Lupin is a bastard for abandoning his family then you can't make the same argument against Ron. Because his 'fit of pique' was caused by Harry basically dismissing Ginny's safety, dismissing all the sacrifices the Weasley family had done for him. Oh, and need I remind you that Harry himself TOLD Ron to leave? THRICE? And Ron only left once he got told to leave. THRICE. Basically that's the ONLY time he's failed Harry and Hermione. Then he more than makes up for it by saving Harry and destroying the fucking Horcrux.

And then you have Hermione turn into this sociopathic shrew who decides to abandon the guy she was heartbroken over all because of your paranoid theory that EBIL DYMBLIDORR had a tracking device. Hermione has no right to lay it on Ron like that because that sociopathic bitch has turned her parents into vegetables and tossed them across the world instead of trying to reason with them. Compared to that, Ron's conflicting loyalties tearing him apart is noble and heartbreaking.

But of course perfect lovely little Hermione deserves all the free passes in the world, is excused of every sin, and is going to live happily ever after with her precious Harry isn't she?
And just as I reminded you, they're not. They're incapable of functionning together. Hermione is overbearing and nagging and shrewish, and she'd drive Harry to suicide within months because she'd constantly be trying to psychoanalyze her way through him. Only Ron can get her to relax. But well, you Harmoanians deliberately choose to ignore it, eh? What a joy.

But of course you don't see that. You Ron-bashers are all the same, self-righteous little assholes who don't understand the importance of emotional support and view people as commodities to be discarded once they stop being useful. You sicken me.
slytherinsal chapter 15 . 2/13
I am proud to say that I came up with the concept that the name is power before DH came out, without using a foreign word like taboo and found a way to prank Voldemort so hard with it that he had a headache by having every railway wheel in the country cursed to repeat it. Muggles always think of railway wheels saying things, but they have sufficiently set ideas of what they can hear that they'd hear a word they didn't know and wouldn't 'hear' it as such
slytherinsal chapter 14 . 2/13
now that depends whether Tommy would summon Salazar Slytherin to validate him ...
slytherinsal chapter 13 . 2/13
I've always considered Molly abusive. Howlers alone make her abusive, who publicly humiliates their children in front of the whole school?
slytherinsal chapter 12 . 2/13
and one thing I fail to understand is how wizards consistently call the telephone 'fellytone' as though they had never been exposed to ancient runes, and ancient Greek. Most spells are based on Latin with some Greek and other ancient languages, and pronunciation of incantation is emphasised. This implies to me that all pure blood wizards and witches are taught Latin and Greek to help with their spell work.
So how can they not know that they are talking about 'distance hearing' when they hear the word telephone?
slytherinsal chapter 10 . 2/13
good points of debate
slytherinsal chapter 9 . 2/13
I am inclined to think that JKR also mugs all her characters and confunds them regularly as they all seem to get sudden moments of terminally stupid
SarahOlivier chapter 16 . 2/12
Hermione doesn't understand Harry or Know him
Tygershark chapter 16 . 1/26
Love, love, love this collection of stories. Wait, did I mention I loved it? Ok just wanted to be sure you knew. So many of the ideas you explored are things I have thought for a long time. But I started reading the books as an adult, and I'm convinced that there isn't a responsible adult, i.e. sane, in the entire series. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought PoA was very disturbing on many levels. Don't even get me started on that scene in GoF, you know the one I mean. I think many young readers were so caught up in the whole magic of the series that they didn't even notice that the whole thing was quite dark. Just like Harry, he was so enthralled by this fantastic world that he never noticed that he was being manipulated. I take that back. He did notice, he mentions in SS/PS "...I think he (Dumbledore) knows more or less everything that goes on here..." But being the child that he was, he thought it was cool that Dumbledore was "treating him like an adult" when in my opinion Dumbledore was training a child-soldier to be a martyr.
ArtimuosJackson chapter 2 . 1/20
Why would Dumbledore wants to review the case of Sirius in first place since James and Lily told him that they have chosen Sirius Black as their secret keeper, and after third year even if Dumbledore is the judge of supreme court do you really think he can go against the whole wizengamot or ministry ? Don't be that delusional remember the verdict of a convict is solely based on the jury system in wizard court and Malfoy could easily bought them or otherwise there would be no death eaters still roaming free.
k chapter 9 . 1/3
wow, so valid—yet so completely never crossed my mind
DragonTamer01 chapter 16 . 12/9/2017
The ONLY kind of canon!Ginny I can accept is Bonnie Wright's version from the movies.
Goose chapter 12 . 11/30/2017
Yes! We want the Wizard/Muggle war and we want it now! Maybe sime of those muggleborn radicals in America would be willing to work with their compatriots? Or maybe not with Salem in relatively recent memory...
Whatever, imagine a whole political code set up by muggle governments that has all sorts of backup plans accounting for leaders being memory wiped and agents being mind controlled, all while keeping up niceties with the visiting ministry wizards
Goose chapter 8 . 11/29/2017
Yes! Please! Address how ridiculously irresponsible it is to leave most of earth's human population unaware to serious threats like dementors and magically superpowered, blood supremacist, serial killer terrorists. Create a system of laws that leaves muggles with no way to prepare themselves against said threat, and then don't protect them.

1,250 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »