Reviews for Wait, What?
Gogglegirl chapter 16 . 5/21
You're 100% right about Ginny. If only Rowling had started fleshing her out more in Book 4 or at least let the poor girl go to a therapist instead of Egypt straight after her trauma...
Gogglegirl chapter 11 . 5/21
Why wasn't this conversation in canon?! I mean, Ron and Hermione (and the rest of the school) already knew Harry was a Parselmouth; why wouldn't he tell his best friend about this? I just don't get it...
Here's one more way you can do that scene: Harry notices Dumbledore KNOWS the Hat considered him for Slytherin. How? And did Harry actually tell the Hat "I want to be in Gryffindor"? No; ergo, he did NOT choose his House.
Gogglegirl chapter 9 . 5/21
I wanna kill him. I wanna rip Snape apart limb from limb.
Can't believe I ever thought he cared about Harry in his own sick, twisted way; the bastard would risk the boy he swore an effing OATH to protect and innocent children just to kill off Sirius. Clearly, not even his obsession with Lily or the importance of his magic can override a grudge.
Gogglegirl chapter 7 . 5/21
HOLY CRAP! That's it, I hate that bastard! Although, I can see WHY Snape would do that - Sirius tried to kill him via Werewolf when they were teenagers and, as we see from the James Potter thing, if there's one guy you do NOT want holding a grudge against you, it's Snape.
NatNicole chapter 11 . 5/21
I've read this whole fic already, and decided to read it again. This chapter especially caught my attention, and I was hoping you'd give me permission to someday use this as a basis for a fic (it won't be a HermionexHarry one, though; to me, they're sister and brother like in canon).
PS. There aren't actual Werewolves in the Fr bidden Forest. Those wolves are cubs of two Werewolves who'd mated on a full moon, according to Pottermore.
Ka chapter 16 . 5/13
Okay, clumsy teen girl dealing with trauma is a whole lot more believable than evil extreme gin, which sounds like a hangover sort of drink. I like it, as well as that suicide stone bit.
Ka chapter 5 . 5/11
In archaeology you can occasionally find stone age crippled or deformed skeletons, but they're often older, healthy beyond what ails them, well taken care of, as you would a relative you care about, wether they have a handicap or not. Childabuse based on "merit" like that is really culture dependent, and anything called savage is just as dependent on social norms and cultural attitude towards those who can do less than you as any society called civilized.

That said, I kind of like these kind of oneshots, where you take a second look at canon.
(And in the previous chapter, yes, Hermione didn't do very good there. Mindwiping her parents is a kind of murder, as is the memory charm in general.
In the book that came from, she also supported Ginny in bullying Fleur, which seemed really out of character for Hermione. Speaking of, I kind of wonder, all we know of older Ginny is "familial bullying of new sister-in-law" and "assumes hate and revenge driven motives for Harry going off to kill Voldemort" so I wonder if you do a chapter involving her.
And maybe one about lovepotions. The mindscrewy daterape horror that is lovepotions.
Oh well, I'll guess I'll read on to find out.)
SuperVegitoFAN chapter 13 . 5/8
Hermiones crying could be bullying which even if the parents help as much as possible cant stop or negate completely.

I should know.
Shaunee Altman chapter 1 . 5/5
I really like those chapters. Maybe you can write something about centaurs that in mythology rape women? I mean what are chances Hermione didn't knew that when she led Umbridge in her trap?
BlackWingedTraveler chapter 15 . 4/30
Honestly - this is about where I gave up on this. I like the deconstructions, but I also think that you don't get the characters at ALL, like Ron and Molly, and Dumbledore? He's not the evil person you keep portraying him as. Manipulative? Yup. Morally dubious? Totally. Evil? No.

This story was getting really fishy earlier, but this? I can't go any farther than this. The earlier ones (with a few exceptions) were at least mildly realistic, but this... no way.
5th Dimension chapter 6 . 4/25
Mad-Eye would have approved, were he alive.
NatNicole chapter 16 . 4/11
Dude, you're a GENIUS! Every single one-shot here made me go What the heck?! How'd I miss that?".
Renata MM chapter 9 . 4/4
They could go to a fireplace and to Grimmauld Place to try warn someone in the Order too. Only Neville and Luna didn't know the secret.
Renata MM chapter 7 . 4/4
I liked this too. And who says that Snape didn't know that Pettigrew was a traitor during the First War?
Renata MM chapter 5 . 4/4
I think that all children stories contain that kind of elements, just loke at any fairy tale. Cinderella was treated by her stepmother like the Dursley treated Harry, for example.

Anyway, I would love to see this story developed.
1,038 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »