Reviews for New beginings
Nicole chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
No offense, but I don't think Jake should get a new love. I totally agree with Curlscat. Otherwise, good story!
BigB chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Your story was really cheery. I needed that. I'm very depressed right now. Actually, technically I'm not depressed, but I'm extremely tired. Pffffft, same difference. Anyway, I think I'm gonna put myself to sleep since I'm soooooo depressed, hehe :) But not now. I'm reviewing (duh). All of that to say that the cheeriness of this story brought a smile to my "depressed" face, which practically gives me enough strength to read other fanfiction stories (thank you so much,Stranger!)
What you wrote, like really the plot of this fanfiction story you wrote, should have been added in the actual series, because I find it unfair that MB didn't make Jake find a new lover to heal his depressed (and this time I mean the actual definition of depressed) heart. And that Goldie was forever meaninglessly in love with someone who didn't love her back. Good job on that, practically nobody else made a point out of that.
What I would improve is the fact that Jake got over his sorrow too quickly, which I personally think shouldn't happen in a blink of an eye. It's a process, you know. And him facing challenges with the idea of "abandoning" Briar for another woman would have made it more realistic for the character development. But, I'm guessing you wanted to make this a one shot and get this over with as quickly as possible, which is totally understandable. This is just me giving constructive criticism :)
I would also like to (and am going to) say that this story is AWESOME. Seriously. Good job. You sincerely deserve a good kick in the shins and a nice big insult. My way of being affectionate. It's really sad.
It also helps a person become stronger when facing obstacles, and tell you what, I'm a real obstacle; always there to give you a good shove when you're slowing down or to creep the heck out of you when you're doing a good job (like now, see). You're welcome. 8D I'm so proud of you! See how you've grown?
Anywho, it's time to say goodbye. Goodbye.

Hugs and boogers,

JG chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
well... the writing style and grammar and plot were AMAZING, but im not a huge fan of Jake/goldie... but to each their own.

Still can't get over briar..
Noodles21 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I loved the whole story. Although it was hard to understand when you changed from one time to another, example-when jake was depressed to when Goldie had been helping him for five months. Other than that it was amazing.
I think this is the longest review I've ever written!
Curlscat chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
With the way you broke paragraphs apart, I found this very difficult to read.

It's interesting to see a Goldi/Jake fic. I don't think it's going to happen, 'cause Jake is going to be hung up on Briar for a very long time. Possibly forever. Also, it says in the first epilogue that Goldi has a boyfriend who is NOT Uncle Jake (he could be anyone). But I had a brief flirtation with this pairing.