Reviews for Fall
Guest chapter 15 . 7/9/2013
More?
Fleshcrafter chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Oh, by all means, keep raging. That's all people do here.
curious viewer chapter 9 . 4/20/2013
Wait, what? The Tau group regularly used a webway gate? So are you ignoring cannon on purpose, or did you really not know? Sorry for that raging, but it just does not work that way.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
From reading notes, I'm gonna say you're probably the smartest author I've seen on this sight, and you do seem to keep yourself to canon. I like it.
Mutany Most Foul chapter 15 . 2/22/2013
What can I say, Anon, you have a point. Jack has a point too, for that matter. I would, however, assert that this is AU beyond the point if either series, and therefore the threshold of believability is far easier to pass over. Both of these universes are written painfully out of canon.

My only points were that the flaming of this story was an inevitability of the fanboy behavior of 40k fans. You'll notice a total lack of Mass Effect fans attacking the ocean of horrid, poorly written curbstomp fics that fill the rest of this category, for example.

My point is, this was not will written, and did a disservice to both fandoms. But even if it wasn't, and had a similar plot, I don't think the results would be any different.

Now, I would be happy to continue this conversation later, but perhaps we could do so somewhere else. Doing this in a review box just seems wrong for some reason.
Anon chapter 15 . 2/14/2013
MMM,

Jack's criticisms still stand. The author makes up a lot of crazy BS, like Eezo granting Chaos immunity. This is contrived nonsense. The reason why the Warhammer fanboys are butthurt is because the Imperium has to wrestle with a lot of problems on a regular basis, and for some reason, a bunch of "Rejects, Pariahs, Traitors, Renegades" from the ME universe deal with these problems without getting their asses handed to them? Sorry, I don't buy it.

The reason why the Imperium is overpowered is because their enemies are overpowered. The Imperium is actually the underdog in the setting, so unless you can prove to me that the boys and girls in Mass Effect have what it takes to beat interdimensional demons, ageless robots, space orcs and space locusts in a believable way, I'm not going to believe that Mass Effect characters have what it takes to beat the Imperials
Mutiny Most Foul chapter 15 . 12/28/2012
Mhm. Jack? Sorry, but I feel the need to address this.

You have criticized the author of this story for failing to state that it is an AU and failing to heed the corrections made by those. I can only guess that based on this statement, your own interaction with the 40k fandom has either been uncharacteristically lucky or short lived. The simple truth is, when a person is writing a crossover involving 40k and does anything less than fall to the ground and beg for mercy before the God Emperor, that person will inevitably attract the pettiest, whiniest fan wank the internet has to offer. Certainly, some of the suggestions might be good, helpful, or necessary, but they are...well, they're like helpful xenos in the eyes of the Emperor, not nearly enough of them to justify sifting through the ocean of scum.

I'm not saying this story is perfect. Hell, I'm not even saying it's good. All I am saying is that I can understand refusing to listen to people who are demanding a story be changed based on failure to submit to their favorite fandom. This person decided to hold another fandom above Warhammer, and no amount of AU's or anything else was going to save him the backlash.

P.S.: Most of the other stories here devote time to extolling the unquestioned surpremacy of the 40k universe. That is why they haven't been flamed.
Jack chapter 15 . 12/1/2012
The true skull. A quite unique name coming from someone with an intellect of a five year old. I'm now going to point out why you have embarrassed yourself in front of the entire internet. Firstly and i quote "As if humanity will become this barbaric." when was the last time you been outside. Because if you have actually bothered to attend history class you would have heard of the Spanish inquisition and believe when i say humanity is capable of being this barbaric if not worse. Secondly the author would not have gotten this much rage if it wasn't for the fact he never stated it would be AU thus people expected a story that stuck to canon, If he had said so then there won't be so much rage at him balancing the side. Finally the author down right ignored the people who have provided him with references from many legitimate source that contradict facts established in his story but instead of changing the story like he promised he down right ignored these people who is actually trying to help him instead of flaming. This action have not redeemed him in the eyes of the reviewers. So as you can see the people have an very good reason to flame and most if not all of your post is widely incorrect.
ps. There are many authors who make warhammer fanfics and crossovers daily. It is only this fic that people is not happy with.
Comissar chapter 15 . 11/6/2012
The True Skull

...

HERESY! *BLAM!*
forget the rest chapter 14 . 9/20/2012
1. How do they just know of chaos all the sudden. You would think that all this reports tha Sinclair was reading would warrant a lot of investigation. And how did they even know about the chaos gods? There was nothing leading up to that. 2. I still fail to see how eezo could counteract chaos. Chaos is not radiation and connor be blocked the way you described. There is a reason why fanatical faith is encouraged, it helps resist demonic perversion.
forget the rest chapter 12 . 9/20/2012
Origonal Cadian population died out and was depopulated by the imperium in M32, so while your Canadian and Australian theory is interesting it is also blatantly incorrect. And as to your shadow company it is quite essentially useless. If a planetary governor or a rogue trader was causing problems they would send the inquisition, someone with actual authority. I don't see how Creed would have that authority. And as for the people making up the group it makes no sense. 1. Unless it was there to repar equipment why would a tech priest join 2. Why would Cadia allow two karsins to join this group when there is still chaos holdouts on Cadia and the surrounding planets in the aftermath of the 13th black crusade?
forget the rest chapter 8 . 9/20/2012
I found a pretty useful site a whole back called lexicanum. Never heard of it? Well you should have if you were doing any research into the warhammer verse. The pulse rifle is classified as a plasma weapon, not a projectile weapon, a plasma weapon. And where has it ever said that soulsearcher rifle has a speed of 800 meters per second. I swear that you are pretty much making up all the stats for warhammer in order to make mass effect superior. And why does an assault rifle have the same firing speed as a dreadnaught. I know others have pointed it out.
forget the rest chapter 7 . 9/20/2012
Except for the rail rifle tau infantry uses plasma weapons, the rail rifle is the only solid slug weapon they use. But it is also a sniper rifle. The energy requirements for one shot takes an entire power cartridge to launch it to a hyper velocity speed. It can mortally wound larger tyranid organisms like hive tyrants. Not an est feat. This means tha Sinclair should have at least been wounded if not outright killed.
forget the rest chapter 5 . 9/20/2012
It's just the Necrontyr not necrontyres
Guest chapter 2 . 8/17/2012
Omfg I love you know just reading your notes and thank you for knowing that really now this story should be good