Reviews for Meek
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This was an incredibly written story - excellent, fluid detail, great use of language, and above all an excellent portrayal of Crane as a kid. He was very sympathetic in this piece and Bill was truly loathsome. The scene where he was forcing Crane to say "uncle" was particularly horrific. You captured Crane's feelings while being tormented very well, especially how he pleads as they shove his head into the water. You also did some interesting work in humanizing Crane's great-granny a little, as she is the one who saves him from the bullies and beats them off, yet still in-character in being cold and showing him little affection. Dialogue was fluid, realistic, and very well-done. Now I feel that I have to give young Crane a hug.

This was an excellent piece, and I look forward to reading more.
AnnaMNR chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Loved it!
neurquadic chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Ohh, poor Crane. It's really hard to not want him to have had a happier childhood. D:

Wonderfully short and crisp-I especially loved the verse at the end.
Future Trunks lover chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
He needs all the hugs he can possibly get. I love how you write young Jonathan and his Grandmother Keeny :)
Sylvia1 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Wow, powerful stuff here for such a short piece. I definitely love your young Crane with Granny. I'll be hunting down your Scarecrow pieces shortly. ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012