Reviews for The Funeral
Guest chapter 9 . 10/5/2012
I wish the writers of H&A would ask you for the storylines...loved it
Guest chapter 9 . 9/12/2012
Ah what a lovely story and lovely ending as usual ij you do it again
Born2Try chapter 9 . 9/8/2012
Lovely ending as always.
thane3 chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
Thanks IJKS for giving all of us a wonderful story to read. Length of writing does not necessarily mean the story is going to be bad. Actually I enjoy reading all different lengths of stories, to see how you go about developing your characters, the story, the scene, etc.

Now to some comments about this story. The compassion shown by Joey throughout the time of the funeral, should be an example for all of us to follow in each of our lives. None of us are perfect, we all make mistakes, big and small. What makes us special is our willingness to come together at critical times to be there for one another. Joey had the good sense and good timing to know when it was time to talk to Charlie about C&J being together again. There is a time for healing, there is a time for prayer and comfort, and there is a time to reaffirm our relationships. Joey handled each of these three tasks with the humanity that IJKS is known for.

Bottom line is that I would not of changed anything about the story, the way it was written. As always IJKS you were dead spot on.

I read the stories because they make me smile, they confirm the need for compassion and as I have put forward to IJKS, Joey reminds me very much the humanity that our favorite author has within herself.

It is corny to say, but I am very proud of you - your writing is excellent as always. Love and respect. Thane3
kazintaz chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
A beautiful ending to a short but intense period in the life of Charlie and so glad that you brought Joey back to help Charlie through that period of pain for her. As always loving your work IJKS :)
CJ4Eva chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
Superb ending. Loved it ;)
Jen82LH chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
As usual another perfect ending to another fantastic fic. Also well done for to Luckdog for giving you the idea. Loved how they decided to for themselves another chance. With Ross's death it probably showed the girls how short life is and so they should be happy whilst they have the chance. Brilliant writing again IJKS and looking forward to your new stuff when you post it.
psklestforever chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
very very beautiful story 3
Blue1927 chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
Excellent chapter, that really was a great final chapter to a fantastic story. It ended perfectly and it was lovely to see them put the past behind them and give things another go. I thought you did really well with taking such a sad moment and turning it around, so credit to Luckdog too for the idea. I also really enjoyed the humour that ran through it. Think I'm running out of superlatives now so will just say thanks and eagerly looking forward to more new stuff.
DV8ByDesign chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
Hello . . . .

Loved it! Short and sweet and a HAPPY ENDING! All those things work for me! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Just thought I would send this out before reading "Opposing Sides" because who knows what kind of mood I will be in after reading that one!

By the way we could NEVER have too much from you . . . At least in my humble opinion!

Love stories like this that shows H&A how they could have brought back Joey at really any time but they just teased us and never brought her back! Hated what they did to Charlie's character . . . Changed her into someone none of us could recognize from when she first appeared on H&A! I understand her character had to change and mellow from when she arrived on the show . . . . But they beyond destroyed not only her character but also her morals and everything else that I loved about Charlie Buckton! To the point she was beyond unrecognizable from the strong woman she was when she arrived on the show! I wish we could arrest H&A (TPTB and whoever "KILLED" Charlie Buckton because that is what they basically did) If Esther did not look the same I would say that it was another actress in the role . . . NOT faulting Esther herself because I always appreciated her acting and thought she did the best she could with the drivel that they gave her . . . It was more the story lines that they made her act out that never captured the true Charlie Buckton! They turned a strong woman into a doormat who had no morals or self respect left in her! She kept going back to the thing that destroyed her and eventually killed her; when she should have walked away! Really do not think that love had anything to do with it; or at least it seemed to be more about sex & ONLY sex . . . What self respecting woman would keep going back to a man who only seemed to lie to her and what about compromise? To me Charlie was the one that gave everything up (including her self respect and basically who she was) while Brax never really gave anything up . . . There was no compromise! The thing I guess I have the hardest part of is that Charlie should have never trusted the gang leader and all the lies he fed her . . . As a cop I would have thought that her hair would have stood up on her neck with all the lies that he told her! That her instinct of being a cop (and that being THE ONLY THING SHE EVER WANTED TO BE; much more than a career to her . . . More like in her blood!) That she would have figured out how so not good for her he was! It is like she was another person entirely and that she had absolutely NO self-respect at all! It was NEVER even close to an equal partnership; to me it was basically one sided-being that Charlie gave him everything (including her self respect and her career) and all he gave her in return was lies upon lies . . . . I guess if he had ever really come clean to her; but he never did; he only ever lied, then lied some more for good measure! If Charlie had really been thinking with her brain and not another part of her anatomy she would have figure him out early on and instead of losing her entire self and all her morals she would have arrested his arse and he would have gone to jail! Their "partnership" was beyond one sided and I guess I would have bought it more if it had been more of a give and take situation; but Charlie seemed to be the only one giving and in return all she got was lies and illegal activities for all of her trouble and then eventually shot not once but on two separate occasions! You think the first time would have opened her eyes as to what she was getting into but NOT! I really do think that Gang Leader as good as shot him herself . . . I guess that Gang Leader would have figure it out . . . That Charlie being involved with him would be dangerous to her or any woman because of ALL his illegal activities and especially since she had been a cop . . . SOMEONE who's cop sense should have some into play (since she had been one her entire life and grew up with cops!) They just never had an equal relationship; they were never equal as long as Charlie was giving everything that made her, well her while he kept on doing the same thing such as illegal things and kept on lying about everything; it just does not work . . . He never gave things up he just did it more on the sly as he always did! Unequal relationships NEVER work . . . In this case it cost Charlie her life . . . The ultimate betrayal! I just never got it . . . I mean Charlie was always basically a screw up . . . That is one of the things that drew me to her . . . But she did have morals and lived by them . . . But gave them all up for a man who never told her the truth . . . So not the basis for a relationship!

Okay stepping off of my little soap box! Getting back to this fic . . . LOVED IT! Keep on writing great stories! THANKS! Helps me get through the tough things and I enjoy them!

Love & Peace . . . . .

DV8 oxoxo

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
luckdog chapter 9 . 9/6/2012
Thank you for writing this beautiful and touching story sweetie :o) You did my idea proud :o)

I had to laugh at Ruby's comment about wishing nature had better facilities lol And Aden for saying he didn't see anything, but he was listening out just encase lol I'm glad they wanted to try again :o) I'm looking forward to reading your new stories when you post them :o)
CJ4Eva chapter 8 . 8/30/2012
I have loved reading this fic. Joey's determination to stay by Charlie's side is fabulous. Even for one night to forget about their troubles and hard decisions, despite the sadness of the day, Charlie should savour the moment. No doubt tomorrow looks like a good one with Joey pledging her commitment to Charlie :)
thane3 chapter 8 . 8/29/2012
It is hard not to cry as Charlie did during the time that Joey made love to Charlie. For a small moment in my own life, I had a moment when I knew by reading the story that Joey really was a good person, inside and out. Her compassion and love for Charlie, made her draw a line in the sand and say to both of them that it was time to take care of Charlie, period with no hestitation.

The romance and sex was beautiful and yes darn right sexy, but it was done with the right reason, the right way, and with the right amount of caring. Joey had the good sense to check with Charlie asking her if it was alright if she proceeded to the next level.

When you have been as lonely feeling as I have personally felt for years, its really embrassing to admit such a thing to anyone even be strangers, (which BTW I do not feel that the readership are strangers as I do read other comments, just to get a feel for a new story). The bottom line is that I can relate to how Charlie was feeling, lost, lonely, not sure if she could ask for the kind of help (love) she was getting from Joey. To have the breakup that they had and to have Joey forget all that for someone else is the sign of a very special person.

Thank you Joey (aka IJKS) for being the sweet, kind, caring person that I know you are. Wonderful chapter, thanks young lady. Hugs Thane3
luckdog chapter 8 . 8/29/2012
Joey is so sweet and gentle, it was nice what she did you Charlie. Would have been nicer for us perves if you had of went into greater details with Joey's loving of Charlie ;o) lol I'm glad Charlie told Joey it is she that she wants :o) Also love how Joey calmed Charlie when she started getting stressed and told her they could talk about the hard stuff in the morning, but for now was a time to snuggle and sleep happily in each others arms :o)
Jen82LH chapter 8 . 8/29/2012
Awesome chapter. It was so lovely to see how much Joey wanted to help ease Charlie's pain. And she knew exactly how to do it and exactly what to say. Charlie just needed to be taken away from it all. Sad to see this one ending, but like the sound of the final chapter IJKS.