Reviews for All About Thorin
Lillianpost chapter 9 . 5/1
OK, another thing I love about this story is Lostwithiel and his relationship with Thorin. I had to laugh when he cheerfully opened the bedroom door and slapped Thorin on his backside. "Not looking! Not looking!" the elf carolled ... That was just too funny. They grow to be friends with a true affection although somewhat gruff on Thorin's side, but they love each other when it counts to the point that Thiel felt a bit lost when Thorin left. Really well done. Thorin and Thranduil later on is hysterical, and I just about died when Thorin went to Charm School. Very witty.
Lillianpost chapter 26 . 4/25
I have read and reread your story from time to time since I find it so funny and touching, but the most sincere aspect that I see is the love between Thorin and Rose. What a lovely relationship you built! I adore their interactions and how he fell in love with her and she with him to the point that she would defend him and challenge him when he wasn't being his best. They brought out the best in each other, and who could ask for more? It was a real heartbreak when they had to part, and I'm glad that you carried their sadness at leaving each other into their new situations. Anything else would have played false. Thank you for creating such a lovely picture of a father and daughter.
V chapter 76 . 12/2/2015
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful story and giving Tolkien's characters that special touch - you are very talented! It's been years since I hadn't read fanfics, but I stumbled upon yours by accident and couldn't put it down until the end! Thanks a mil!
PS chapter 73 . 2/9/2015
Stored it for sometime noe, and just managad to read it. Love it as always.
Doc M chapter 76 . 1/6/2015
These are deliciously funny and very well-written!
VJ chapter 46 . 12/27/2014
Thanks so much for writing this incredible fic - I can't stop reading it! It's amazing how you nailed down the characters'personalities but added them your personal touch and created great ones like Lostwithiel. And I bursted out laughing with some of the dialogues! If only "The Hobbit" had an alternative ending like this one ;)
daarreader chapter 76 . 12/22/2014
story. Hope your Christmas is as fun as your writing.
uno mega chapter 74 . 12/22/2014
Say what? An update? Also, I saw The Hobbit BOFA yesterday and I unfortunately didn't like it, so I'm thinking to gabble up all the Fics that I love in order to pretend the movie didn't happen :)
DownliftedAndUnderwhelmed chapter 76 . 12/22/2014
AWWWWWW
That was delightful! Thank you so much for treating us to some grumpy-yet-adorable Thorin in time for Xmas! (I'm so glad he managed to keep his dignity intact whilst climbing down the chimney!)
I'm totally sold on your headcanon of Bilbo making the most amazing cakes.
And your Thranduil is a thing of perfection. "Thorin, you know you have bad taste." Simply divine :-)
Cecilia1204 chapter 75 . 12/7/2014
That was fun and I'd be the same way as Tauriel if I had to watch my Thorin getting groped by other women, even in the name of acting. Always wondered how partners of real actors dealt with love/sex scenes they were in. I suppose you have to get used to it. I'd give it a whirl if RA was my partner, lol!

Finally got my extended version of DOS last week and I still haven't finished watching all the extras yet, but it's been good lead in to BOFTA (sob!). I get emotionally just thinking about it. Thinking about popping across to Hobbiton for my birthday in April for a few days - so that cheers me up (a bit).
Cecilia1204 chapter 74 . 12/7/2014
Hey, it's great to see more chapters written! I've missed this story and any new chapters are a great surprise. I've only recently got back from the US so to see a new story helps the post-holiday, back-to-work doldrums, lol.

I've got my tickets for Boxing Day here, but I don't know that I'm emotionally ready for BOFTA yet. I watched the premiere from London (got up at 4.30am, mind you). I missed the LA premiere by just over a week (damn, as I was staying across the road!) but when all the actors say it rips your heart out, I don't know how I'm going to cope with watching Thorin die. I've told the family they may need to carry me out of the cinema sobbing, lol. Hubby doesn't want to sit next to me!

It's fun see Thrandy & Thorin as friends, especially after watching so many shorts and clips from the movie where they're such enemies. That laptop's becoming a menace.

Great to see you back (and I seriously need to get back to my story now, too!) and look forward to more chapters as ideas come to you.

Regards, Cecilia
LadyDunla chapter 75 . 12/7/2014
Well, you're right; Thorin did have a nice two days. I suppose the laptop owed him something after the mess it had created last time. But it can never be all nice with Thorin and Tauriel, can it? Of course Thorin wouldn't tell Tauriel immediately what he was up to exactly. It's the laptop writing the stories after all and it does need something to write a story about, doesn't it? Fortunately, there's always a happy ending for these two.

And a very happy Christmas to you, albeit several weeks in advance. Thank you for this lovely story.
DownliftedAndUnderwhelmed chapter 75 . 12/7/2014
Oh, I can never have too much of the Valinor Drama Soc. ;-)
I loved the fact that Thorin's idea of a good day consists of lovemaking, chocolate cake, and being the centre of attention. Bless him. It's the sort of happily-ever-after that we can all wish him, especially these days!
dearreader chapter 75 . 12/7/2014
Have a merry Xmas, too. I am sure Santa will bring the laptop many stories to tell.
Doc M chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
This is delightful! And of course, I am always very pleased when he recovers! It's interesting to consider, given that the film seems to leave Tauriel's fate open… I like them as a pairing.