Reviews for Tales of Republic City
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/24
This whole story is absolutely fantastic, however 2 minor adjustments could be made, and it doesn't require a rewrite. You have done an incredible, incredible job capturing the turmoils of a relationship and of starting a family as I have seen them in my life- I myself have no children, but my parents have a very similar dynamic.

So here are my small critiques, the story is so good it survives these easily.
Bumi is the oldest, per season 2 of Korra- also look at family photo.
Toph had 2 kids, Su Yin and Lin.

That's it, and I even like where you conjecture the story headed, it lands all the characters in the right areas and would do a lot to explain a lot things if it became the accepted turn of events.
morikoto chapter 28 . 5/12
The ending was so touching, I have a few tears in my eyes right now This was an amazing read from start to finish, thank you so much for sharing this!
SpiritusFlos chapter 28 . 5/10
This was absolutely incredible. So thoroughly developed and it provided so much closure to the fans who wanted to learn more about the characters after the series ended. You are an extremely talented writer. Flawless.
iForIan chapter 28 . 4/18
Good god those last two chapters... made me effin cry!
i-am-ashamed-of-you chapter 10 . 3/28
Generally, fanfictions that are suppossed to summon deep feelings are written with poor characterization and amateur writing. This chapter is the exact opposite. When Tenzin admitted to Katara about his notion that Aang didn't want to train him because his airbending talent was lacking, I felt a (almost literal if you will) twinge in my heart. The vignette had such a great composition and the subtle buildup was so perfectly placed in the previous ones that the feeling that emitted from it felt true and real to the characters, and according to my experience, was relatable to the audience.
fuj891020 chapter 28 . 2/28
Dear good sir/madam,
You are truly blessed with the muses' inspiration and have a great command of your diction. I absolutely loved Tales of Republic City-it has truly been an honor to have read storytelling on such a fundamentally human level. Definitely well worth every hour spent (even rereading certain passages because they were so well put).

I really enjoyed how you stayed true to the main trajectory of the original series and kept such a fine balance of comedy, romance, and action that leaves the reader hungry yet satiated for the effort spent.

Especially that last bit referencing to "love is brightest in the dark..." Eff-ing props to you for fitting that beauty spot on the mark. You will not believe how much that struck home for me :-)

Thank you for sharing this great masterpiece with us and I hope your fanfic words and thoughts will incessantly flow rich.
Note to self: Don't read your stories when I'm PMSing. Crying is so annoying.
That was just beautiful.
So... uhm... Katara seems a little mom-oriented. She doesn't seem to have a life outsider of her kids. I would be pawning my (imaginary) kids off on the acolytes like it's going out of style. Anyway, please please have another airbender baby (after Tenzin). Maybe even fraternal twins, one airbender, one waterbender. Girls. Twins girls.
GrandAdmiral07 chapter 28 . 2/14
Amazing. Truely amazing. This whole story was such a rollercoaster from start to finish. I cannot express in words really how much this got to me. Your realization of Aang and Katara as adults and of their family and friends. Your great pacing of plot progression and character development. The simply perfect dialogue skills you have made this truly something special for me. You made this real for me. I was laughing and scowling, angry and happy, scared and warm. I was brought to tears and then brought back out, all along with your characters. Thank you for giving me this. I really needed it. There are some things that I really need to work out in my life and as silly as it sounds this story gave me some courage and insight into what those things are. You are an amazing story teller. And thank you for this journey.
GrandAdmiral07 chapter 3 . 2/13
My goodness this is so far THE BEST grown Kataang fic I have ever read. You did such a great job of using your own interpretation of a matured relationship between them, while still still staying loyal to their characters. I'm amazed. Oh and I'm a complete sucker for well written dialogue. You do such a great job incorporating body language, sounds and environment into your story its almost like watching a movie. In my head. O.O

Love this can't wait to finish.
I don't often post reviews but this... this was awesome. Never before did a fanfiction make my cry and then Aang's final day comes and... here it is... but still thank you.
Kairenai chapter 28 . 1/9
So, after watching ATLA series & finding myself on a mission for closure, which I thought would never end, I have finally found it in your story(ies); mainly this one in particular.

I don't know about you or other ATLA fans, but I feel cheated because we have not yet been allowed to see how their lives unfold from after the kiss Ba Sing Se, the rest of their teenage years, adulthood, marraige, children, and old age. We were immediately taken to a world of post-Avatar Aang & with a new avatar in The Legend of Korra, which has grown on me over time, but still! I wanted see the lives of Aang & Katara progress! There's not enough emotional mention of Aang after his death between the children & Katara. I know, I know... They've had 20 years to get over it as Katara is now in her 80s in the Legend of Korra series, and Aang died age 66. I've watched the series up to the point where Toph re-enters the story for a bit, and throughout those 3 seasons, I've come to notice the lack of sentiment expressed by Katara, the kids (who are now adults), as well as the lack of spiritual connection Korra has with Aang, even though it's explained that Korra is not the spiritual type. The relationship we experienced between Roku & Aang is what I was hoping for with Aang & Korra. Anyhow, I know it's still a possibility the comics may touch on some of the aforementioned subjects eventually, but I'm not going hold my breath for it because it is a future unknown; I have no idea if the comics will ever go this far into their lives as you have, but I can continue to hope...

But in the event that such never happens, I can say that this story here fills most of that void. You've really delved into the characters' personalities & produced a realism to the atmosphere in which they live; I think that's mostly because they are dealing with real-life situations that I can somewhat relate to, and even when I cannot, you've provided enough detail to their plights for readers to empathize with. I felt like I was reading an official side-story from the creator of ATLA.

I can honestly say I have no complaints with any of the stories I've read from you because you've been spot on with the information in relation to that of canon details. Thank You for this story along with the others you've created. Among the other authors & their stories I've read, I'll say that yours have become the most memorable.
Guest chapter 28 . 12/31/2014
oh gosh its a long ride and really good story. i thought you are going to introduce Korra in the very end since Katara is in the south pole but this ending is good enough ;)
Asiastana chapter 28 . 12/21/2014
This was beyond wonderful and fulfilling. You should really present ideas like these to the creators.