Reviews for Brambles
Clevingerrr chapter 4 . 10/19/2014
I shouldn't have waited so long to give this ficlet collection a's good (very good, actually), and it uses the idea of "high-quality one-shots that have some connectivity" in a creative manner. Although many others have done the "Alek and Deryn after the war/as adults" time period before, this handles it in a surprisingly mature and intelligent manner.
Instead of a non-stop barrage of the two kissing and reminding us that they love each other, we got a unique the focus on complications that come with married life: dealing with unruly or attention-hungry kids, the possibility of extra-marital affairs, and sterility. It's almost dark at times, but it is entertaining to read for its rarity among the fanfiction community. Not only was this a great idea, but you also avoided the trap of spending too much time in the doom and gloom, evening it out with heartwarming exchanges between Alek and Deryn. You found a perfect balance between not enough conflict and too much conflict, and it comes off as a smart and ultimately satisfying tone for each one-shot.

By the way, I hope you will continue HUES. I would love to see Deryn come to terms with having to accept a stepfather, and Alek coping with (and trying to understand how to move on past) his love's inability to bear children.
EllieStone chapter 4 . 8/16/2014
It's so great to see you back! I've missed you :)

Man, I'm such a sucker for a good kiss in the rain. I think my favorite part though, was the bit at the end though. I love the image of them lying in bed, with the pale morning light spilling over them, a chill in the air, just ignoring the fact that the rest of the world is out there and being content to lie together. Ahhhhhh.

PS - There was an exciting development while you were away... I met Scott Westerfeld :D
Revan Dark Lord Of The Sith chapter 4 . 8/10/2014
I thought it was lovely! It was vey sweet, kept it up!
kateflowrchild13 chapter 4 . 8/9/2014
AWw, I liked it! I'm glad you updated, too! It's great to see you writing again!
kateflowrchild13 chapter 2 . 6/27/2013
excuse my swearing but this is the SHIT. THE BEST leviathan fanfic i've read.
Sansonnette chapter 3 . 5/25/2013
really sweet, and very well written!
Random chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
Love this. Simple and sweet and wonderful. I love your writing. Great job and I look forward to reading more! :)
Sassysplash chapter 3 . 12/25/2012
polarbear257 chapter 3 . 12/25/2012
i got bored and decided to read this its good stuff some of them could truthfully be expanded into stories also theres a mistake in all chaos but im not gonna tell you where they are :P
Spartan Ninja chapter 3 . 12/24/2012
Beautifully done holiday chapter. This was really sweet. Nice job.
Johnsoneer chapter 2 . 8/25/2012
That was quite good. Excellently paced, both chapters. I could really picture the scene well so you're doing an excellent job. Keep going and, as a personal request, maybe something when they were a bit younger? I know that everyone else does that, but you've got the pacing down to pull it off. Give it a shot will ya?
Cita chapter 2 . 8/21/2012
Haha! Love it.
bookworm250250 chapter 2 . 7/30/2012
HA I loved it!
bookworm250250 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Middy Miles chapter 2 . 7/21/2012
That was very amusing! Although I got the "not all of it, anyway" right as I was reading it. But that was totally awesome!