Reviews for And We Fall, And We Rise
Nikki Pond chapter 6 . 6/20
I love an adventure that gives an understanding to Thor about his brother. Clever! Simply touching ;) Always knew Thor loves his brother more than anything even if he's a Frost Giant...which he is.
silverwolf3432 chapter 6 . 5/23
This story is absolutely amazing
Meew3 chapter 6 . 3/23
.aww
Meew3 chapter 5 . 3/23
Well Thor if you brought back the other people they'd be in a diffrent time with diffrent people and be really confused so there's that.
Goddamit this is beatifuulll
beautiful beautiful story and very well written, one of the best stories ever written in the fan fiction world. Great job and you have a real talent.
Mystic 777 chapter 6 . 10/1/2014
Ah, if only... This was a sweet little piece, thanks for sharing it.
at-the-heart chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
I fell in love with this story as soon as I started reading it. It was amazing. It was more than amazing. It's heart warming and touching to see the brothers learn to these lessons in life and love each other. For them to realize how much they needed one another. Thank you for writing this story.
Kekeh chapter 6 . 9/11/2014
Wonderful!
Libraryland chapter 6 . 9/5/2014
Ah, bless you Vor- I've wanted them to be saved for so long too...

What-a-wonderful-story. Beautiful to see a vision of Thor and Loki and who they were "before" we meet them in the MCU. By then, everyone is so stubbornly locked in to their roles, it's actually hard to understand how they ever had any fun together.

But this... This is marvelous story-telling, beautifully written. Bright, tangy and utterly real. Sif, Volstag and the rest tease Loki but nothing vicious. When he retaliates, Hogun is amused and Sif resigned to this tweaking. Thor is an overwhelming puppy of a man, all wags and barks and insistent on getting his way- but not because he is a "vain, greedy cruel boy" but because he heedlessly believes that if he, Thor, wants something, he must be right! And dear Loki, who must cope with and balance himself in this group, deal with Thor's need to push at boundaries and prove himself, and his own hunger for his life's meaning.

And so they take their "hero's journey" and end up somewhere they are/aren't supposed to be, struggling with tests to their understanding and skills and coming to question what they know, express themselves fully and honestly, realize their faults and limitations and rely on each other in new ways. They learn about themselves and each other and how terribly important they are to each other in the process.

I love (?) your other, more painful stories too (even when they make me weep) but this tale is a lovely little sunrise, full of growth, wisdom, hope and the richness of family love realized and expressed. Both Thor and Loki are a delight- pitch-perfect as to character, yet not so locked into their roles. Here, they are so achingly young. They actively seek change and knowledge to be better people, and realize the strength in their differences and love that binds them together as brothers.

How strong that love makes all of them- you can feel that in this AU, even the reveal of Loki's heritage won't tear this family apart- that everyone will actually listen to each other and treat it as the amazing gift that it is- the "treasure of Asgard" indeed.

I will imagine many more stories of Thor and Loki in this wiser, happier AU. Thank you so much.
you-know-its-actually-funny chapter 6 . 7/9/2014
Haha, a very enjoyable read :) I liked the tests and the whole plot in general. Thank you for writing :D
Whispers From A Silver Tongue chapter 4 . 2/14/2014
idk about the rest of you but im sitting here eating leftover brownie batter and sobbing and for some reason I love this story for that.
Frejara chapter 6 . 2/8/2014
This must be the most innovative storyline about Thor and Loki I've ever read! And so wonderfully told I could virtually hear them speak. And all these feels! I'd love to see THAT story made into a movie!
xbecbebex chapter 6 . 2/5/2014
Zomg. This whole story was stunning.
Anonymous chapter 6 . 1/5/2014
This story is absolutely beautiful. This is definitely one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. I love how you created such an original story and tied it in so flawlessly with Thor and Loki's characters. Excellent work :)