Reviews for Summer at Downton, 1907
katie k chapter 11 . 9/15/2012
I'm dying for you to update again! This is my favorite story on ff.
Liz chapter 11 . 9/15/2012
I am constantly checking for updates...so please UPDATE? You're killing me! I love your stories!
Guest chapter 11 . 9/10/2012
Please update this soon. I hope you touch on to some degree how this past will affect their future as meeting again in 1912 simply can't go as canon did. Good work.
katie k chapter 11 . 8/31/2012
Omg. Thank you for that ending. I'm fanning myself over here. It was wonderful!
downtonlove chapter 11 . 8/28/2012
I loved this chapter and of course this story! I think M/M are very curious about each other and with those hormones who can blame them? I think they were both so cute and cautious with each other. I would also love for you to continue this or perhaps another story with Matthew returning to Downton as the heir and letting them marry for love. Again, for this great fic! Looking forward to reading more.
R. Grace chapter 11 . 8/28/2012
Beautiful chapter. I actually felt so sad for Thomas I teared up for a moment, when Thomas sees Matthew go into Mary's room. who could blame him for liking Matthew? I also got the impression that young Thomas was very lonely. His thoughts about Matthew weren't lewd or overtly sexual. He seemed as much in need of companionship and love as anything. You wrote him so well my heart really broke for him. I know he'll probably make me regret feeling sorry for him in the next chapter, but for now that was one of the things that haunts me about this chapter.

And then M/M's sweet little tryst...The love and admiration between them is just so precious. I really hope you'll take the story through Matthew arriving at Downton as the heir. In this universe, I think Mary would have been overjoyed that she might get to marry for love after all, and things between them would have gone much differently. And we just need their wedding night. Please? ;)

Update soon! I'm really loving this universe. :D
Audrey C chapter 11 . 8/28/2012
It seems like Thomas is going to make some trouble for Matthew and Mary. Teenagers wanting to explore their sexuality seems rather believable. Glad they didn't go all the way though. Teen pregnancy can be really bad for all parties involved.
adrielmoonstar chapter 11 . 8/28/2012
That was very sweet. I love the way that you are portraying Mary and Matthew. I feel sorry for Thomas, even though I know that he is going to do something nasty.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/15/2012
I hope you update this sweet story very soon. I love teenage Matthew and Mary and I think you capture them very well here. I also like that you introduced a level of intimacy to their relationship which makes them seem even more teenagery! Can't wait to see how this story will progress.
7gifts chapter 10 . 8/12/2012
I am enjoying your AU, it's well written and really interesting. Matthew and Mary are absolutely delightful in the innocence of their affections.

Cora and Robert are so class and material legacy conscious that they refuse to acknowledge that Matthew and Mary adore each other. I especially like the scenes where you had Robert and Cora talk not Matthew and Mary respectively about Mary's future to ensure the kids don't get too attached, I can see ths happening in canon.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/4/2012
I'm really loving this fic! So lovely and so original :) please update soon!
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 10 . 8/3/2012
I'm still halfway through this fic, but I wanted to stop and say that I really find it (as well as the prequiel)... refreshing. Mary is such a romantic girl despite of her not liking J. Austen, lol! And Matthew is such a lovely gentlemen. I'm really curious as to where you will go with this AU you created and how much it will change S1 canon. That is, if you think to continue into the canon. Either way, it's a wonderful read :)
R. Grace chapter 10 . 8/3/2012
Very sweet chapter! You handled the escalating intimacy between them very tastefully. Sweet Matthew, always the gentleman. :)

I love the way you handle the marriage issue in this chapter. That's a big pill for teenagers to swallow. It truly does explain some of Mary's underlying bitterness in season 1. Very well done!
katie k chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
THANK YOU! I loved how you did their "scene ". Wonderful job., hope to see another chapter up soon!
adrielmoonstar chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
Another lovely chapter. I thought you did a wonderful job of showing Robert and Cora, and their idea of what's "best" for Mary. I love the romance between Mary and Matthew. But what I really loved about this chapter is that it shows how the sweet little girl we see now could turn into the angry, 'heartless' Lady Mary we see in S1. Matthew, too, one could see how he would be quite upset at having the girls "pushed" at him after being told that he wasn't good enough before. And having Carson witness her talk with Cora totally shows why he always stands up for her.
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »