Reviews for Summer at Downton, 1907
TNMMRR chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
Good progress in their relationships physically. Not to much but a taste of deeper intimacy thats believable between teens this age, not matter the period. I like that they are voicing the realization of what the future expects of them to each other and realizing the difficult road that lies ahead. I'm so interested to see where this ends. I really enjoyed your prequel story to this one and I was so surprised when the ending left them in canon but I'm excited to see how the summer together alters that future or if it does.
Keep up the great writing, I love all your stories so much!
Audrey C chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
Matthew and Mary as teenagers are so very cute together! I am curious as to how far you are going to take this story.
ladyteaallen chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
Very well handled! Can't wait to read 'the proposition'! :-)
golightly15 chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
I think you found a really good balance with making it more intimate but not too much. And if you mix a teenager with hormones and finding someone they actually like...well... :). And oh Robert and Cora, don't you know the best way to get a teenager to do something is by telling them not to?
Can't wait to see what the proposition is!
1life2ROCK chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
Love this story
Guest chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
What is the proposition? o.0
I hate when I have to wait to know...
herecomethedreams chapter 10 . 8/2/2012
Perfect. Intimate but no too intimate. Well done!
sarah113 chapter 9 . 7/30/2012
I'm all for you making it a little spicy ;) I mean teenagers are teenagers no matter the time period. But you should write where your mind takes you. Loved this chapter! Thanks!
katie k chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
Definately not sex! But maybe a little adventurous ;) loved it as always! Hope you update again soon, I just cant get enough!
adrielmoonstar chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
I am completely enjoying the sweet summer romance. My own first love barely made it into PG territory, but the memories still make my heart pitter-patter, so I would be quite content if you maintained the very sweet UST you've had going so far. That being said, they are teenagers, and 'giant walking hormone' is the working definition. I wouldn't find more intimacy offensive or OOC. I could certainly seeing Mary pushing for more, especially if she were to start to realize that she might not have a choice about marrying Patrick. Based upon your other stories I am certain that you will do an amazing job either way.
golightly15 chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
I agree with what other people have said! It's probably what you most feel like writing and what you think. But if you do want to take it in a more intimate direction I think that would be ok. Like others have said, teenagers will be teenagers and get carried away by hormones, although there are still some lines I don't think they'd cross. Also I can see Mary being the aggressor, as well. She's sheltered but she's also curious and strong willed. Plus, I think she likely had some knowledge about these things albeit vague knowledge (I think at least by the time of the Pamuk incident she had some knowledge of things... just not necessarily the umm...mechanics).
ladyteaallen chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
I'm with R Grace, you should take the story in the direction you feel most appropriate. I think I would still love it, whether M / M become more intimate or not. I'm probably with you, they are not going to become lovers...but on the flip side, I do think it is clear that they have strong feelings and this would naturally lead to more intimacy. I feel Matthew is holding back already and would probably show his feelings more but it waiting for Mary to show that she is ready and would wait for her to initiate something. Great writing! (laydit)
herecomethedreams chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
I love this story. It would be nice to have them a bit more intimate but only to a certain point. They're only young so wouldn't do anything beyond kissing, even though back then that was almost unheard of in aristocratic families like Mary's. But Mary is very rebellious in the intamacy of relationships between men and women, so would push, of sorts, Matthew and herself further than the kisses they share now, but not very far, if that makes sense.
R. Grace chapter 9 . 7/29/2012
Cute chapter! I loved Matthew holding Mary during the ghost stories. Their interactions are always very sweet.

As far as what I want to see, that's really whatever your muse tells you to write. I've read your other fics, so I know you write some very beautiful love scenes. While I agree that anything overly intimate would be inappropriate at this point, I do think it would be natural that they would experiment a bit. Sheltered or not, teenagers have always been teenagers. I grew up in a very sheltered Christian home, and was experimenting with kissing and such by the time I was 14. I almost felt like being kept in the dark by my family made me more curious than I would otherwise have been. Maybe the same concept would apply with Mary. You're absolutely right that she would likely be the agressor. If they are tastefully done, I don't think a couple passionate moments would be out of place.

Hope this helps! Whatever you decide, I'm looking forward to more!
sarah113 chapter 8 . 7/27/2012
I loved it as always! You add such a family atmosphere that its fun but I missed not having a lot of Mary and Matthew. Great job! Hope you update again soon! :)
78 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »