Reviews for The Ones They Take For Granted
Siriivy chapter 1 . 4/28
AHHHHHHHH I love this so much! Please, I am BEGGING you for a sequel!
2000liquidass chapter 5 . 10/10/2018
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG! I’m at the part where goku counts down until gohan reaches the room and I don’t read anymore, it’s been so good up until now NOOOOOOO I don’t want it to be ruined
Rosebud on Royal Icing chapter 1 . 3/29/2018
Hi there, I have just finished reading this story (recommended to me by a very close friend of mine) and oh my goodness what a whirlwind of a ride it has been. I don’t know if I can even begin expressing to you how incredibly devastated, upset, angry, and sad I was throughout this fic. Your writing is fantastic and I don’t think I need to say that you have a gift for grasping your readers’ attention. You do it so well...I was bawling my eyes out by the time I read the part of Gohan claiming his love for Videl. Man, I have never felt so bad for the dude. I cried and cried...Literally sobbing...I had to stop for a minute to catch my breath. Thing is, while I ultimately feel sooo much for Gohan in this fic, I still can’t help but feel sad whenever I read about poor Goku and Chichi...That woman was such a fucking bitch here (I think she’s a fucking bitch all the time though). Tbh, I have always, always hated the double standard of wives who cheat is because they’re neglected whereas men who cheat, it’s because they’re lustful...But in this fic, you have managed to justify Videl’s reason to start an affair with Goku. And as for Goku, I have no issues with him cheating on Chichi (because that fucking bitch deserves it) but I do have issues with him sleeping with his daughter-in-law. I felt really bad for everyone, tbh. At one point, I just wanted to stop reading this fic but my curiosity got the better of me, I needed to know what happened in the end. It’s a bittersweet ending but I feel this whole fic was bittersweet...Just how both Goku and Videl pined for romance but never got it from their spouse...Just how devastating and heartbreaking it must’ve been for Gohan...Everything...Great piece of writing.
QueenAlexa chapter 1 . 3/29/2018
Hiyahiya'oh: YOU ARE A FUCKING BITCH. I saw your profile and I can see very well that you are a fan of the ox bitch. Well let me tell you this, go fuck yourself or better yet, go fuck that ox bitch Chichi, or Bitchi should I say instead of taking time to read non Gochi stories and then dissing out the author's work afterwards! Why, have you written a single fic yourself? The fics about your ox bitch idol should be the ones deleted and not this one. Clearly you fans of that ox bitch cannot accept the truth that Chichi is a nagging machine (yes, if there's a so-called killing machine, Chichi is a nagging machine) who tricked Goku into marriage just to make his life miserable. You can go to hell with Chichi if you want, we don't care and we'd LOVE that! You're upset because you cannot accept that in this fic Chichi was properly characterized, this is REALLY HOW she behaves! Her hobby is to nag and make her husband's life miserable. She is the worst character in the show and you fans cannot accept the truth that's why you all act so butthurt when other writers pair Goku with another woman and characterize Chichi the way she is. She is not a loving wife because she wants to change her husband for her own sake! Accept the truth. Chichi is an overbearing and nagging ox bitch.

This story is awesome, don't let stupid people like the fans of that ox bitch to diss a masterpiece such as this. They can all go to hell.
MadeInJapan87 chapter 11 . 3/26/2018
Please
I need read more Goku x Videl.
Love it
CaedmonCousland chapter 11 . 3/1/2018
Wow. One of my first ever DBZ fanfics I've ever read, and I loved it. Although I have always been a fan of more nonconventional pairings. Overall this story just took so much time to develop the romance, while purposefully making things so messy it came across as far more realistic. You may have hooked me.
Blake2020 chapter 1 . 3/1/2018
great
Guest chapter 1 . 1/11/2018
You need to show who’s talking and show their actions how is the reader supposed to understand who’s saying what?
HatethePlayer-NevertheGame chapter 11 . 12/15/2017
Wow, I feel mildly disturbed by how much I enjoyed reading this.

Not that it was badly written - in fact I liked how Goku and Vegeta were portrayed very much - and the way you bounced between perspectives was insightful and helped the story flow, but I admit some scenes where the POV switched weren't very clear it wasn't enough to detract from the story.

I kinda want a sequel, but I'm content with this, I don't know if I'll ever read the pairing again - though I like odd/strange pairings better then canon or common ones - but good job on selling me this one.

Bye
Alienlover10000 chapter 11 . 11/11/2017
I absolutely love this story. I found it like two or three days ago and I wanted to keep reading and reading. It was a joy from start to finish. I liked the premise of how Goku and Videls marriage are not that good and it was handled in a good way I think. I also think the psychology of the characters, specifically Videl and Goku, were beautifully handled cuz it makes sense, considering how their marriages were that they would latch onto one another and I was extremely believable. I do think that Goku should've gotten Videl pregnant though cuz realistically with how much they had sex she would've got knocked up. That being said that is the one thing I don't like towards the story cuz once you consider how much they did it and still didn't get knocked up that breaks the immersion I had at the beginning. Now I am not saying that I didn't like the direction it was cuz I did the ending makes me want more but the pregnancy arc would've made the story alot better in my opinion. That arc would've made both Videl and Goku fight for their love cuz I mean it their child would want them together and Goku ain't just gonna leave knowing she's carrying her child. That could also create more conflict between the family and stretch out the story more. Maybe get another fight with Gohan maybe. You could say if you did this that Videl didn't get knocked up till the night before Gohan and Goku fought. I bring up the pregnancy possibility cuz you never established they used protection. That being said maybe a version two of the story being a what of she got pregnant arc could be cool. Have her get pregnant the night before Gohan and Goku fought that way all the stuff up to that point and a little bit after that point stays the same and then goes in a different direction. Sorry if it seems like I'm bashing on how you took it towards the end but as I've explained I think the pregnancy arc would've been better, more realistic, and would have better immersion in my opinion is all I'm saying. I do like how it went just fine and I want more chapters to see what happens in space with Goku and with Videl on earth and for the eventual return of Goku. I'm excited to see that I honestly cant wait and I hope you continue this story. Do consider my pregnancy arc though cuz I believe you'd make a frggin fantastic story out of it. You have earned a loyal follower :)
Joshua355 chapter 3 . 10/20/2017
To the person under me, get the fuck out you peice of shit!
Guest chapter 7 . 8/24/2017
Videl: My husband is working to pay for our family and simply doesn't like having sex? Time to complain!
Goku: My wife has lost interest after I unnecessarily abandoning her for 8 years and showed her almost no signs of love aside sexual attraction and having risked mine and her childrens' lives made her opinion of me become one of doubt and fury? Well butter on muffins, time to go to my sons' house!
Later...
Goku: Hey, it seems my son doesn't have sex with his wife anymore! Hmmmm...
Videl: Hey, it seems my father in law doesn't have sex with his wife anymore! Huh...
Goku: Hey Videl, even though you have a hard working, loving husband, a young vhild who is also my granddaughter, and the fact that I'm married and claim to love my life, I really want to fuck somebody!
Videl: Wowie, me too!
Videl and Goku are so unlikeable it's not even funny.
hiyahiyaoh'23 chapter 1 . 7/29/2017
Mahn I'd truly wish this was deleted
Guest chapter 11 . 3/12/2017
Absolutely fantasy story... Except the end :( it was not a satisfying end at all. There is so much wrong I'd be here for hours trying to make and ending fit better I just wish it didn't end like that 9.5/10
BudderLord03 chapter 11 . 3/11/2017
If you are ever planning to make a sequel to this story, please do. This story is my equal first favourite fanfiction and a sequel of it would be amazing and make me so happy. So if you ever plan on doing one, pretty please do it for those of us (most likely all of us) who want this story expanded