Reviews for Crosswords and Coffee
vinocibo chapter 3 . 10/31/2013
I like the sweetness of this story and am absolutely looking forward to more. Thanks.
WrongObsession chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
Ahh! This was fucking adorable. Excuse my language, but this was just too fucking cute! The way the story starts out, there is the domestically of Jane and Maura's living situation, they both considered themselves single, while neither one of them fully realized that they have both initiated a relationship. It isn't until breakfast and a crossword puzzle, that they both notice the subtle changes in their lifestyle. I absolutely love that the whole, 'I think I might like her' stage appeared over a newspaper and breakfast food. Classic.

BUT what I loved most about this piece was the end. First time everything is messy and uncoordinated and not romantic at all. You covered all of that, but you also covered that even if it wasn't THE best, it is still wonderful with that special person. That is something I think everyone can relate too. Movies make kissing and taking someone to bed look easy, but when you're in that situation people fumble with buttons and bite too hard and that is what I think brought this story to life. That reality can be cute too. Good job. Thanks for sharing!
wercomingup chapter 3 . 10/21/2012
Wow...I hope you have more stories written :)
wercomingup chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
Favorite line, "I don't care how hard it is for you to do it, lie and tell me I'm good in bed."

This is good.
wercomingup chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Loving this story!
Bergslaw chapter 3 . 8/12/2012
This was such a GOOD story- I loved it. Great details and I love how you really captured them in this. Thank you
DrawnToLife chapter 3 . 8/2/2012
Okay, saoulbete, you rocked this one. I enjoyed the sudden possessive post-coital Maura too.

Lots of great moments here, but I like the way first-time sex is more realistic, not picture perfect. And how Jane goes with her instincts...and how they just sort of fell into the situation.

I was waiting for Angela to walk in. Thank you for not going there.

Another great story. Now I'm off to read another one.
slashpony chapter 3 . 7/31/2012
OK, having read the last two chapters, wow. I still have mixed feelings about the premise, but man, there are so many gems in your writing. There's a lot going on. It's frenetic at times, with lots of ideas competing for attention.

"It was easy, open-shut. Robbery gone wrong, caught entirely on camera, the hardest part had been trying to work the archaic VCR that recorded it all." Nice. I like how you dispatch the procedural stuff swiftly but elegantly.

"Three bullet wounds, death by exsanguination of an otherwise unremarkable fifty year old man." Those two words "otherwise unremarkable", way to cut like a knife with your observation, Maura. I mean, that used to be a person.

"I can hang out on the couch in a tank top and boxers and not be judged for being all manly and shit." Swoon. This - I think - is what I mean by frenetic. Behind those words there's a whole history of repression and conflict, Jane's emotions and thoughts growing up that I'd love to see explored. For many reasons, but the most important one is that it would give me better insight into your Jane and why she has been so oblivious to the nature of her relationship with Maura.

God, the melancholy with which you suffuse the smut in the last chapter is heartbreaking. Yet then you have her starting to spell out her middle name which made me laugh, once I finally figured it out o_O.

And "possessive post-coital Maura" FTW.
slashpony chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
(I tried posting this at your LJ which failed, so here goes again)

You sure know how to write. But I have really mixed feelings about this fic.

I love the tone, the ease and fluidity of them in the kitchen and Jane filling out the crossword while musing about her current living arrangements. But then there's the kiss on Maura's cheek and the fact that they're still dating guys! And both still failing to grasp what's really going on. I mean, c'mon, really? Then again, that's sort of what's happening on the show, right? The pathological denial.

But I would expect at least Maura to know the score. And yet, we tend to place greater emphasis on sex nowadays. Romantic friendships used to be a thing which, seemingly, lacked a sexual component, so there's that. Like I said, mixed feelings.

Well, at least Ma Rizzoli appears to be under no illusions.

I love the bit where Maura ponders Jane's handwriting. And the little jibes you put in:

“I thought that good catholic upbrining would have taught you about the mortal sins, especially lust.”

“And 34 down would be G-spot.”

I'm very happy to see there's two more chapters. Thanks for sharing your work!
RedLinen19 chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
I may have been grinning throughout this chapter but you forcibly reminded me of my first time :D awesome
elfspirit7 chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
Hot and adorable scenes!
plumbago62 chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
The last line is classic.
plumbago62 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
They seem very domestic together. How sweet are they.
Karen chapter 3 . 7/15/2012
At last an author who actually knows what they're talking about and can string a sentence together!

Nice idea and well written with enough humour and pace to keep my interest, i hope you plan on continuing to write for this show?

If it wasn't for the work thing I'd read everything on here, but i'll get to it tomorrow.

Thanks for your fiction, brightened up a very dull Sunday night.

Nelfy chapter 3 . 7/15/2012
This was really sweet and sexy and hot and amazing all in one. Great job!

I noticed a tense change towards the bottom, but don't worry about it. It happens to me all the time too, sometimes it just doesn't feel right to stick to one tense, even though one should. It's hard, so don't give yourself a hard time about it!