Reviews for All These Things Stay With Me
Westel chapter 1 . 8/28
Very well thought out and executed. Man, it's hard to find good writers in HP fanfic anymore. Definitely following you! Keep it up! :-)
The Other World chapter 1 . 3/23
Gorgeous. Very very touching; I'm near tears myself. Thanks for writing this
x
Maryboberrie chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
That was beautiful, and made me bawl, but it was a good kind of bawling.
PseudonymousPersona chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
This is wonderful.
I really enjoyed it, it was so well written and satisfying
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Nice
aurora-inked chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Surprising how this brings across the old grief of losing James and Lily all over again ... I daresay you even did a better job of that than J. K. Rowling. It was beautiful. Thank you.
eponnia chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Excellent, heartbreakingly beautiful story. The emotions don't leap off the page, they seep into your bloodstream and weigh you down. That sounded kind of morbid, but fantastic work.
unchartedroads chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
You've done it again, Red. Hagrid's memory made me cry. I was just reading The Prisoner of Azkaban today where Hagrid spoke of that night and you kept exactly to the details. Your writing is so incredibly realistic! As far as I'm concerned, this scene really happened. Thank you!
WaitingForThatMoment chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
This made me cry. I'd planned on writing something intelligent and eloquent but oh God this story
exogenesissymph chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
The past burns too bright in his shattered eyes...
I loved that!
Your words were beautiful..
ameliasongs chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
I really love your writing style. I love how you wrote Ginny. You always manage to capture the characters perfectly. Lovely story, beautifully written.
Beckirs chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I've been waiting to review because I wanted to mull over this one a bit ... I'm a fan of yours, your writing always strikes a chord with me - so I didn't want to do a half baked, meh kind of review.

On the first reading, I was left wanting, I guess you could say. I wanted to know what spurred Harry on throughout the first scenes - why did he decide suddenly to go to Hagrid and ask for the memory when he'd had that opportunity for years before? I just couldn't feel it as much as I wanted to.

But then, the second (and third, and so on and so forth) reading ... it started to click into place when I focussed more on Ginny. I think I was expecting the 'drive', the reasons, to be served upon on a platter for me, no thinking required. But it's implicit - not vaguely so, but it's there and I was eejit for not seeing it straight away. Ginny was somewhat muted in this story (compared with canon) but she was brilliant and believable and exactly what she needed to be - I especially liked the observation that she wasn't for useless albeit hopeful comments. That's Hermione, not Ginny and I'm glad you were true to her character there. Ron was rather movieverse, I felt (background, letting Harry and Hermione do it all), until he stepped in and subdued Hermione and I should probably stop there before I gush about your Hermione too ... :)

Ok, so the point of this long winded review was to say I've come to really like this piece. It was a slow burner for me, but I got there eventually and now I'll drop a not so subtle hint about the possibility of you writing more about our childhood literary love ... :D
Amelie St. Croix chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
"...he cried for all the things he couldn't change and all the things that would never be, for all the things that would have to be let go and those he would cling to with his dying breath." That... that was beautiful. Thank you for that.
leannelliott chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Well I've strayed away from Harry Potter in the past year and haven't been thinking about it as much as I used to, but this reminded me of all the reasons I love it so much. Scratch that, this IS all the reasons I love it so much.

*adds to my own personal canon*

Phenomenal job as always.
diggzer chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Your Author's Note made me feel so sad. And this story was beautiful, is all I can say. Completely J. K. Rowling's style, I swear.