Reviews for Epic Are The Days
Ltlconf chapter 34 . 10/31/2012
Howdy!

Two chapters very well done and showing Faith's now hyper-active guilt complex to good effect. And better yet no wallowing in it, you've got Willow there to empathize and stress she's been there. It's good Faith understands the consequences of her actions, but she still needs perspective or she'll be unable to do her duty. People die in battle and NOTHING you do can change that. Period.
Hope Willow can get Faith to truly take that in. Always liked the idea of Faith being the pragmatic one who gets the job done when others hesitate, but that certainly needs a firm grasp of pragmatic reality yet still a strong ethical and moral center (to not go too far).
On the other hand, the journey to such a mindset and balancing said ethics and morality is dang good drama!

Good use of Wilkins, indeed one of the only adults to ever treat Faith well and care for her. Everyone else just let her sink. Wilkins thus would have a grip on her.
The First was a smart bastard! Ironically he always told the truth, such as how none of the Scoobs in canon would ever love Faith. Turns out in the canon comics, that was to be so and still is. He then mixed with a bit of exaggeration or half-truths such as with Willow: Indeed she's a danger to all around her, especially should she lose control...but that's true of anyone with power!
All in all, a nice play on his personality and Faith's feelings for him. The First, when he plays it smart, is damned dangerous. Your having it make this little play with the Seal was brilliant. With one battle, using only disposable forces no less the First has diverted attention from the Vineyard (and thus the Axe), rebuilt his uber-vamp forces, took out a major ally of the Good Guys. Now his little manifestations will have REAL bite!
The touch with the truly ancient demons, all shadowy and rotting, was excellent. Something I'm sure Joss and company woulda loved to do had they money. The 'Elephant Demon' is something I really want to see more of. Sounds like a seriously great fight!

I do hope Willow gets over her insecurities concerning her attractiveness and Faith. One thing Tara did for Willow was make Willow realize her attractiveness, to the point of wearing tight cloths, flashy makeup, occasional belly-baring tops, and being openly flirty! I missed that Willow...hope she shows up soon.

twin who likes to travel chapter 30 . 10/27/2012
I definitely likes this one, obviously. And I can't wait to see what happens when Faith comes downstairs for the training session with the Potentials. I'm curious to see how Faith is going to be around Willow now.
twin who likes to travel chapter 22 . 10/27/2012
I liked this chapter too. I like how Faith finally gave Buffy a piece of her mind. And wondering how long it's going to take before it's gets to the really good stuff between Willow and Faith. Sorry I didn't review before this chapter before, But I guess better late than never.
Icuras chapter 5 . 10/26/2012
"I'm with Dawnie," Anya put in happily, "Faith. Murderer. Makes for an uncomfortable stay in the last days of Sunnydale."

Um, Did Anya forget she killed like everyone ever in her demon days?

Anyway, like the story. Interesting Faith reintroduction.
Ltlconf chapter 32 . 10/25/2012
Yeah, not gonna end well. Though Dani wouldn't gotten the vision iffin wasn't needed. However, Buffy's burning out, as she did in the series just more slowly this time. I think it was smart to take Ken as she'd likely followed anyhow and added problems that way, but the other two are dead weight. Colleen especially is gonna be an issue.
If Faith's smart she'll quietly have Colleen left behind and take Rona. She's a bigger pain than Ken (alot of Buffy hate attributed to Ken in the series is actually Rona's: "Ding-dong, the witch is dead." for example. Ken griped, Rona BITCHED) but she's tough as nails. Minh was supposed to die a the vinyard so she's been lucky so far, but died trying to save a fellow potential, so no coward neither. Worth taking.
And I hope Faith and Willow both don't drag stuff out to long. Neither has the time nor the space. Plus they need to be able to work together to win this!

Ltlconf chapter 31 . 10/25/2012
Howdy!

I like how you've handled Faith's confusion over the kiss, reeeally like!
Most make Faith a socially stunted moron or simply completely unknowing what love is or some-such. Here you went with a plausible and rational reason for Faith's genuine confusion: For her (or anyone in such a situation) it came genuinely outa left field! She doesn't know Willow well-enough to understand or guess-timate her motivations. Nor did she feel close enough to Willow, as of yet anyhow, to anticipate Willow doing such a thing. Indeed what she DOES know of Willow (based on four years ago true, bit what else does Faith have to work with?!) says Willow wouldn't do such a thing! Thus, utter confusion. Then Willow runnin' off just adds to the whole "WTF?!" aspect of it all.
I also like how you explain that Faith is a passionate person, gets passion, but can't get why Willow of all people would behave like Faith would, or why. Faith get the passion, but has no clue what's motivating Willow to be passionate. Not a lack of understanding of love, not that Willow couldn't be attracted to her (like that aspect: hate over-self-flagellating-faith)...all that's easy.
It's the WHY that confuses.
After all, Faith reasons, they were just becoming friends. Why confuse things with this? Like it, complex yet simple. And best of all, it's plausible and reasonable.

Doccubus chapter 32 . 10/24/2012
Wow they so need to talk about that kiss and maybe kiss some more *wink wink* lol I love this story
Doccubus chapter 30 . 10/19/2012
Oh my God I've been waiting for that kiss for a very long time! Ahhh I love it
TillyHo chapter 30 . 10/19/2012
I think that Willow's last question was succinctly answered by your description of Faith reclining languidly in bed with the early sunlight bathing her in it's glow.
But is Willow slow or am I just a total slag? :p I would have ...ok, best left unsaid.

Just found this story and read it through in a sitting and now can't wait for next update, please hurry :) I simply MUST know how Faith reacts.
Ltlconf chapter 30 . 10/17/2012
Oh yeah, this is very much a typical Willow overreaction! After all, it's obvious Faith was into it as much as she was, but Willow is always one to listen to her fears in social interactions. I remember when poor shy Tara was all but throwing herself (for Tara) at Willow and she was STILL unsure of Tara's feelings, heh!
You've got the Willow Babble down perfectly by the way. Better and more creatively than most fanfic writers I may add.

Ltlconf chapter 29 . 10/17/2012
Damn. No wonder Faith hated her mom. Beyond the neglect, abuse, and...well other things, her mother's self abuse cost her a brother! Worse, due to the drugs in the house Faith was too frightened to call for the help that might of saved him, thus begins Faith ill-directed self hatred. No matter the logic, she's gonna feel she should've taken the risk and saved that life.
No matter how young, you remember that and the resentment and hate just builds, often without realizing. What a load to carry for someone with such a load on her shoulders already. Then taking care of her sister, now as a Slayer PLUS the sister! No add on all that psychological and emotional damage... What hell!
warm-up01 chapter 30 . 10/17/2012
aww man, i thought that this was finished before i started reading but now i get to look forward to more updates then right? i like dani & dawn getting along, seems like they would and now dawn has someone to look after. hmm...now what's faith going to do after willow's kiss? hope you update soon!
Ryoko05 chapter 30 . 10/17/2012
oh wow...I can't believe she did that hahahaha woot woot go Willow :)
Ryoko05 chapter 29 . 10/17/2012
omg...omg...I don't even know what to think.
FFaddict007 chapter 30 . 10/17/2012
UGh! Willow's too cute! XD Still loving that the updates come in pairs. Poor Faith, she just woke up, she must be so confused.
220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »