Reviews for Epic Are The Days
Doccubus chapter 6 . 7/25/2012
I'm loving this story and please don't hesitate on those details especially ones involving Faith and Willow hee
Ryoko05 chapter 6 . 7/25/2012
Love love love the added sister element and some Faith background :) Thanks for the update!
Kell1310 chapter 4 . 7/21/2012
really enjoying the differant take and interested about who Dani is. Lokking forward to more
Ltlconf chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
Howdy!

Again loved the crisp writing, the imparting of plot points with lean wording, and danged few misspellings (only one I caught was 'paroling' for 'patroling'). Compared to many that last is a feat in and of itself.
Fun to see Willow showing her brains and attention to detail as well as her concern for Faith and her wellbeing.
Oh, and nice touch having their supper make them miss the Potential being thrown out of the pick-up. Few catch that events happened on a timetable so if Faith and Willow don't drive straight on, they're gonna miss things.
Kudos!
Loved Faith's unease at the hospital being on more than one level. After nearly three years behind bars, Faith is not used to being in such a empty environment. Prisons are always crowded, noisy, and busy. Even at night there's always noise so the 'ghost tow' vibe would likely unsettle Faith intensely.
But then, in reality, for all her act, Faith HATES being alone.
In fact it was so good I forgot that most hospitals now lack a window into a surgical theater. But that itself was a damned good image when tied into the dialogue and it's deeper meanings.

And Willow babble is ALWAYS cute.

I like Faith's comment of "...let's just ignore that one." Heh, try it. Once a thought's loose its out for good!

One thing Joss has admitted he studiously ignored was that Buffy technically, by his own canon (sn1, sn5), was no longer THE Slayer and that the line ran through Faith. She has a right, beyond her safety, to be a tad peeved (from sn3 really) on that. It really should've occurred to Giles, if no one else, that due to this little factoid Faith wasn't safe!*

At least this time when Faith steps into the arctic tund...er, ah, Buffy's house she'll have Willow behind her. Looking forward to that experience!

Oh, and my Sis pointed out that while Faith wasn't in a coma in LA, she'd likely call it that thanks to her deeply ingrained sarcasm. So meh, one with it...just make sure the pointed end's down. ;-)

Oh, and don't forget Faith IS smarter than she acts or lets on (as one script writer asserts). She did (in Sn3) know what the Bronze Age was, and used 'rejuvenated' (in sn4) properly in a sentence. Also got alot of Giles' Britishisms to boot (and spoke better than the Scoobs at times!).
People forget that while Faith said she dropped out of High School she never says why (only implies, but then she also wanted to be 'cool'). Before Buffy all Slayers were home schooled and who's to say Faith wasn't? In the Sn8-9 comics Faith certainly has no issues reading the big books, keeping up mentally with Giles and Angel, and running Giles' estate! She lacks a FORMAL education, but that doesn't mean a lack of IQ!

Well, enough ranting and raving. I'll go back into my cave now.

The Cracker!

However I'll grant completely most have no clue what 'M.O.' stands for and likely neither would Faith (said lack of formal education). Though I think Faith would get the explanation, while feigning ignorance of course! After all, we know what happens to "smart kids" in a place like Southie, and that's largely all she's known.*
(*Though in reality, California women's prisons are statistically safer than most cities...who knew?)
(*Frankly, the Scoobs likely had more in common with Giles than Faith world view and life experiences-wise.)
Ltlconf chapter 3 . 7/18/2012
Howdy!

Loved the budding friendship here. And loved the oblique bit from Faith's dream making her realize that Willow may be important to her in a vital way.
And loved the words of wisdom. I find moving on means the guilt gets put on the back burner; always their, but no longer dominating your life. Just cause Angel loves to brood and can't find redemption (really, he can't. Curse works that way; he ALWAYS feels the guilt) don't mean Willow and Faith can't be forgiven, forgive themselves, or find redemption.
Hell, not even us Catholics (I'm recovering) are that harsh!
And I always hope in these fics the two get that.

Aside: Personally I don't get guilt over Finch (Darwin award winner if ever was one). Feeling bad yeah, but not guilt. The Prof? Yeah, big guilt.
Only reason Buffy hasn't outright killed a civie is two fold: First cause she's been lucky (and Finch was REALLY stupid), and second she's the hero so she's got script protection! Likely also why three trained black ops operatives trained to bring in Slayers couldn't touch her at point blank range!.
Heh!

Oh, and just cause Faith's unconscious for a few hours don't mean she was in a coma. I know it's kinda a trope now, but a coma is a particular thing (a certain level of brain activity). A drug-induced haze (where she's still moving no less) or being whacked unconscious by an explosion (one guy I know was out two days) doesn't a coma make.
Well, if Faith gets whacked in the head enough it may happen...a coma can make ya vulnerable to that.
Hmm, plot in that... (GM cackles madly)

Doccubus chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
Great! I love this story so far I like the depth you put into Faith I think she has more depth than friggin Buffy herself. By the end I was rooting for Faith lol
Charley chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
I am enjoying this story so much and I can't wait to see how you continue it. There is 't many Willow/Faith stories that have much depth. Update soon :)
Guest chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
really interesting start! please write more!
SisterSafetyPin chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
I'm really interested to see where this goes from here, I can't wait for the next update
Guest chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
Howdy!

Crazy Slayer dream a cryptic as hell? Check!
New character from Faith's untold past? Check!
Willow NOT being a hypocrite and finally being the one to give Faith what she always needed, genuine acceptance? CHECK!
Faith getting the nod as the carrier of the Slayer line (and all that implies)? Check!

By all means carry on.

The writing is clean and crisp, characterization solid (no Faith fanon tropes so far, same with Willow), and a mystery to be solved already. Like it much.
Interested to see how long it takes the Sunnydale crowd to realize they had a hand on the tiller as well when it came to putting Faith on the rocks (and Willow, and Amy, and Jonathan...yeah it was largely the crappy continuity, but we're stuck with it)?
Not likely I'm sure, but Buffy oughta consider this: All Faith had to do was say Buffy through Finch under her stake and was the one that put her into the coma (and stabbed her) and Buffy woulda been doing 25-to-life right along side her! But Faith took ALL the blame...
Lots of blame to go around...no excuse, and Faith seems to accept that, but she has valid reasons for her decisions too. At least Willow is now getting that...how easy it is to fall when you're all alone.

Doccubus chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
Hey I really really like this please update soon it's rare to find good in depth willow/faith stories :)
221 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15