Reviews for When the Purple Settles
kokoronagomu chapter 2 . 10/10/2012
while searching through the dusty ffn archives i cam across this little gem...

i agree with you... i've always believed that kenshin, battousai and rurouni are still kenshin so the eye color change is like when my blue eyes change from gray, to blue to teal/turquoise... like a mood ring. i usually equate his 'battousai' gold as a kind of a passion. during bakumatsu he would have to psyche himself with his passion to change the system, to end oppression and tyranny. other passionate or fully felt emotion would have similar effect.

although i can't see kenshin bedding her without at least registering their marriage (moving in with her could constitute a 'common law' marriage) but i'm not going to split hairs, it was early in meiji and old ways would still be somewhat acceptable.

just in case you hadn't heard about the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie that's been released in japan and they're planning on releasing it in over sixty countries! or the new manga rewrite it's called 'kinema ban' or the animated rewrite of the kyoto arc called 'shin kyoto hen' (all different stories, kenshin is depicted as less silly and a bit more serious).

if you plug in the following code in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers for the live action movie:

yaLOPVAuJs4

enjoy! -there are english subs on youtube for the trailers if you look for them it's just that that was the only one with all seven character portrayals in one video.

a pleasure,
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
persephonesfolly chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Can't really see Kenshin bedding Kaoru without marrying her first. After all, he wed Tomoe before going off to Otsu with her even thought Katsura told him they only had to pretend to be married. If he had that much consideration for Tomoe's honor and reputation it seems he'd have even more for Kaoru's.

If nothing else, your story showcases the drawbacks of sex without a firm marriage commitment. The line "To her everything seemed like an abstract piece of artwork. Beautiful but unintelligible" brings out the uncertainties of such a relationship. Kaoru's belief that physical intimacy will fix things underscores her youth and naivity. Hiding her feelings from Kenshin is more typical of the fragility of a dating relationship fraught with miscommunication than of a settled committed one. It took Kenshin to force the issue and resolve it, which he did in his usual caring style.
Seravia chapter 2 . 1/17/2008
Great fic. I can imagine Kenshin telling Tomoe he was happy with Kaoru now. He would want her to know. The title of your story does make sense and it's really symbolic. I was so touched by your fic.
poems2songs chapter 2 . 10/12/2007
wonderful story... really enjoyed reading it... good job... great work...
kenkao7rocks5forever chapter 2 . 10/6/2007
omg. you had me in tears. well, my tears won't flow and just blurred my vision. (i'm trying so hard to stop it from flowing. my mom would think i'm crazy. ')

i really like the atmosphere that surrounded the story (and me!).. the sweetness, bitter pain, love and misunderstanding was clearly shown. well... LOVE conquers all misunderstandings in the end.

all's well, ends well.
xim-chan chapter 2 . 7/29/2007
Ohh my god... I was moved to tears! Your story was soo good...
Jupiter's Light chapter 2 . 1/14/2005
great story! :-)
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 1/9/2005
This is one of my all-time favorite K&K WAFF stories.
Battousai of the Night chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
I love your short story! I read it 56 times! I am a hopeless romantic..Well keep up the Great writing!
Battousai of the Night chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
Mystic-fox chapter 2 . 1/16/2004
*BAWLS*
lightning-storm chapter 2 . 1/16/2004
You kow i saw this story a long time ago, but I could never review. Now I can though. And I have to say that this is a sweet story.
juunichi chapter 2 . 7/6/2003
this story was absolutely beautiful and well written! I was like crying cuz, well ya you know why lol. especially when Kaoru said “…it hurts. No matter how I try to fight it, it really hurts.”

lol well i hope you write more k/k stories! this one is REALLY AWESOME!
Shadowfax chapter 2 . 5/9/2003
Aw! I feel all warm and fuzzy! I just wanna hug someone... ] Nice title; gotta love double meanings. That was a great story- sweet, but they had to work for it. My favorite! ]
theend00000000 chapter 2 . 2/13/2003
WAI WAI! Great story. Angsty was good. and i loved how you did the salvation ending. VERY nicely done! WHEE!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »