Reviews for Out of the Darkness
Wow! I can't even count how many times I've reread this story on two hands, it's just that good. I'm really surprised that this masterpiece doesn't have more reviews. There's worse stories with more! You deserve a lot more recognition. I really enjoyed this story and will surely read it again soon. It's just one of those fanfictions that never leave you.
Indecisive Bob chapter 6 . 1/20
This was an excellent story! I found it funny how Danzo inadvertently made Sakura into a much scarier person than she actually was. When she got the "Flee on Sight" order in the Bingo Books? Priceless, especially since she wasn't even ANBU level at that time. Thank you for writing and sharing this story!
Indecisive Bob chapter 1 . 1/19
Interesting story so far. Though, I have to ask: Do you have some sort of aversion to killing characters off? The Uchiha Massacre just flat out didn't occur, which in itself is absurdly AU, especially as there seems to be no explanation for it as well. In addition, you kept Hayate alive. Why? No reason given. Don't get me wrong, it's not really bad, per se, that you've made these changes, but it's a little bit odd simply because of the lack of explanation given. Then again, just calling the story AU technically covers any changes... Meh.
Kane...money uchia...what a creat7ve name...
Guest chapter 6 . 11/22/2014
I do believe I read this before, still as amazing, took me on the best journey.
Thank you so much.
Number three, you already have your characters set up for the most part.
Fullmetal11791 chapter 6 . 8/13/2014
Hey, so first off I want to say that I really enjoyed reading this. Thought that the progression of chapters one through four were very good, and that while it somewhat mirrored cannon, you had some very nice original ideas. The character development was good, and the character interaction was enjoyable. All this being said, there were some problems that I noticed.

The first thing, and probably the smallest thing, is that I think you should have gone back and re-read your chapters to pick up spelling errors, dropped letters, and other small grammatical errors. Not a huge issue, but it was definitely something I noticed throughout the story.

The rest of the issue's I have are with plot.

1. You never explained why the Uchiha were still alive, and this was a big issue for me throughout the story because it directly relates to Sasuke's attitude. Without his family being wiped out and being mentally assaulted by his brother, Sasuke had no reason to be so uptight and arrogant throughout the story. From all the information we are given, he was a very happy and friendly child before his clan was killed off.

2. While I thought chapters 1-4 were very well paced, starting from Pein destroying the Leaf Village, the whole pacing of the story felt really off. In chapters 1-4, you told the story as if the reader was unfamiliar with the Naruto verse for the most part. It flowed like a real story and was well written. As soon as you get to the war, it all fell apart. You started writing as if people knew what was going on (and while most probably do, it just doesn't read well at all when you write like that). On top of that, it felt as if you were writing bullet points or facts, instead of having the characters tell the story though actions and dialogues. Even the fight with the Hokage's in the desert felt anti-climactic. It felt as if you were trying to cram too much into one event too quickly.

3. Jaraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade were given the title of "Sannin" by Hanzo the Salamander (his title, because his summon was a big Salamander). He was known as one of the most powerful ninja around. They fought him and he was so impressed that he gave them the title "Sannin". As in "San-nin" or "three ninja". It's a title, just for them. "Ninja" who use natural energy in the show are using a technique called "Senjutsu". As such, the title for them is a combination of "Senjutsu" and "Ninja", "Sen-nin". Throughout the entire story, you referred to the title "Sannin" as if it meant sage. Just wanted to point out that "Sannin" is a title for the three students of the Third Hokage, not obtainable by anyone else, and that "Sennin" basically means Sage Ninja. Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.
LastPandaHero chapter 6 . 7/24/2014
This was simply wonderful!
xOphiuchusx chapter 6 . 7/19/2014
This is the best fic I ever read. This is fucking awesome.
Lossie chapter 6 . 7/9/2014
I really enjoyed this story. Through I think you've made Sakura a little too perfect and she is a Mary Sue alright here, but I still think it's one of the best Naruto fics ever written. My favourite part (not counting ItaSaku, because it was obviously awesome) was the relationship between Sakura and the Nara family, especially her bond with Shikamaru - bloody perfect and too beautiful for words!
For the next Naruto story, I would have to go with option 3. I absolutely love time travel! I'm hoping you will include Sakura and maybe Sasuke? I mean, the original team 7, after the recent events in the manga, seems so perfect for the job. And the older Sasu-cakes might be actually able to knock some sense into his younger self with a bit of luck and wishful thinking. I'm afraid I can't help you with a title since I'm bullshit at it myself, sorry.
I hope you'll write something soon! Good luck! :)
darkangel201483 chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
wait... so itachi isn't a traitor and... sasuke's clan isn't... dead? you know, you could have told the readers sooner! still love this though!
BlackxxCherry chapter 6 . 6/19/2014
4th time reading this, still crying. -sob-
xXRosexScorpiusXx chapter 6 . 6/18/2014
What an amazing story! I favorited it for the sake of showing my love for it. Usually I only do so in order to keep track of new updates. But this was bloody brilliant!
I wish the real Naruto plotline would have developed like that. Giving kunoichi more recognition.
Thanks for writing this masterpiece. :-)

Greetings
Rose
JadeFox chapter 6 . 6/13/2014
Loved this fic! It's so refreshing to see a Sakura fic where she is shown as strong and independent without sacrificing the story! Very impressed and happy to have read this one.
Hinata'sMuse chapter 6 . 6/12/2014
Simply wonderful, there is no other words to describe the story.
elorielee chapter 6 . 5/27/2014