Reviews for Out of the Darkness
Breana.G.Rodriguez chapter 6 . 7/22
Your story is an amazing one, it is one of the best Naruto stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading. You are a fantastic writer, this story is just so amazing and you are so talented and creative. Don't ever stop writing you are to good to stop.
Mi-chan chapter 6 . 7/12
I find it funny that author-chan never mentions sasuke at all XD
stephanietaylor20041 chapter 1 . 7/2
Exquisite.
Those line breaks are such spoilers.
xxmidnight'slovexx chapter 6 . 6/23
this was a great story
ReedHardWriter chapter 6 . 4/28
this story has so many ups and downs that I couldn't stand to step away. I was so drawn in that every time there was an emotional moment I think I actually felt it. you are a brilliant writer, thank you for posting this. I really enjoyed it.
Just tried / - I got free IMVU credits here! Get yous too in less than two minutes! It rocks!(7wnD0YJcPV)
Definitely an amazing story! I've read this multiple times and I absolutely love it!
FaultyImage chapter 6 . 3/13
Fuck I cried so hard at the ending. Absolutely loved this story!
ponypainter chapter 6 . 2/22
Very well done story, thank you so much for it.
TrustMeImaNurse chapter 6 . 2/12
This story was spectacular! Thank you! Now I'm off to read the rest of your works! I can't wait!
Kakashi-is-my-daddy chapter 6 . 2/5
I-I-I didn't need the part of there deaths.. you made me s-so-so-so sadddddd! *Cries for a thousand years*
Rizuki Dhan chapter 6 . 2/4
The story, especially the ending, was so beautifully written. Good job:')
Moose Voose chapter 2 . 1/21
I've enjoyed the development of this story very much, but for certain reasons I'm not sure I can go much further. In fact, I only made it three quarters of the way through this chapter.

Sakura...is perfect. She is not perfectly kind and perfectly cheerful and immune to pain. On the contrary, she is perfectly fallible. She is kind and intelligent and thoughtful but also sensitive, able to express anger, and she even gets into a very relatable (or at least understandable) slump after her parents die. She's perfectly dedicated to her training minus that one slump. Even better, she is a believer in women's rights and decides that Sasuke just isn't worth her time. She knows how to brag and sell her skills as a ninja, and a few seconds later will blush becomingly when someone complements her.

My only problem with this is that it is also so...contrived. Sakura has people that she bumps heads with, but it appears to be all their own fault and not Sakura's (after all, she's just working hard). Sasuke is depicted as a shallow jerk. Ino was jealous and cruel. Even Neji was being an inconsiderate, judgemental jerk when he was mad at Sakura before he found out about her parents.

It's good for Sakura to have opposition. But there's no such thing as a perfect victim, someone who does no wrong. I'm glad that Sakura felt the need to apologize to Neji, but in reality, that apology really just made her more perfect instead of making up for an actual flaw, right?

Sakura should have people that she doesn't get along with, not because they are flawed, but because SHE is. Someone that just pisses her off that she butts heads with regularly, with Sakura being every bit as petty (and not in a self righteous way) back. Painful relationships that Sakura doesn't know how to mend or fix or approach. Friends who don't worship Sakura and recognize flaws, see them as legitimate minuses to being her friend, but love her despite it.

Another aspect of Sakura is that while she works very, very hard to achieve her growth, that growth is unprecedented. It's fun to watch a character work and struggle to achieve, but Sakura seems to have transformed into a superhero. I'm all for prodigies, and kudos to her for being one. It could still be an interesting read. But her growth is just too accelerated. Why does she have to be better than Tsunade at all, actually? She works hard, but seeing as how unrealistic the level of growth rate is (as I'm sure you acknowledge), in the end it looks like her success is being handed to her on a silver platter.

And the final issue that I've had with this story that I already touched on a bit earlier: everyone loves Sakura. Anyone who doesn't is discredited as the worst kind of shallow jerk. Everyone accepts her into their lives, admires her for her strength and composure and intelligence and brilliance, and I'm sure would bow to her righteous judgements (or completely fall apart in the case of a shallow, useless character like Sasuke or Ino). I thought it was interesting to have Sakura move in with the Naras, but it's still a symptom of the sickness that is infecting Sakura's character.

And I will be fair. I'm not going to read anymore, and it may be that we see more development from Sakura. But I'm just not convinced that I'll see the growth I want to if that makes sense. I apologize if this judgement was premature or unwarranted in your eyes. For what it's worth, I greatly admire your incredible dedication and creativity evidenced by making a story of this scope, and I definitely hope you keep pursuing writing your whole life long.
That was FUCKING AMAZING! I almost started crying. You are an amazing writer, please never let go of this talent!