Reviews for Roundabout Destiny
Myst867 chapter 30 . 8/30/2023
Ah this whole story was AMAZING! I loved everything from the way you inserted aristocratic mannerisms into the purebloods to James's nickname "my own" for Hermione. The Seers visions were so well done and made complete sense to me, I also loved how you explained her seeing multiple visions and their probabilities. Pairing Harry/Luna put me over the moon lol, I love them together and rarely see it.

Thank you so much for writing this fic, I'm going to come back and reread it over and over again (since I couldn't stop this first time and stayed up until 4am to finish so my brain got fuzzy on the Voldemort defeat!
canissicion chapter 30 . 8/15/2023
never really read the last chapter properly but fuck did that kill me
... im crying with love and happiness
sriuspotter chapter 28 . 8/13/2023
Acabei de reler essa história, provavelmente a minha favorita de viajante no tempo Hermione!
monay9e chapter 30 . 8/4/2023
This was truly a beautiful written masterpiece.
hdfhg chapter 1 . 7/22/2023
My Own? Fkin cringe not even going to the next chatper
Enginedogs chapter 30 . 7/11/2023
Excellent story. I love all the little elements you twisted together and how you had Hermione do all the positive things after the war too.
juliecranford chapter 13 . 7/9/2023
so did james beat the crap out of sirius? or am i misunderstanding. why on earth did hermione just let that happen? if i were in her place, i would have told james forever ago to butt the florp out of my life, and at the point where's he's beating people up, i'd be reporting him and never speaking to him again.
doreapotter85 chapter 1 . 7/8/2023
It has been over a decade, and I just wanted to say thank you, again. This is my go to comfort fic and the best "fix-it" story i have yet to read. I hope you're doing well!
uniqu3s0u7 chapter 30 . 7/5/2023
Omg! This was such an amazing story! I really enjoyed the happy ever after version but the one shot with repudiation was just heart wrenching. I made the mistake of reading the last chapter at work and I’m crying. This is really one of the best stories I’ve read.
Lolkar chapter 5 . 6/27/2023
Ok Im out
Lolkar chapter 4 . 6/27/2023
Since when was the old Hermione in love with Sirius? And Malfoy? Really? This Hermione really have low standards. She rather fraternizes with the enemy than to trying to stop the war.
Lolkar chapter 1 . 6/27/2023
Nice :)
Stormzy chapter 1 . 6/26/2023
Good luck with the rest of the work but the cringe and over dramatics is definitely not for me.
Revliledpembroke chapter 28 . 6/24/2023
The end wasn't what confused me - what confused me was everyone apparently having these love bonds happen all the time, despite them being incredibly rare.

Worse, them happening with pre-pubescent children. Makes me wonder if you're on a list somewhere. Bonds should only happen at two time periods: when both participants are in their late teenage years or when they're both adults. 33 and 20 is fine. 18 and 5 is criminal and inexcusable. That's such a ridiculous and stupid thing that Remus's werewolf apparently sniffs out his "mate." You really should have just left that alone and let them find each other as adults. If you absolutely *had* too, you could have had Remus sniff out his mate after years of failed dates and not feeling worthy, only to meet her at Sirius's birthday party (or whatever) after she had turned 20. That would've been perfectly acceptable.

And what happens if someone decides that magic is not a sentient force and can't push people together, don't be ridiculous! Or if it's someone who doesn't like being pushed into anything? Like, a version of your Sirius here who breaks up with Hermione because "I was pushed into doing things I didn't want by parents, I can't handle being pushed into this relationship too."

Worst of all, it really denies them a fundamental aspect of growing up - playing the field and dating other people. Maybe Harry dates Ginny and Lavender and Pavarti and Hannah Abbot and Susan Bones before he goes back and realizes his true soul mate is... Luna.
That's also just more interesting to read about than "I touched a girl once at age 5 and now we're soulmates." Anything worth getting is done through effort.

Also... Harry and Luna? Harry like Luna, but there's really no way they're a good match regardless of the universe.
After all, she doesn't play Quidditch! Harry's canon taste in women is exclusively Quidditch players. Some of that might change in the new reality, but him sharing an interest with the person he's dating is vital.
What interests does Harry share with Luna? She's in Ravenclaw, he's in Slytherdor.
She's good at magical theory and imaginary creatures. Harry's more of the "here and now" kinda guy, focusing more on the practical and being totally befuddled by everything Luna says.

Also, why on Earth did 14 year old Harry's eyes go all flinty at the remark that a 12 year old Ron made fun of 11 year old Luna. "Oooooooooooh! Someone - years ago- made fun of someone I care about! Now I am ready for JUSTICE!"
What is that? Other than a ridiculous overreaction? 12 year old boys make fun of girls. It happens. Like, all that was needed was to prank Ron once to get him back. Harry's reaction was more akin to being told Ron tried to rape Luna, not "he made fun of Luna once in the past."

FFS, why wasn't Harry's reaction more like "Harry grinned. 'Did you get him good for me?' 'Oh we did, we hit him with a spell that made him stink real bad if he said anything thoughtless. No one went near him for a week!'" Or "Oh, yeah, sorry about him. He's a good dude, really, but he sometimes speaks things he should only think. Ginny was good friends with Luna as she was one of the only girls in the area where they grew up, so we can just ask her to keep him in line. Also, my Aunt totally had a vision where Ron talked about how much he liked Luna in what would be our sixth year after she wore this ridiculous lion hat and commented on a Quidditch game."

Oh, and why on Earth did the games the kid played with Hermione's daughter apparently follow them into young adulthood? It's weird. It should have been an occasional game they played, but how many teens are running around playing "Cowboys and Indians" or pretending to be astronauts and princesses. That's the level of play we should be talking about here. It might've been their favorite game of their childhood, but they would have left childish things behind in childhood.

Do you just think it's cute for them to be little bodyguards when there's no threat involved for any of them? Hermione's bodyguards made sense, her daughter's less so.
Revliledpembroke chapter 23 . 6/23/2023
"It became popular in the nineteenth century and implies that the bride is a virgin."

"How fascinating," Dorea Potter said softly, with a slight smile. She waved her wand in a complex display, which made a delicate silvery nimbus around both girls' heads. Her smile became slightly wider and her look was positively smug. "Unfortunately, our girls have no such luck..."

So, you later go on to say that they ARE virgins and "Virgo intacto," but a strict reading of this section suggests they *aren't* virgins. "The color of the dress suggests the bride is a virgin." *Does magic* "Our girls have no such luck as they aren't virgins"
They don't have the luck to be a virgin is what that says.

Also, it's real creepy the 18 or 19 year old Remus found the 5 year old and knows she's his "mate." That could lead to grooming on a terrible level. That's a really uncomfortable and icky situation that I do not like at all. Let the attachment happen when they are already adults. A dude in his mid-to-late 30s and a woman in her early-to-mid 20s is unusual but not creepy. 18 and 5 100% is
3,218 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »