Reviews for A Nice Dinner
Guest chapter 8 . 8/19/2013
I loved this story from the start to the end it was just amazing
Ladytrad chapter 8 . 5/25/2013
This was an amazing story. I'll surely read anything else related to CSINY that you'll write in the future. :)
littlesweetcupcake chapter 8 . 2/14/2013
Loved it!
McGonagall's Bola chapter 8 . 1/8/2013
I somehow love Jo's messiness. lol Okay, I totally love Jo - I confess!

It must have been a great step for Mac to show their love so publicly on a subway. Most couples beyond a certain age don't even dare hold hands anymore. Then again, that can very well be because they aren't very in love anymore either. Eh. Nice work with the flashback anyhow! I like how you've weaven present and flashback together so very smoothly.

I like how she got him to do it in the open air in the end anyway. lol

I so loved the contents of the box... and Flack's reaction of course.

WELL DONE!
McGonagall's Bola chapter 7 . 1/8/2013
I am undoubtedly a bad, bad person for having a good laugh at Mac's insecurities about what to take with and what not... I'm glad that he finally made up his mind! lol

I don't believe I've had the 'luck' of seeing Jo very angry on show... or is there one ep I've missed? Hm.

"Well, they shouldn't be if you learned anything from them." - that was incredibly insightful and a true thing Jo would say, I believe! They're hard to think off when writing.

I usually type my reviews as I write. Now I'm at the part where Mac's attention is caught by something else. I reckon it might be massage oil. Perhaps I slightly hope it is. :p ... Well, shit, chocolate ice cream then. Perhaps she's got some at her apartment very accidentally? *is a little bit hopeful* Hey, she deserves some tenderness after Mac's selfish comments earlier that same day...

I could totally picture them running through the rain and him shielding her... then the both of them laughing. I sat with a smile on my face the whole time as they were 'fixing things' in that doorway and especially when they raced each other back and he cheated. It was an adorable moment you mosly only see in the movies, but it was believable! I could see it happen so easily! Great moment.

I love how Jo seems to draw the best of him to the surface anytime.

The hard and fast and spur of the moment, eh... appealed to the reader as well, I must say.
McGonagall's Bola chapter 6 . 1/8/2013
I quite like how you have Jo trying to be rational for the sake of her job even though emotionally, she's in such great turmoil it is almost felt by the reader.

The case here was thoughtfully described, seemed to the point.

I laughed aloud at Mac's question whether Don was asking him on a date and Don's answer. He was described accurately, too - his humor, his dorkiness. Same goes for Adam. Somehow this reminds me of the time where he was talking naughty to his girlfriend while Jo and Mac were standing behind him.

I haven't seen all the eps featuring Jo, but somehow I can't imagine her saying '4get' instead of the full word. Overall, though, NICE! Can't wait to read the newt chapter and read about their talk.
McGonagall's Bola chapter 5 . 1/8/2013
"She always seemed to be pulling some random item haphazardly from it's depths and he assumed the state of it's interior rivaled that of her desk." - Ha! Every tough woman has a bottomless bag. ;)

I like the fact that you didn't make a whore so to speak of her, who could do just about anything sexually - that you had her have her limits even though she was indeed the one who first mentioned that action. It again helped to make the whole story and specifically Jo Danville as a character believable.

It's unbelievable how smoothly you go from him having useful items he finds in the guest room to a more emotional approach in just one line. Remarkable!

I like the reference to her liking jewellry. It is sort of her trademark, the thumb rings and the many bracelets and necklaces without coming across as girly or Barbie-ish despite the fact that they accentuate her femininity.

Argh. I've no words for how much I love the banter between them! :D
McGonagall's Bola chapter 4 . 1/8/2013
"Yeah, and it's been such a tough decision given the continual parade of eligible women that enter my bedroom at all hours of the day" - that really got me laughing aloud over here! I also loved her little slip into her usual slang. It seemed very Jo to me - also that she'd realize it just a little too late and try to diminish the damage a bit.

I found her tiny moment of self doubt very believable. It is only natural in that context, when you are naked with someone in a bedroom, when you're literally and figuratively lying yourself bear to another person. Truth told, I liked that bit a lot, because a lot of writers experience difficulty trying to make a tough woman like Jo human with her doubts and insecurities without getting her completely OOC in every way possible... and you seemed to do it effortlessly.

The same with the dirty talk really. Him explaining what he wanted to do to her was so hot. I could never write something like that.

"Just a taste. I promise I'll be right back" - priceless again.

I really, really loved this chapter. The banter between them, the perfectly human insecurities and doubts, the tension, the emotion... Perfect. I rarely call stories perfect since writing is an art which essentially can't be perfected, but I make an exception today. It's something I will never be able to do, which undoubtedly I regret and saddens me at times. I am very limited in my "skill". Some people think writing sex is easy - well, to get it as emotional, hot and believe as this is not at all.

I'm in complete and utter awe and take my hat off for you. I know what I'll be reading when I'm done studying for the day again - your stories.
McGonagall's Bola chapter 3 . 1/8/2013
I totally dig the chapter names you use. :3 I love how you've made comparisons between her professionally and personally. As a criminalist-in-training myself, I hear them quite often, too. It is almost natural when you are trained that way for it to slip into your personal life.

"mixture of quirkiness, compassion and brazen sexuality." - I was in awe at that line because that's on the dot who Jo Danville is to me.

I like how you've portrayed Mac's thoughts in this, about him wondering whether it is the right time, what could possibly happen and if it would be the right decision. It seems very, very in-character.

I was a little confused who spoke when a couple of times, but overall... awesome chapter. I could feel the sexual tension between them over here - it did fuzzy things to my brain, and I liked it very much. I love it especially when writers include some humor in the sex (for instance: "This is all your work, mister."). It makes it more believable and nicer in all good ways. The thing with her hair stuck to his tongue was priceless. It's a way to make a story original, too, if you've got the talent to think of it - which you did.

Now I just hope they can find one... lol
McGonagall's Bola chapter 2 . 1/8/2013
I love how they forget Jo needing to get home when he suggests driving to his place and then walk from there.

I firmly believe anyone loves Jo's smile. She's incredibly beautiful, and when she smiles it just seems to increase her attraction to the highest degree - for me, at least. Eh. *blushes*

- He noticed her blush as she turned her head – she wasn't usually shy. A sudden pulse of playfulness coursed through him. "Well, you'd have to get me drunk and I'd have to get you up to my apartment before I would see you fresh out of bed . . ." Damn, that didn't sound right at all. He hesitated a moment. "Sorry, I didn't mean that would only happen if I were drunk, or . . ." He sighed. Maybe he better just stop before he made it any worse. - THIS WAS SO AWESOME!

I like having to wait for more - while frustrating at this very point, I know it will make the final leap even more enjoyable. Well done!
McGonagall's Bola chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I've noticed her always coming to wish him good night, too. I love how she pronounces it: "Good night, Mac" with her sexy southern accent. Same goes for the flirty comments. lol I love how you have managed to stretch their banter right into this story.

This was written brilliantly. Your writing flows so very well, like I floated on the waves of the ocean while I read this. Perfectly in-character, too. I love how you've sort of 'zoomed in' on everything - how you have referred to both Jo's love for junk food and her post-its in one chapter already. I could entirely succumb into this, definitely aided by some exceptionally good and thoughtful comments, like these -

"I'm happy to buy you a burger and a beer. You know, to make up for my earlier shortcomings in the lunch department." - I could never come with something witty like that!
MissCuddles chapter 8 . 12/23/2012
First of all congratulations for writing and finishing this marvelous story. I literally inhaled it in one reading, couldn't stop to review at each chapter, that's how gripping and realistic this piece is. I have absolutely no idea how old you are but your writing style is very mature and in-character which is, unfortunately, a very rare find among Mac/Jo fics here. So thank you again for this wonderful piece of fiction and I hope to see more from you in the future. Will be looking out for new stories and adventures.

Nikki
meherm chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
hey any chance of writing more mac/jo stories!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/28/2012
This was absolutely fab, got any more on the burner, would love to read them. Thank you.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/12/2012
I've just found this story and went through all chapters at once. All I can say is: IT'S BRILLIANT! I think it's the best Mac/Jo story I've ever read! And I love you're writing style. I would love to read something more from you, why won't you write another Mac/Jo story?