Reviews for Night, When the Veil is Thin
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
This was really funny - poor Scarecrow! I was taking bets with myself at the end if the building was Arkham, a police station, or a hospital. Well, I guess it couldn't be Arkham as it wasn't Gotham. Anyway, great story.
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
This is one of the best Batman fics I've ever read, not only for the fantastic writing and characterization but also for the lovely comic references. They were weaved into the story in a way that was well-written, extremely funny, and not forced in the least. I love the idea of Crane getting involved in Halloween, and here he doesn't seem to have had an especially good time! I was especially pleased to see characters like Etrigan and the Monk, who fit the theme of the story very nicely. They gave poor Squishy a run for his money, too. No wonder he wanted to go back to Arkham after everything he went through here.

I can guess from description that Washington DC's vigilante is Anarky. Crane's description of him made me laugh - that was a highlight of the piece, especially when he compared Anarky to Batman (especially since, in Knightfall, I believe, Crane did have a run-in with Anarky). Wintersgate Manor wasn't much of an improvement for Crane - from the sound of it, he met his match with Merlin, Etrigan, Monk, and the Baron. That was a very funny scene, and I always love seeing little-known characters. Seeing Gentleman Ghost, even as a costume, was another treat - the Monk another, since I'm a sucker for obscure comic book villains.

And Crane himself was absolutely brilliant. Exasperated, prickly, the perfect interpretation of his character. I felt a little sorry for him when he was punched in the face by that teenager. No doubt he badly wished he had his fear toxin at that point. The ending was absolutely hilarious, especially when Crane hauled himself in, identified himself, and begged to be arrested, and got a face full of mace in reply.

I especially like this bit of dark, dry wit on Crane's part:

"A man murders a few hundred people and suddenly the whole world is out to get him."

This story was absolutely brilliant. Excellent writing, great comic references, and I love your Crane. Thank you for this wonderful piece.
Fell4 chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Wow. Just... wow. Crazy Johnathan wumping was hilarious-I'm glad Anarky didn't catch him before he turned himself in!
Sylvia1 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Oh my gosh this made me laugh! So very funny! Some days it just doesn't pay to be a super-villain I imagine. ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This is hilarious! Poor Johnny!
-Zeny