Reviews for The Spoils of War
Radon65 chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
I too wish that something like this could have happened in season six - it might have prevented so much trouble... This was sweet. I liked how Cas kept asking Dean what he wanted, assuming Dean needed him for something, but Dean managed to convince him to take a break for ten minutes. It was also nice to see Dean reiterating that Castiel should let him know if he could help, and Castiel feeling supported and grateful for it. I do find it a bit difficult to believe that Dean would give Cas a neck massage, but sometimes fan fic is for stuff that would probably never happen but would sure be nice to see! It was just good to see Cas get some comfort and feel like he could go back and cope better with the mess of his life, because Dean cared and supported him.
zxully chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
You're right, there should be a scene like this... I don't particularly enjoy season six because of Dean and Castiel's strained relationship and I think the could've fixed it with a scene like this one.

Great job!
SC chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Aww, that was nice. The show needs more of these moments, especially these past couple seasons! The poor guys are in near constant emotional pain. _
Amanda Howlett chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Amazing one-shot! Everyone was perfectly in character and just wonderfully written. The emotions were so raw and tender and beautiful. Honestly, great job! :)
Sarah chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Aw-w-w-w-ww. I LOVED this. TOo adorable. And so human.
AgentInvaderMinionofDoom chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Awww that was such a cute story. Oh I wish this HAD happened, it would have saved them both so much pain...
The Mysterious Shadow chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This was great! Thanks for sharing!
Casismyfavorite chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Very beautiful. I loved it! I do wish they had a moment like this- it would have meant so much.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Lovely! You write so well! One of my favourite lines was 'Castiel's expression downgrades from thunderous to mildly irritated.' And the details about the freckles and the eyelashes were just gorgeous.