Reviews for Reinforcements
Morbious20 chapter 21 . 1/19
Awesome story and chapter , I'm looking forward to reading more.
s.hafford chapter 21 . 1/18
hai i love this story i hope yo decide to continue it also ive noticed youve changed the entire story of ff 13 very few people do that and im impressed with what youve come up with i hope to see more in the future.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 21 . 11/9/2016
What a fabulous crossover. :) I will admit, I rather liked XIII (but didn't much care for the sequels), and of course I LOVED VII, but never really thought of crossing them over. I'm quite impressed. Very much looking forward to more.

Worried about Hope's parents. I mean, by this time he'd really more or less gotten to a point where he could get OVER his anger issues by this time in the game, so having him be so worried and potentially angry at Cloud and Lightning like he was at Snow in canon...well, it has me worried. Would he volunteer to become Ragnarok just to kill them? Because he seemed to have an awful lot of anger in the game.

I'm also very curious as to what Cloud's eidoen (gah, can never remember how to spell that-their personalized summons) is. I'm guessing something from 'home', or Gaia. Knights of the Round because he's already so stinking overpowered that it would really fit (and wouldn't it be interesting if he could summon 13 knights to fight at his side?) or perhaps Pheonix because he's the only one that survived Sephiroth? Perhaps Leviathan because of his affinity to water/clouds? I was also thinking Hades, but I can't come up with a good reason except that the summon was particularly nasty and destructive. Or perhaps Aerith? Or Aerith and Zack? Or his entire entourage of friends in some form coming to help him? Heck, they could BE many of the knights in the Knights of the Round that he could summon.

It would be rather nasty but kind of ironic if something like Jenova could be called a summon and would be what he would summon in this world. Or could she be considered a fal'cie of some sort? Was she a fal'cie that broke away from the system all those years ago (several thousand if she crashed on Gaia 2000 years ago or so according to Cloud's reckoning of time)? Or was she a l'Cie? Well, Cie'th that had somehow regained some sort of sentience would probably make more sense, at least. Or a l'Cie with a partially fulfilled focus?

Those are some of the questions I've come up with that I would rather like an answer to. :) Hope to see more soon!
Ryner510 chapter 21 . 11/6/2016
So far the story is interesting when reading your story for the first time. Can't wait for more. But I do wonder why you decided to not have him keep his Fusion Sword
Quathis chapter 21 . 11/5/2016
A wonderful story that blends the two FF worlds together in a believable way. Cloud taking more and more burden the farther things go is a good example of that. Until next time.
Two Evil Carrots chapter 21 . 11/4/2016
... What happened to Cloud's Fusion Sword in the first place? It's random disappearance isn't just a coincidence right? There has to be some kind of plausible reason; if it turns out that it just vanished because of plot needs for no good reason, then I will be severely disappointed.
Irish-Brigid chapter 21 . 11/1/2016
Cloud doesn't hold any hope of saving Lightning, huh? Though considering most of his friends back home are apparently dead and he's always been hard on himself in that regard, it makes sense. I still want to slap some optimism into him.
Guests are cool chapter 21 . 10/30/2016
Another fine chapter. Hard to think that a few months ago I had resigned myself to never reading another chapter from you and yet here we are. :-) I love how you've made Cloud selfish (not wanting the guilt of Lightnings death on his conscience) rather than the classic selfless hero thing. It's very good and engaging and I can't wait to read more! Please Update Soon! ;-)
The Sorrowful Deity chapter 21 . 10/31/2016
And watch her die you will lol eh idk
Nice chapter though
reddevil47 chapter 21 . 10/30/2016
The plot thickens once more
AM chapter 6 . 10/18/2016
Great stuff. This is the third or so time I've read through what's there so far, and it's good every time. This go-through, though, I'd like to offer some criticism. The last line of this chapter, Chapter 6, is really good imagery, but the way the sentence is structured is a bit...much. I understand you wanted to make an impact with "soft but dangerous sound" and "bladed killing implement," but be careful of wordiness getting in the way of painting a clear and concise picture. Do we need to know that he used two fingers to pull his sheath out? Or can that be cut to make the sentence flow better?

I would also suggest changing the layout of the sentence. You open with the idea of a sound, but take a while to fully describe that sound. This can get a bit confusing for the reader, and make them go back over the sentence to make sure they got the correct interpretation. Here is how I would write the last paragraph (I'll even include the descriptions I suggested cutting):

"Cloud pulled the bladed killing implement on his back a few inches from its sheath, then let it slide back in with a soft but dangerous click. That, he decided, was more than sufficient as an answer."

It could be made a bit more concise, but that's getting even more into personal style, so I'll stop here. Describing sounds can get a bit tricky, especially when the sound involves multiple actions done by the character. A lot of the time, it's easier for everyone - writer and reader - if you describe the actions first, then describe the sound that results from those actions. I made the last part a separate sentence just to avoid a run-on, which is another thing to look out for.

Feel free to disregard. Keep up the good work.
inkbender chapter 20 . 10/7/2016
I completed the re-read, then noticed you said something about SB and SV, followed you over there, and read all the interactive comments and such! FFN sadly doesn't have that kind of public forum commenting system. Archive Of Our Own (aka AO3) has it though! I've mostly moved over there, since the quality of works are generally higher and I feel more inclined to actually hold conversations with readers.

Anyways, despite what other readers said about the Cloud/Lightning relationship, I fully support it in all its many forms. Chapter 15's "Dine and Dash" really drove the point home that they've connected on a deeper level in a week than most people do in a couple months. They're alike enough to be compared as gender-swapped versions of each other, but their differing life experiences and choices give them nuances that differentiate yet complement the other. A romantic relationship might be a bit much, as both are pretty hardcore internalizing introverts, but as a stabilizing, reinforcing kind of bond, like the brotherhood between soldiers and partners and such... yeah I'll get behind that.

As an aside, I really appreciate Cloud here as a much more emotionally stable, empathetic kind of guy here. The kind of guy who can straight-faced say "let's mosey" and cross-dress and go on a date with Barrett, and not the mopey Squall Leonhart carbon copy that Advent Children gave us.

Anyways, glad to hear you've got an outline! I always write up outlines before I launch into any of my multichaptered fics. Of course, I never actually follow it - the story spontaneously evolves as I write it - but as long as I have a beginning and an end and plenty of vague mile markers in between, I'm good to go. Props to you for picking this up after so long! Keep it up!
inkbender chapter 20 . 10/5/2016
HOLY HELL WHERE DID ALL THESE CHAPTERS COME FROM

After two years of inactivity, here we are again. Omg I'd forgotten how amazing this story is. This definitely merits a re-read. And a re-re-read. So good. Please don't give up!
vampireharry the 2 chapter 20 . 10/2/2016
I love this! I can't wait for more!
Guests are cool chapter 20 . 9/23/2016
Hello again! :-) Sorry for the late review, life is busy at the moment. Excellent chapter. Rosch was as awesome as ever and I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll use as his cover haha. Nice to see the l'Cie again too. Seems like ages since we've seen them. Thanks for updating so quickly and I can't wait for more. Please Update Soon! ;-)