Reviews for Out of my Mind
LokYa chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
A brilliant start.
realjena chapter 7 . 10/14/2012
Great fic! Truly enjoyed it!
tamilnadu09 chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
Spent my night reading this and loved every second of it!
tamilnadu09 chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
Oh wow twists and turns galore! You're quite a talented writer!
tamilnadu09 chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
So creative the way you've described how the Compulsion feels like! I'm impressed.
tamilnadu09 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Well this fic comes highly recommended on twitter so I decided to give it a shot since I'm not reading much else right now- plus you're summary was very intriguing! I saw a YT fanvid a while ago with this concept and I thought it was a great idea. Hmm so this chapter was a bit darker than I expected it to be but it definitely sets the tone for the fic. While I hate to see Damon tortured, you've done an excellent job at writing Rebekah!
Trogdor19 chapter 7 . 9/27/2012
Amazing torture scenes in this whole fic. It is actually really hard to convey pain in writing, not the least because it has been done so often, in so many ways. To really engage the empathy of the reader in torture is talented (especially torture of poor Damon, who gets it in like every third episode)
latbfan chapter 7 . 9/23/2012
Shockingly happy ending, all kisses in the rain and forgiveness and daggers... Can there be happily ever after in MF without daggers? (Rhetorical question 'cause we all know the answer is no.) I see how the ending would be so difficult to get to from where you started, and I very much appreciate that you stuck with it and found a way to make it believable with all the characters acting as they would. Well done.
latbfan chapter 5 . 9/23/2012
I seriously am digging the dark and twisted and disturbed vampire insight. No fluffy romanticism here. Just the bloody bits. *nods*
latbfan chapter 4 . 9/23/2012
See? Physical response to your story. I feel sick again, which is really a huge compliment because that's not easy to pull off. Sure, we all knew, even Damon knew, that was really Elena. And even as I cringed and hoped (for both their sakes, but mostly for his) that he would catch on that it was her, part of me cheered, at least at the beginning, for saying the things no one ever says on that show. Damon, even when not compelled, is the one most likely to speak ugly and necessary truth, to say the thing the person least wants (and thus most needs) to hear. But then... Oh my. Anguish. But at least she's tipped off now. But what can be done about it? I'm so curious to see how you end this.

Also, again, you write Damon incredibly well and convincingly.
latbfan chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
Compulsion is one of the slipperier parts of the show, which is really saying something when you think about it, and I love how you describe it. I always assumed that compulsion would be more like sleep-walking, where the person was doing something but not really aware of themselves. But this duality idea is really making sense, that he doesn't want to, but that it actually hurts not to follow the instructions.

And no, he never says please. He doesn't beg, not ever. You're writing his innermost thoughts and feelings and desires so well, so in-character and perfectly Damon.
latbfan chapter 2 . 9/23/2012
Another beautiful chapter, and I'm grateful it wasn't as terrible (in that hurts-so-good kind-of way) as Chap. 1. Stefan's love is complicated, and I am forever baffled as to why everyone loves him: Rebekah, Klaus, Lexi, Katherine, Elena, Damon. They all love Stefan, and it's not becuase he's easy...

I'm so drawn to the idea that Rebekah let him go, not because she was so loved by the brotherly love (as it was on the show), but because she's already primed Damon for an epic explosion. It's an act that really suits her character, that deeply dark and twisted way she has, her jealousy and hatred of Elena rearing its maliscious and violent head.

The show would never be that dark, but it fits. It makes sense. More sense than their tidier version of the events.

Looking forward to more!
latbfan chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Wow.

That is devastating and beautiful and terrible and I even feel a little bit sick, and still it's hard to stop reading so I can tell you that. It read so perfectly like a dream, all circular and strange, and seriously, just wow. Awful, terrible stuff (which is a compliment, if that's not obvious). Must have been pure hell to write, so I thank you for efforts.
ashdash chapter 7 . 9/19/2012