Reviews for The Traveller
kittehkitty2 chapter 7 . 12/18/2012
Excellent, truly excellent! Congratulations, ladybrit! That is one of the best Gunsmoke fics I have read so far. So original and insightful, especially bringing in an outsider into the world of Gunsmoke, an idea that I envy you thought first. :) I cannot stand when people change the era in which the characters are in, but placing a mysterious character like Thomas Kedworth, who is from this day and age, into the world of Dodge is not only interesting. but shows good judgement in characterization. In a very short time, you made me like Thomas and his mysterious origins, and perhaps make me want to know even more about him and his adventures. I also want to applaud your handling of Matt and Kitty's relationship, especially by leaving it as it is seen in the show. I really am finding it rather annoying when people change their relationship into the average love story... It is so much more than that! Anyway, you writing style has matured very much since I read "The Knife". And your portrayal of all the characters was SPOT ON! I am looking forward to reading more of your work! Keep it up! :) Kitty
Guest chapter 7 . 7/25/2012
LadyBrit,

Loved the premise. You showed a person from the future that did nothing to change the technology in Dodge City. He had some interesting thoughts about our favorite people.
char
cheyenne1963 chapter 7 . 7/18/2012
I enjoyed this story and what a twist. I wonder if we could go back in time were people would go and why and what they would do when they got there. This was truly a great and unique story and I hope to read more from you soon.
Judy H chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
Once again you have put together a charming little insight into those Dodge characters. Thank you.
Smokin chapter 7 . 7/16/2012
I enjoyed this very unique approach to Gunsmoke fan fic!
tjp chapter 7 . 7/16/2012
Fantastic story. Love the time traveler. I think it would be nice to see a reappearance from him sometime in the future.

Janie
rosebudlady chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
This sort of reminded me of Sam Beckett in "Quantum Leap." He never knew why he was there until he had solved the problem. Fun story.
mahc chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
Just caught up with this story...and now it's over! Well, that just means I get to read the whole thing pretty much at once. Fun idea with the time travel. Glad our friend was there to save Matt. Love the Matt h/c, too!

MAHC
lostcowgirl chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
Another good tale of what a good doctor can accomplish. As always, I enjoyed the telling and the satisfactory ending. Matt will heal and the traveller is back where he belongs but with a souvenir.

Elaine
Guest chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
Fabulous story - loved it! Write more stories, please.
Accidental Cougar chapter 7 . 7/15/2012
Excellent Story! I loved that.
Accidental Cougar chapter 6 . 7/15/2012
Sometimes you just instinctively trust someone even though you don't know them that well. Obviously that's how Kitty feels about Thomas. Glad he was worthy of that trust.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/14/2012
Can't wait for the next installment.
lostcowgirl chapter 5 . 7/14/2012
I know Doc used both ether and chloroform, but you didn't have Thomas grab any of it. Kitty''s helped by administering the anesthetic. I think Doc might have reserved it for especially bad wounds and operations like removing an appendix. Are you assuming this is early enough that whiskey would have been the only thing available? Most of the references to anesthetic were in the later shows.

E
broncomap chapter 4 . 7/14/2012
Is this a tie-in to the gambler or was this posted by mistake?