Reviews for How Your Heart Beats
LightDas chapter 14 . 7/20/2019
Okay... (takes a deep breath oh no big rant warning)
AHHH. This was just sooo good. I LOVED Sokka in this, breaking the protective older brother stereotype. I mean I think that Sokka would be the kind of brother who would be happy as long as his sister didn't hook up with a teenage terrorist (Zuko's a teenage terrorist but that doesn't really matter soooo...) And he would be happy if they both loved each other. Then ZUKO... you adorable dorky dork with FEELINGS who stomps and huffs like a petulant 5-year old. I love that portrayal so freaking much. Then Aang. It's soo nice that for once he isn't a douchebag (you don't know how many Zutara stories I've read where Aang is a douchebag no don't hurt him he's an innocent puppy dog no matter how much I dislike Kataang) I would have loved to see Mai in this fic (Mai is a badass and awesome and Maiko is great you can't convince me otherwise it's just that Zutara is greater) but since it's been 6 years and you've marked it complete you won't make any more chapters so that's sad (I'm not trying to imply that I want you to make new chapters if you don't want to, I'm saying that I liked your fic a lot. You have NO idea how much people take offence to the statement "I wish there was more")
So um yeah.
I think I missed Toph in my rant.
Whoops.
Toph was amazing and badass and totally sweet and awesome.
That's all I have to say (Hopefully rocks and badgermoles won't haunt my dreams)
ANY way.
Your fic was amazing. Thank you for making it. And uh... I hope you read this. Because there's a ninety percent chance you won't but hey some of my friends have 10-year old fics and they STILL read the comments happily... so if you're one of those people I'll leave this.
This is the longest review I've EVER written. And I'm trying to find reasons to make it longer.
*Cough* Have a good day.
SaturnTails chapter 14 . 6/14/2019
Oofff, abrupt ending is abrupt! But yay for Zutara kisses, and overall I really enjoyed this fic, thank you for sharing it with us. I especially enjoyed your angsty Zuko and how you described those moments when you’ve stormed off in a huff and can’t figure out how to come back without it being awkward, it took me back to when I was a teenager.
Guest chapter 9 . 5/19/2019
I just wanted to tell you, I’ve never cried reading a doc before. But yours got me. Beautiful writing!
justafan chapter 14 . 8/12/2018
iconic! bravo! kudos!
Don Draper's Bitch chapter 1 . 7/30/2018
No matter how many times I read this first chapter, Sokka’s stupidity will never fail incracking me up. Their whole scene together is brilliant. “Noooio... Sukki!” then, “you’re a bad boy” love it. How can Zuko not see that Katra likes him and that they’re sharing moments.
Forbidden-Hanyou chapter 14 . 4/7/2018
This was an amazing ficlet! Thanks for writing it!
Guest chapter 14 . 10/13/2017
I really enjoyed this and it made me laugh a lot.
Madness to My Methods chapter 4 . 6/14/2017
This chapter killed me. I'm writing this from beyond the grave.
I was doing alright and then you hit me with the "he realized he must have taken an angry nap" and i snorted so hard because that's so Zuko and I highly identify with Zuko. And then Aang and his need for excessive attention and Zuko was all like "Give me seven minutes" and I read it in his HONOR voice and Suki was like angry nap? and i completely lost whatever control i had.
The part where it was mentioned about Ozai completely roasting Aang i got a very vivid mental image of Ozai just completely slaying Aang in a roast battle and then mic dropping because he is fire and I think I need to go to bed now.

Anywho, I really like this story. Awkward Zuko is life. I hope you keep making him talk about his feelings
Mandarin Fiend chapter 1 . 4/17/2017
So cute! And I find Zuko to be really in character! :)
SaintJuvia chapter 14 . 1/18/2017
Real nice story, I was caught of by the ending though. Have you continued through a 15th chapter? I've seen a lot of people reviewing a chapter 15, but, alas, I cannot find it. I would really love to see an epilogue to the climax, reactions of the characters and what not. Once again, love your story
Clarity23 chapter 14 . 12/17/2016
Oh... okay ... the ending caught me off guard now. Well, the story was great to read, good work.
xXOceanXx chapter 14 . 12/6/2016
I so loved reading this! Feels a little incomplete though when you leave out Ozai's ending, but it's still a great read. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/4/2016
I love this story! Everyone is so in character I can really imagine them saying every line and acting this way. You are a very talented writer, thank you for sharing this story :)
Guest chapter 2 . 8/1/2016
"You don't think hair is a good idea.”
OMG DEAD. DEAD!
4thkage chapter 14 . 1/21/2016
is that it!
end with a kiss!
arghhhhhhhhh...i want Zuko said he love Katara so much...

eventhough i'm very dissappointed with the ending...but...i luv the whole story...
how Zuko actually 'deserve' happiness...

is there a sequel?