Reviews for 300 word challenge
dream lady chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
You conveyed so much in 300 words, it was a delight to read, I particularly love the way that Jeff still occasionally was thrown by one of Lucy's expressions when she said "your mother isn't the only one who left something in the oven". Priceless.
Patti
AussieJo chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
great answer to the challenge! Lovely story too.
Fran L chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Awww, cute :) 'One in the oven' is a term that always tickles me, I'm glad that Lucille has such a way with words ;)

A very sweet little one-shot, Pen, nice one!
McHammy chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Brilliant!
Chrysexanthe chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Nice little short, made me smile.

Believe it or not, we do sometimes use that little Britishism 'round here, don't know about the mid-west though...

Write more, please?

(giving you a not so subtle hint :-P )
bubzchoc chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
brilliant
thunderbird5 chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Awe. So cute.
mcj chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I was surprised to see this posted here given the context of the original request (purely to form part of an interview) but I think you did really well in your response and its nice you wanted to share. It's never easy amalgamating unconnected items into a fluid and believable piece. Good for you :)

Cheers

mcj
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This, quiller, is why I look up to you so much. Something like that would take me up to 1000 words to complete because I just have to explain everything in detail.

I am so very impressed it isn't funny. What was though, is that Jeff got confused with Briticisms. (Is that even a word?, and that Lucille was probably grinning like a cheshire cat at his befuddlement.

A brilliant little thing. I think you did the challenge well! Xx
TB's LMC chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Oh, this was SO fun! I love it! Good on you for actually making 300 words full of so much, and fitting those 3 things into it in a way that made sense! Woo, Virgil's on the way! lol Big thumbs-up!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
You most definitely did an awesome job with the challenge! What a sweet moment in the lif of the Tracy family as Jeff learns of his second child coming!
JoTracy123 chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
What can I say. I loved that xox great work
grnfield chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Aaaaaw! Very cute! A little Tracy 'Bun in the oven'

Well done with the 300, they're always awkward challenges to get right!