Reviews for Big Bill Decker
addakiss chapter 7 . 5/19/2019
Posted for Dan Ker, I copied and pasted
3.: Now the story is getting better and better. Marvellously how much you put into the story. It feels like you by yourself live in the story and you're developing the plot. But, wow, Hannibal Heyes is at his best in his younger days. A little stormy, a little bit too revengeful but very very fascinating in his whole description. Both of them are capable to see reality but despite of that none can jump over his own shadow. A still difficult relationship in which no one can really give ground. Both of them aren't grown enough yet, Heyes' domination is almost betraying them. You wonderfully described how Kids common sense tells him that Heyes is at the edge, that he has to reign him in. To leave this overwhelmingly strong character is the only way out. Ver, very good how you made Kid let Heyes learn his lesson " This was for taking it too far!" Great sentence!
Fledge 23 chapter 7 . 10/24/2015
This story had me gripped right through. You're right - Heyes took it too far. I wonder how that would affect him.
Helen Reeves chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
I just can't think how I could have missed this series! I thought I'd read every story on this site! I'm so glad Sarah but a link on facebook - I really enjoyed them. I'm also a huge fan of April's Twist of Fate series so it's really good to have some background on Heyes' and Kid's connection with Scott and Ally. I also like the way Heyes' character in particular show's his arrogant side, his genius planning of course and his obsessional quest for revenge - I still love him though! All traits brought out in April's series (i know you have co-written some of that too) - It's so obvious that you, April and other co-writers are on the same page so to speak with the characters as I can never "see the joins" - loved it
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 7 . 9/1/2012
This was a very satisfying story: The characters are well-rounded, the plot is engaging, and the writing is great. I really enjoyed this!
Riders57 chapter 7 . 8/10/2012
I/O just got the chance to read this. Good job. It's a compelling story and you managed to keep it flowing throughout the 7 chapters. No easy feet. Looking forward to the sequal.
Silverkelpie chapter 7 . 7/31/2012
Isn't it great when stories take on a life of their own? I'm looking forward to reading, 'Moving On.' The old saying , that a man bent on revenge digs two graves is really borne out in this. No wonder Kid was angry at him, but it was a very Heyesian revenge.
Silverkelpie chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
I'm really enjoying the the way you're painting a darker version of Heyes here and Alyssa's resolve to be more like the aunt who shamed her family is a great way to take her character. Great ending.
HannaHeyes chapter 7 . 7/29/2012
It truly is amazing how a story can take on a life of its own and lead you to places you hadn't expected to go.
I think the ending fit perfectly with the story and you wrote it well. I like the part where Kid made sure Heyes was alright before he decked him! Looking forward to future stories from you :)
RosieAnnie chapter 7 . 7/29/2012
Inside Outlaw, I think the characters took you to the proper ending. It's a variation of "be careful what you wish for; you might get it." Heyes got exactly what he thought he wanted - he wanted to bring Decker down low - but he didn't consider the human factors involved. Did the means justify the ends? Heyes can't be too sure here.

I'm glad you're continuing with Alyssa. Thinking about this story at its conclusion, I've decided that Alyssa served as the observant outsider who delivers the theme of the whole story. I forget which chapter exactly, but it happens when Alyssa reflects on getting revenge for what Decker did to her, and she rejects it, saying that revenge hurts everyone. And she decides to move on. Heyes wanted revenge. Decker wanted revenge. Look what it brought them.

An excellent story, Inside Outlaw. Pat yourself on the back - but not too hard, because you need both hands to keep typing away on Alyssa's story!
FFNgoaway chapter 7 . 7/29/2012
I really like the way this moved from darkly comic to just plain dark. Revenge is a dish best served cold, all right... But what a toll vengeance takes on the person pursuing it, as well as the one it's aimed at.

Love the image of Kid reading Heyes the riot act: "They're already gunning for you, Heyes, because you're such an arrogant ass!"

Look forward to seeing where you take this next.
Penski chapter 7 . 7/28/2012
Wonderful story, Inside Outlaw! More of a narrative than most of your stories, but you had a lot to say in this one. Interesting how stories take on a life of their own and go in directions we hadn't meant. Favorite part was Kid asking Heyes if he was okay and then slugging him. Really like how you have the Kid thinking on his own and being there to back up, but not blindly following all of Heyes' plans.

Very curious how the boys will play a part in Alyssa's "Moving On".
CountryRosie chapter 7 . 7/28/2012
I like the whole story. It just didn't seem like Heyes but then again it did seem like Heyes. His temper is hidden until it just has to come out. I know Heyes didn't mean for it to end the way it did. Can't wait to read to then next story and hear about Alyssa.
Akeays chapter 7 . 7/28/2012
That was a good ending. It was thought provoking because it showed how seeking revenge to that degree can very quickly get out of hand. And what does it say about the person who is willing to go that far for revenge? I think that you kept the characters true to their natures since Heyes always did like a good con and enjoyed getting one up on his mark and of course-winning!
Very good series and I enjoyed reading it. And am certainly looking forward to Alyssa's continuing adventures!
Again, I comment on that strange occurence when a story and the characters take on a life of their own and things end up going in a direction that was not origainally intended. That's what makes writing fun and adventurous!
Looking forward to more from you.
Akeays chapter 6 . 7/28/2012
Yes, it's all building very nicely. Sorry I didn't comment earlier, but I missed the announcment that you had posted. Almost glad that I did cause now I can go directly to the final chapter and find out how all this comes together!
reader chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I have been enjoying reading your story very much and am constantly checking (quite obsessively) for updates! I think you are setting it up nicely for Heyes to grow as a person. I have only one tiny quibble - Kid just standing by while Decker almost killed Heyes. If the Sheriff hadn't had shot Decker, Heyes would have been dead. Being primarily a Kid lover, (but I do love them both!) I wish you had let Kid get off a shot that disarmed Decker and then had the Sheriff shoot him dead a split second later. Might have sparked a few questions about "Boswell's" prowess with a gun, but I hated to think of the Kid not living up to his rep - as the "fastest gun in the West" AND as someone who always has his partner's back. Keep up your great writing! Can't wait to find out what happens next!