Reviews for Love Has No Rhyme and No Reason
black-ladyToronado-power chapter 46 . 5/2
hahaha " I am a man, not a miracle worker" I loved it. good chapter, this story is one of my ultimate favorites
La Cuidadora chapter 46 . 5/1
I definitely like your version better than the episode. And I agree that Victoria and Alejandro's original comments were inappropriate. It makes much more sense for De Soto being snarky; just wish they had written the episode that way! Always glad to see another chapter, although since this is close to the end, I do have mixed feelings about this wonderful story nearing its end.
La Cuidadora chapter 45 . 5/1
So glad to see another addition to this story! I love how you filled in the events before the episode. I pictured Diego, his frustration with his immobility and Victoria's reaction. His comment about Diego not breaking her broom was perfect! LOL
arty60 chapter 46 . 5/1
Another good chapter! I like how you resolved things between Victoria and Diego and especially how she responded to Desoto.
arty60 chapter 45 . 5/1
Good chapter! Enjoying this and looking forward to the next installments!
Dapet chapter 45 . 4/30
As usual I enjoyed this chapter 1. With this story as a whole I can envision Diego and Victoria so clearly
bahall1964 chapter 45 . 4/30
Welcome back! You were definitely missed. I have really enjoyed this story since the first day. I loved the way the three of them worked and confused de Soto. This was an excellent chapter for coming back. I enjoy all of your stories especially the Zorro ones. Please don't stay away so long again since I can't wait for part two. Fantastic job!
black-ladyToronado-power chapter 45 . 4/30
looking forward to part 2
LovelyStardust29 chapter 43 . 2/8
After a much too long absence, I'm back and trying to get caught up! And, as usual, my dear, you did not disappoint. Wonderful conclusion to this part of the story - a very challenging episode to rewrite, but you handled it very well. The conversation between Alejandro and Diego was very well done, and I like how you had Alejandro challenge Diego's assumptions about his time in the war. I loved Diego, Alejandro and Victoria getting rewards out of a befuddled De Soto not just once, but twice, but I particularly loved the exchanges between Diego and Victoria. A very realistic and believable exchange given the circumstances of what they went through, and I loved their final exchange that ended the chapter. Wonderfully done!
valenelle chapter 1 . 1/18
I really like your concept. Oh, I wish the episode would have looked like this? It would have been fantastic. (I am at chapter 5 and love all chapters so far). Oh dear god... there will be no sleep for me tonight, I'm definitely going to stay up and read this. So happy to have found this fanfic.
Lady of Imladris chapter 44 . 12/3/2017
Also always, I am very happy to see this new chapter! Especially as I have been suffering the worst cold of my life the last two weeks, so very little to be happy about. (Throat raw from coughing and vomiting at least once a day from the force of the coughing almost every day the last week, causing a broken blood vessel in my eye Friday, despite a near-constant diet of cough drops. I have larned, however, that it is possible sleep while sucking on a drop, as that’s generally been the only way for me to sleep.)

Anyway, on to happier things! As usual, an excellent re-write. I found your more three-dimensional De Soto intriguing; it certainly explains how Diego could be so wrong about him when he arrived. And now I want to know more about young De Soto and poor Silvio. And De Soto doesn’t seem as pathetic as he did when trying to scare Sergio in the episode. I actually could start wanting something good to happen for De Soto if you continue this growth for him.
As for your difficulty in getting the plot going, I honestly couldn’t tell because when I read your final version, I was just “Of course, that makes sense she would spread it around for plausible deniability!”

As for Diego’s reaction to Sergio’s hero worship, it seems more incharacter for your version. In the show, Zorro is still his and Felipe’s secret and Diego rarely seems to have to think about its consequences beyond its restrictions on him. In your story I think Diego has had to think more deeply about it because of Victoria and then Alejandro. As you put it, it’s not a game to him at all anymore, so I’m not surprised he’s less comfortable. Yet, he actually gave Sergio more practical advice on helping people himself beyond “have faith”.
black-ladyToronado-power chapter 1 . 11/23/2017
another episode that you managed to rewrite very good. loved it.
La Cuidadora chapter 44 . 11/22/2017
Another instance where I like your version of this episode better than the one filmed. Your explanation of why Victoria played along with the Padre's idea on how to contact Zorro is very plausible. De Soto's backstory in your version makes him more developed than the show, more human and gives him more depth. I always hated what they had him to do to Sergio in the show. It seemed cruel and unnecessary. Especially for a show that was often written for children, and won awards for teaching. Maybe this episode was originally developed for Alcalde Ramon, who at least on screen seemed much more likely to flog with abandon. I'm glad Ghetto Outlaw has returned, and hope safely.
Dapet chapter 44 . 11/20/2017
Thanks for posting this chapter. Before I read it, I reread the first two chapters again and will probably continue to read more chapters again as time goes on. This is a work of love for you and I for one am glad you have done it
arty60 chapter 44 . 11/20/2017
Not one of my favorite episodes but I did enjoy your making Desoto a bit more human! Thanks for another interesting read!