Reviews for Love Has No Rhyme and No Reason
Coucherdesoleil chapter 29 . 21h
I really love this fic, and it certainly makes my day whenever there is a new part posted!

I agree with you about having a chaste hero, personally. It makes him more naive with regards to women perhaps, but also more mature in a more fundamental emotional way.
La Cuidadora chapter 29 . 5/1
What a great chapter! The scene in the alcalde's office is hysterical, and shows Mendoza in a way he's not often seen. Love that he solved that problem without input from anyone else.

I'm also a fan of your Magdalena and Cecilio. And your In Between stories are delightful, adding background and insights into the characters. I'm enjoying what you're doing with this story, and look forward to each chapter. As for characters standing around, I learned a long time ago in real life that "They also serve who stand and wait" so why not in fiction too?
ilovedobermans chapter 22 . 4/29
I like at least SOME parts of long stories to be plotless. It is refreshing to just see a regular life/relationship. After all a great part of life is just that- unexciting, sometimes boring, with flashes of certain types of excitement (wether it's a picnic, movie, family visiting, getting a new car, or fretting, a child with a sprained ankle, will the puppy EVER get potty trained, the car brakes need replacing, to the small happinesses, cuddling with your loved one(s) in front of a fireplace, reading a great fanfiction story, a letter from a friend. Those are life in between highs and lows. So THANK YOU SO MUCH! Gosh I hope this made sense!
ilovedobermans chapter 15 . 4/28
I adore the low angst between Diego and Victoria. They are now engaged, and I would assume, especially since this is a love match, that they would be in accord with each other. Too much angst fortells a miserable marriage. I believe it's right they stand together, lik a "real couple" should. My opinion only. It's what I see and learned from my parents. They have been married 51 years now. They have a great track record.
LovelyStardust29 chapter 29 . 4/27
Always so wonderful to see updates to this story, and this chapter definitely did not disappoint. I've grown quite fond of Cecilio and Magdalena as well, and continue to love their additions to this story and their interactions with Diego and Victoria. I too highly loathe the ridiculous sexual double standard between men and women that existed then, and love Cecilio and Magdalena even more for "defying" this standard. The conversation between Victoria and Magdalena was wonderful, and so well done. And I loved Magdalena's last line. :)

I couldn't stop giggling at with wonderfully bewildered and diplomatic Mendoza dealing with the "cock in the hen house." The whole exchange between him and Pepe/Pepito, as well as Diego and Cecilio was so funny, and very well done. And I love having Mendoza as the best man. So sweet! You and Ghetto Outlaw make a wonderful team! Looking forward to your next installment, and especially to the wedding!
arty60 chapter 29 . 4/27
I love Diego's uncle and aunt. Absolutely love the interaction between Victoria and for such a great story.
Nemaya chapter 29 . 4/27
*sends encouragements* I still like reading this story and I'm looking forward to after the wedding.
If you're overwhelmed with the amount of characters, a great program to use is Scrivener. You can label little bits of text with character names and locations, while the little bits together can be grouped as chapters. That way you can even read back all passages containing a certain character to check back.
Dapet chapter 29 . 4/27
Im so glad to read the latest chapter. This is a great story and will go down as my absolute favorite. I'm looking forward to the wedding chapters very much
DietMJ chapter 29 . 4/27
Poor Mendoza getting embarrassed about trollops, and babies, only to learn they were...sexy chickens, ha ha! Nice companion story about Diego's prior, or lack of prior exploits! Nice chapter! Sorry you're feeling discouraged- this story was a bright spot in my day!
jkl88 chapter 29 . 4/27
So nice to read another chapter...LOVED the rooster and chicken bit...and Mendoza was splendid! More soon, please. I'm looking forward to more of your story.
mmkbrook chapter 29 . 4/27
Really great chapter. The brothers Pepe/Pepito are so funny in their fight over their chickens. And, of course it took Mendoza, to be Solomon and come to a way that both win. Somehow, I feel if Diego had a choice, he would have eloped with Victoria, and be done with it.
Coucherdesoleil chapter 28 . 4/7
Still LOVING this story! I was so happy you updated (kinda made my day, actually!).
Yay! You updated! I love this fic!
La Cuidadora chapter 28 . 3/19
Great to see another chapter!
Your issues with this episode were similar to mine. I never did understand either Felipe's interest in the military or how Alejandro and Diego could act like nothing was wrong at the end of the episode. Your take is great. And the solution for Felipe to take a trip a lovely way to both give him a break and an opportunity to regain his hearing. Brilliant!
I like how Victoria was able to gently yet firmly take Diego's side when speaking to Alejandro. His talk with Cecilio with Diego overhearing was just what was needed.
Diego and Victoria's discussions were most helpful in explaining both of their thought processes and frustrations. Diego's reluctance to confess Zorro's secret to Alejandro is understandable, especially with that infamous bet recently. And you also clarified Victoria's disagreement and frustration with Diego about revealing Zorro's secret to Alejandro. They both are acting like adults, agreeing to disagree without losing their tempers, which I find realistic and refreshing.
Looking forward to your next chapter. This is one of my favorite stories and love the direction you're giving it.
LovelyStardust29 chapter 28 . 3/18
I was delighted to see the next chapter to this story. I was glad that Don Alejandro's coward comment from this episode was addressed further, as I hated just seeing it swept under the rug and forgotten on the show. I enjoyed the insights Diego overheard between his father and Cecilio, but especially enjoyed the exchange between Diego and Victoria about it. We've both commented before on Diego's weak reasonings for keeping silent about his identity, and I'm glad you have Victoria calling him out on that here, but I also appreciated Diego's comment that he didn't want to tell his father following an argument and have it viewed by his father as an attempt to prove himself as a De La Vega. Both did have good points in the discussion, and I thought it was handled very well.

I also loved the changes that you brought about for Felipe, and loved the honesty and care in his discussion with Diego in the cave. I agree that Felipe had put just as much of himself into Zorro and protecting the pueblo, and I'm excited to see what comes of him being able to stretch his wings a bit. So glad to hear of more coming, and look forward to reading what happens next. :)