Reviews for A Cadet's Account
Fireminer chapter 3 . 6/8/2013
A good story! It's nice to see Izumi finally has some spotlight, though her motivation seem a bit vague. Hope to see more story like this in the future!
Abicion chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I was thinking about removing all of the quotes from the beginning of chapter 3 and replacing them with just one slightly modified quote from The Green Mile, as a response to all the obsessive compulsive MLA fans trying to nitpick the second and third chapters to pieces.

But... yeah.
someone chapter 3 . 9/21/2012
Since when did Sophocles quote Mike Ehrmantraut´╝čPhuck.
Type55 chapter 2 . 9/8/2012
Here, lemme help you with that.
archive foolz us m thread 8193676
Arcanine chapter 2 . 9/8/2012
cherrypicking arguments
leaving out the bit where the part where you think you "got it pretty close" is torn to pieces
Cool story, brah.
Here's the real story.
.us/m/thread/8193676
Abicion chapter 2 . 9/7/2012
img. photobucket albums/v177/tenshousouhazan/rebuild_of_muvluv. jpg

And that's all I would like to say about that.

I ain't even mad.
nineball chapter 3 . 9/7/2012
Not when your mistakes are due to ignorance from not bothering to actually play the games as opposed to genuine creative liberties like Rebuild. Nor when the level of inconsistency goes above and beyond Rebuild changing a few key details to result in a large change in plot progression, and into the realm of entirely making new things up because you have no idea how the original worked or went.
Abicion chapter 3 . 9/7/2012
I'm thinking if I change the title of this fanfic to "Rebuild of Muv-Luv," I will be instantly forgiven for every perceived plot inconsistency that comes up.

It worked for Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0.

Or maybe I should just rename it "Prometheus" so the reader base will at least have polarized opinions instead of being united in seething hatred against me.
Type55 chapter 2 . 9/7/2012
What is all this nonsense about "G-element contamination"? What is all this about calling the brain the 00 Unit? What is all this about G-explosions and G-element contamination awakening '00 Unit' traits that allow for causality conductor creation? And how could Yuuko and Kasumi have known anything about Sumika's history with Takeru and how the universe causality transfer phenomenon got set up at that point in time? And what is this nonsensical idea that "G-element contamination" was responsible for that phenomenon? What is all this about the brain (which is not the same thing as the 00 Unit, by the way) being able to 'feel threads in the causality'? Where did you get this idea that being able to affect quantum causality conduction with G-element granted quantum superpowers is in any way connected to the traits they need for the 00 Unit? For what conceivable reason would Project PROMINENCE be just handing over the XFJ-01 to a totally unrelated organization the only connection being that they're both under the UN (a tenuous connection at best)?

There is fanfiction, and there is writing completely inane stuff that is entirely irreconcilable with what we know of the world and basic universe mechanics. Terrible.
nineball chapter 2 . 9/7/2012
Demonstrates complete and utter contempt not only for compatibility with the events of canon, but also for the fundamental basis underlying the universe's mechanics, the geopolitical situation of the world and various technical details regarding the Tactical Surface Fighters, their equipment, and so on. Terrible.
Arcanine chapter 2 . 9/7/2012
I'm sorry, but your comments on causality and G-element exposure and 00 Unit potential clearly demonstrate your complete lack of understanding of the original.

Go play the game first, then rewrite it when you're done.
PaulXion chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Wahh... now that was a touchy moment. I love the drama with the spin-off of the series, especially the slap. Everyone loves a good slap scene. I personally found Noto a bit unstable and I felt some sympathy to when she got eaten. Even if she was a pain no one deserves to die like that. Brrrr... just thinking about it gets my skin crawling of Marimo's death scene. Anyway, I liked it. Keep reading and keep on writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
They should have done this instead.
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I could never think u bipolar. waffle-kun...