Reviews for When Things Explode
Freshman11 chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Very good beginning. I hope you pkan to continue.
darkorangecat chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Excellent treatment of this prompt. Both Spinelli and Jason's despondency over their equally bleak situations were well written. I like how you started with Spinelli's perspective and seamlessly went into the action of the story with the explosion. I also like how you brought Jason's thoughts full-circle at the end, keeping the thematic use of ghosts as he realized that Spinelli really is important to him.
suerum chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I liked the title of this piece, it applied to what physically occurred with the bomb but it also related to both Jason and Spinelli's lives in that they have each faced so many emotional obstacles of late but haven't leaned on one another to get through them. Spinelli is always there for Jason but the reverse isn't necessarily true and it's because Jason does tend to forget about him, to prioritize everyone else and even his own needs above Spinelli and his problems. It's almost something like out of sight, out of mind with regard to Spinelli's place in Jason's life and that is not enough to sustain their relationship. Whatever happens after they solve this case, the majority of the burden to resolve things is on Jason. Thanks for writing this!