Reviews for Was it Something I Said?
Guest chapter 2 . 4/24/2014
This may sound a bit bizarre, but in a way they remind me of John and Sherlock. A bit less close, but loyal, and they look out for each other. You know?
Miranda Took chapter 2 . 11/26/2012
Nice. Really cool. I love scenes where Vimes and Vetinari interact, but I came to look for the fanfic last time all I got was soppy slash. But this is great work. Poor Rust.
jenben chapter 2 . 9/28/2012
I really enjoyed this-you wrote both characters so well and they seemed very true to the books. There's something about the interactions between Vimes and Vetinari that hints at a deep and complicated friendship (for want of a better word). I think you captured that quite nicely.
Aguna chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Great story :)
Elizabeth Bower chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
For the public record, thank you guys. It really means a lot to me to have such good reviews. Now...let me see...oh yes. I would like to know which side of the conversation sounded strange. Also...I was trying for the Vetinari from Going Postal, though perhaps that's why he turned out so...compassionate. My view is that perhaps after awhile Vetinari would allow snippets of the 'warmer' interior to show through to Vimes.
Claudia Rufina chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
**flails** This was excellent - I really, really want to see what happens after - so much intrigue! I do like your particular characterisation of Vetinari, as this version is not one I've seen before. It's very much true to the books, but not as uptight or omnipotent as others I've read...he reads more like the Vetinari from Jingo than the Vetinari from Going Postal, say. Also loving the dynamic between the two. Please can we see some more? *Oliver Twist voice*
Swordmouse chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Very good choice of a random scene, and very well written. If I had to point out some constructive criticisms, I'd say some things should have been re-worded more interestingly and the conversation at the hospitol... I'm honestly not sure what, but it seems off to me in some way... Like... A strange sort of reaction to what happened. I also wish I knew what Vetrinari said, but some people may feel its better leaving that to the imagination.
Keep up the good work! I can't wait to read more from you!
Riandra chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Oh wow, now you have me burning with curiosity! (And you're never going to tell us, are you?) Please write more!