Reviews for That's All I Need to Know
JackieStarSister chapter 4 . 9/21
I like the idea of Eponine meeting some of Marius' friends and seeing more of his world. (Maybe Joly would try to treat her sickness!) But I feel like the conflict would have to be clearer, and the stakes higher, for Marius and Eponine to decide to run away from Thénardier. (Somehow I don't think he'd care much about Eponine spending a night in a young man's apartment.) This story hasn't really established how violent or abusive Thénardier is. Has he hurt or threatened Eponine or Marius already? That might be a complication that could be explored earlier in the story. Maybe if he suspected that Marius liked Eponine, he would want Eponine to milk him for more money, only she wouldn't want to do that.

I just thought of another canon question: does Marius have the same backstory, with his father and grandfather? If so, has he figured out that Eponine's father is the man who saved his father?
JackieStarSister chapter 3 . 9/21
I like how you work lyrics from the musical into your writing, with "Marius, you're late" in the previous chapter and several allusions to "A Little Fall of Rain" in this one.

Speaking generally, I'm not sure if you're leaning more toward the book canon or the musical canon, so I'm not sure what events are taking place outside of this narration. For instance, the name of the Gorbeau tenement and most of Eponine's first interaction with Marius seem to come from the book, but he does not solve the mystery of the begging letters, and apparently Valjean and Cosette do not come to the house. Does Marius not know Cosette at this point, like in the musical? Does Azelma exist? Is Gavroche her brother?

While I like the idea of Marius helping Eponine when she is sick (he knows taking her back to her own apartment wouldn't help her much), his confession seems kind of sudden, not very supported. I know in the book he fell in love with Cosette when they had barely interacted, but Victor Hugo supported his romantic actions with pages and pages of his thoughts. I think more interactions and/or more introspection are needed to build up to Marius' declaration of love. The last chapter ended with Courfeyrac saying he wanted to hear about her later, so maybe there could be one or more scenes with Marius telling him about Eponine or asking for relationship advice.
JackieStarSister chapter 2 . 9/21
Oh the fluffiness-of snow! ;D This is sweet and fun. I like to think that Eponine and Marius would like each other simply because they can bring each other joy, something they haven't had in quite a while.

I'm not sure about Marius saying "you started it" since he was the first to throw a snowball. I don't know if he has that bold kind of playfulness, at least at this point in his relationship with Eponine. I kind of think Eponine,-or even another, more mischievous character like Gavroche or Courfeyrac-would be more likely to throw the proverbial gauntlet and actual snowball.

Now I think I'm going to be haunted by the idea of the gamins and/or Les Amis organizing a snowball battle … is there any chance of that happening in this story?
rebecca-in-blue chapter 3 . 7/20/2015
I love this chapter. How he takes Eponine is very tender and well-written, and I love how you used the "Don't you fret" line from A Little Fall of Rain. Very Marius to just blurt out that's he in love with her, and very Eponine to feel that she doesn't deserve it.
xAnna-Chanx chapter 3 . 6/28/2015
This is so sweet I got diabetes :3 Keep it up!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 2 . 6/28/2015
Aww, this chapter is so cute. I love the opening line that Eponine isn't "on speaking terms with winter," as if the cold weather is a character. (And I certainly know how she feels! I mean, what's to love about scraping snow off your car?) Also love the contrast between Marius's more romantic view of winter vs. her practical one. Wonderful work.
MiserableRenthead chapter 3 . 6/21/2015
Aww! Love this!
Randomcat1832 chapter 2 . 6/20/2015
Despite being a hardcore Mariette shipper... this is very very sweet. I've always had a soft spot for snowball fights in books and movies, and fanfics are no exception.
judybear236 chapter 2 . 6/18/2015
Uh-oh! They've guessed already! That was quick.
judybear236 chapter 3 . 6/18/2015
So romantic!

Good story.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
Awww, this is so sweet. I love the way you write Marius, especially his slight sheepishness after telling Eponine that he loves her - it feels so him. Wonderful work, and I hope there will be more!
ThatBallerinaWhovian chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
This is adorable! I really hope you decide to continue! :D
MissFiyerabaMeponineWholock chapter 1 . 8/7/2013