Reviews for Naval
SongBird1205 chapter 1 . 8/12
I hated it as ,I have as you did... Juvia being one of my favorite characters I hate it when he OVERLY uses her for "comical relief" can he not make anyone else look stupid!? It's so annoying and it makes gruvia seem like a joke too! UGHHHHH
Although it's probably too late to comment on the Naval chapter, I felt exactly the same as you. But my anger is more at Mashima for writing that damn chapter. It would have been nice to see Juvia fight a decent battle without her romantic feelings towards Gray distracting her from her true focus...THE ACTUAL BATTLE. As a matter of fact..I hated the whole GMC series because he made Juvia look like a fool through the whole thing. She would always fuck things up wherever Gray was when they were facing a dangerous situation which eventually got Gray killed. I personally don't blame Juvia because I came to realize that Grays timing was not great when he was about to tell her whatever he was going to say to her which distracted her. Yeah Mashima did no justice for Juvia in this series. It made her look bad and she got a lot of negative reactions from FT fans. He constantly does this to her throughout the whole thing that it annoys the shit out of me. Another thing that pisses me off is why would he consider making Wendy a water dragon slayer when he already had a powerful water mage...yep glad he didn't go along with that dum idea. Anyway had to do my rant.
endingsarenotalwaysbad chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
I totally get you here. In my opinion it was not logical at all.

But because Lucy and Team A were the stars, little naive Juvia had to go... It pisses me off as well. In Fairy Tail are so many stong and interesting mages. But it always comes down to the same people, although another mix of team would have been more entertaining and a better choice.

I'm relieved that there are other people out there who can relate. hahaha
icefox94 chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
minerva used her powers to push juvia out of the water bubble, that's why you see minerva with her hand extended and glowing right after juvia falls out of the water.

if you hate minerva so much after naval battle, then you must really hate mashima for what he did with minerva's character in the tartaros arc.
wilathewitch chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
me either. i thought Juvia deserved some moment there. it was the biggest bitch slap everrr. but well, she had that redemption when she defeated the necromancer guy in the Tartaros Arc. hahahaha! i can't wait for more Gruvia moments after it. seriously.

by the way BonneyQ, i'm totally a fan of yours. :) been reading your stuff for a while. thanks for putting love in Gray and Juvia. and the AUs were amazing. initially i wasn't into AUs in general but yours were awesome. make more Gruvia fanfics 'cause you are making alot of fans happy! :))
pachi-chan chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
ah, yes. finally someone who shares my hate and frustration for that chapter.
I really want to see a cahpter were Juvia turns all badass and kicks some ass, because she's perfectly capable of doing so, but I don't know why Mashima insists on treating my baby the way he does!
btw, it was awesome! I loved it, really well done!
MissKonoha chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Omg! I remember feeling the exact same way with the chapter. That battle was SO Juvia's to win. All the other contestants were in her freaking territory!
Ugghh! Sometimes I feel like they just love to shower Lucy with screen time. This was Juvia's time to shine!

I love what you wrote in this chapter! It truly manifests what should have been going through the water mage's head at the time. Thank you.
XxlighterxX chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
minerva teleports her outside :( sad very sad!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
1. Great story!
2. I 100% agree with you. I was watching the anime on my computer and when I got to that part I actually paused it shortly after so that I could walk around and blow off some steam. I was on the same page as Gajeel when he said Juvia was unbeatable in water, she is supposed to be! She can turn INTO water! Even if Minerva is a sadistic demon incarnate, what the hell, it should have been Juvia battling it out for 1st place with her, not Lucy, no offense to her. They made an absolute fool out of JUvia and didn't even let her redeem herself at the GMG, not even during the final battle, where she only beat Lyon and Chelia together with Gray, but before that nothing! and then Gray telling her he didn't like her... Seriously, that arc was one fucking blow after the other for Juvia was demoralizing! She's a former Phantom S class mage and a fairy tail S class candidate, what the hell happened?!

She's hardly in the manga and when she is it's almost purely for comic relief... It's infuriating! So I also wish I could tell Mashima a couple of things regarding his disregard for Juvia and her fans, and Gruvia fans!

So please, since Mashima won't stop being cruel, continue to write stories in which Juvia is all that we know she can be! Thanks!
rayoflightx chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
I felt the same after reading that chapter! _
Miya Minako chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Me too. I was pissed part of it was because how Mashima treated Lucy so horrible these past few arcs. She only got to fight 2 times, and she lost both, miserably. Plus, I don't think it was Juvia's fault for falling, wasn't it Minerva who pushed her (through magic/whatever) when Juvia wasn't paying attention? chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
I'm late, but I agree with you COMPLETELY about that chapter! I was like, "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?" Juvia SHOULD HAVE FUCKING WON! I agree with you! I HATED how they made her look like a fool. It was just...UGH! I hated it, I can't even explain how much. -_- Minerva is my number one hated character from Fairy Tail. I was also pissed from before with Lucy's battle with that Flare chick. Fucking pissed me off to no end. So glad for Laxus though. nice one-shot though. Every Juvia fan out there agrees 100 percent with you, including me...
mgaa chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
yeah me's just ridiculous no matter how you look at it...she is no doubt one of the strongest mage in the series what with her being water's ridiculous how she's just i don't know undermined? she's obviously really powerful but she comes out as a sort of comic relief in the series because of a certain not so oblivious ice prick...well nothing against the pair but can't juvia for once be a serious kick ass in the that too much to ask...
anyways...i'll be following this
pokefairy chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Juvia fell out because minerva used a portal from inside the bubble to out side and sent juvia through it. But I want to see juvia kick minerva's ass.
WednesdaySnow chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
i hated Mashima so hard for this chapter too

Juvia did not do well in the first competition
and she was downcast afterwards
this was supposed to her comeback
I actually would have preferred
if Juvia had took toe to toe with Minerva and been tortured
instead of Lucy
but alas we need Lucy to be tortured
so that Mashima can move his plot along ;-;

I didn't find it funny at all either
it's pretty darn well recognized that Juvia's a powerful mage [SHE CONTROLS A WHOLE FUCKING ELEMENT GODDAM IT] yet Mashima keeps ignoring her potential and only uses her as a comic relief
which you know, I usually don't mind, but still.
ugh basically thank you so much for writing this oneshot
because it pissed me off too ;-;