Reviews for Chromatics
Dance Elle Dance chapter 5 . 6/16/2013
Awesome series of little ficlets here! I do hope you decide to continue. Great work!
DiamondTopaz chapter 5 . 10/16/2012
Wow. They were all good, but "White" was definitely my favorite chapter. Love how you juxtaposed his video from the first episode to the events of the Season 4 finale. It really shows just how far Walt has fallen in just the few months of being Heisenburg.
If you were gonna do purple, there were two ways you could have gone. 1) Walt interacting with Marie somehow, since she always wears purple, or 2) Walt sorta "assuming the throne" now that Gus is dead. The promo posters for Breaking Bad say "All Hail The King," and purple is the color of royalty. Just a thought. :)
Golden Snowflake chapter 5 . 9/2/2012
UGH. These were wonderful.

Thank you for putting the pieces together to remind us just how little of Walter White is left in the wake of Heisenberg's power.
Golden Snowflake chapter 4 . 9/2/2012
I adore those last two paragraphs. You really know how to write!
Golden Snowflake chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
Spooky. As crazy as things have been as of late, these chilling moments almost make me feel nostalgic.
Golden Snowflake chapter 2 . 9/2/2012
I ... okay, I really like this. How can somebody write a narrative that feels just as natural as watching the show?

Very nice.
Golden Snowflake chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Wow. I loved this. It was short, and you said what you needed to in order to convey your idea without getting too poetic and wordy. Do I detect some shipping here?
TrenchcoatsAreSexy chapter 5 . 9/2/2012
Love it! Walt really has left Walt behind and just become completely Heisenberg these days. It's pretty scary. And kind of with it, all the connotations of "white" as "pure"...
Guest chapter 5 . 8/13/2012
I appreciate your use of the color spectrum as the connective tissue between the very, very short vignettes. I do wish that there had been just a little more original material in this fic; while you accurately transcribed dialogue from episodes in the television series, that's all it was - a transcription.

But you have a clear understanding of the series and a nice handle on writing. I hope you return to "Breaking Bad" eventually.
SlushK chapter 5 . 8/2/2012
Lovely juxtaposition of scenes. Sort of a summary to the change that Walt's character has undergone throughout the show. And look, this one is the longest of them all! Anyway, as annoyed as I am that you didn't actually write 50 chapters for this, this is a great end to a great series, so well done.
sparethinker chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
This is marvelous. The parallelism makes this novel-quality and who cares where snowflakes form? The choppy dialogue is realistic and captures the intensity of the moment. This sounded great. Definitely want more.
SlushK chapter 4 . 8/1/2012
I like the way you describe Victor's body as a "twisted, dissolving hunk of flesh" (hunk indeed LOL no that was bad sorry). And poor conflicted Walt wanting to hug Jesse. Are you really going to finish it after just one more chapter? What about Mike, Gale or Hank? (And like you said, you can't pass off the opportunity to use 'Purple' as a title for Marie...)
TrenchcoatsAreSexy chapter 4 . 7/31/2012
Poor shocked Jesse :( I felt so awful for him in the beginning of S4. Walt needs to take care of him 3 Great chap as always!
SlushK chapter 3 . 7/29/2012
Nice contrast there. I associate yellow with Gus anyway, probably because of his mustard-coloured shirt... Oh Walt, you old hypocrite (but we love him for it). Longer is fine. Longer is good.
TrenchcoatsAreSexy chapter 3 . 7/29/2012
Love it! I love how the two scenes connect together - Walt's life really is circular in that way, he (purposely?) ends up in the same binds, of his own making, even as he tries to get out of them at the same time... Also loooove the use of color here 3