Reviews for Book of Secrets: Harvest
NelsBells chapter 5 . 5/26/2013
"Mal forced another smile, perfectly aware that most of the 'verse had never even heard of Iowa,"

That line is farking brilliant. I'm enjoying myself so much with this story that I will need to read the prequels. Even as a staunch hater of OCs I find myself liking Jo a lot :)
Tava chapter 8 . 4/16/2013
I just found this story, and wanted to say how wonderful it is!

I hope you are still working on it!
RionaEire chapter 8 . 11/29/2012
Good resolution to Kaylee's part, now I'll look forward to seeing what Inara's part is about. I understand why River did what she did, but maybe someone should talk honestly with her about how that sort of thing isn't a good idea, the fact that even though River is clever and strong and can easily swim out there that doesn't mean everyone can, but they love her so they'll try to follow her, especially Kaylee. The good thing now though is that we know how good of a swimmer River is, so if something like this comes up again we know we don't have to chase her, because she can do it. So we can all learn things from this experience.
Riona
LilValkyrie chapter 8 . 11/24/2012
Love this story, can't wait for more! Thank you!
bjq chapter 8 . 11/19/2012
awesome fabulous. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE UPDATE SOON
ToniaB chapter 8 . 11/19/2012
Thank you for another great chapter. I am glad to see that Kaylee now is rid of her demons. At the same time I am really curious about what awaits Inara on Angel.
ebfiddler chapter 8 . 11/18/2012
River, "she ain't exactly helpless" - I like how she provided some comic relief in this chapter. Another Biblical clue from Book, and now Inara's in the hot seat. Glad to see the resolution for Kaylee. Your description of the swimming was good - some angst and suspense - as well as the funny moments as various members of the crew make their appearances soaking wet and/or divested of their clothing. Another good chapter, and I am very happy to read this evidence that you are alive and well and still writing. :-)
Singsingsing chapter 8 . 11/18/2012
I am seriously in love with this story! The clues are cryptic and thoughtful, the writing is brilliant, and the characters have been captured so well! Thank you for writing this, and keep going! Don't feel pressured to do quantity over quality. This was fabulous!
vandevere chapter 8 . 11/18/2012
Nice to see Kaylee's faced her demons, and everybody got a nice invigorating swim.

Now, what's up with Inara and...Angel..?
butchinthestreets chapter 7 . 11/1/2012
I've loved reading this series. It's beautifully written.
ebfiddler chapter 7 . 10/9/2012
Oh now, this is a very interesting chapter. Kaylee's story, her guilt and her shame, drive the plot. It's interesting to see each and every one of them acting in character. Zoe practical; Simon miffed; Jayne and Jo also practical, convinced that every one else is shen jing bing, so they look for a boat, 'cause why didn't the others even think of that? Meanwhile, River just dives right in. Kaylee gets overwhelmed with the guilties and tries to punish herself; and Mal quickly assesses which of his crew needs help, and acts decisively to fix the situation. Inara, without telling anyone what she's up to, works the system from a different angle. No resolution in this chapter, but I'm convinced that when they reach the little island, another clue to Book's puzzle will become apparent. An interesting plot-building chapter, MK, and I'm eager for more. Thank you.
Slovous chapter 7 . 10/5/2012
I have to say I really like this story and the ones before it. I really want to find out what happens next. I hope you update again soon
ToniaB chapter 7 . 10/5/2012
Yay! You're back. You know what they say: better late than never. This was another great chapter. And a new cliffhanger...
RionaEire chapter 7 . 10/4/2012
I think River knows that there is a clue out there on the rock. That is sad about the boy drowning, poor Kaylee. I can see why River just jumped in and started swimming, if she'd said what she was going to do Kaylee would have tried to stop her. In all reality they could have flown the shuttle out there, made a water landing and gotten the clue, but I think River wanted to show them she could do it. I hope she's right and she can get back okay, for I know she can make it to the rock. I wonder what Inara is up to.
Riona
Dherea chapter 7 . 10/4/2012
The mystery deepens. Wonder what River is up to? Will she find him or prove he was out here? What about Mal? Love the fact he swam out to rescue Kaylee. Yeah Mal!
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »