Reviews for Unsurvivable
Lazy to sign in chapter 51 . 3/31
Finally, with this, I've finished reading the whole Brutal series- (and I've been reading this since February, with few breaks)

Not to be cheesy or anything, but this sure feels bittersweet, with how it ends and stuff. I really feel bad for Riben. I didn't even think he'd be the one to survive! (My guess was Turk, he's so close tho...)
I have to say, out of all the Hetalia X HG crossovers, this is the best I could find. I enjoyed it while it last...

Well, I'll end it here. Don't want it to be too long. I'll sure miss all this bloodbath and tear jerking moments tho.
X chapter 13 . 3/21
I really don't understand why do you have to change names for the characters.
It's really confusing, especially if you don't tell which country they are at first.
This is a fanfiction. You are allowed to use the canon names.
Bluecloud chapter 25 . 3/8
Well, I guess every Hetalia fangirl needs their reccomended intake of GerIta!
Bluecloud chapter 24 . 3/8
FOUR?! But . . . there was five of them . . .
Bluecloud chapter 23 . 3/8
Wait . . . America, England, Russia, China and France are Careers, and they're about to attack Germany, Italy, and Japan . . .
That was on purpose, wasn't it?
Bluecloud chapter 15 . 3/4
Huh . . . normal-gender China is actually crazier and meaner than Fem!China in the Hunger Games . . .
I'll keep that in mind . . . will he ever meet Japan? Will one kill the other? Will they form their own alliance? Guess I'll have to read on . . .
Bluecloud chapter 14 . 3/4
Wait . . . so Monaco was the girl that Katniss said died from the explosion after dropping a wooden ball? Huh. Hardly anybody remembers that part . . .
Bluecloud chapter 11 . 3/4
Wait . . . Cisca is Fem!France, isn't she? Well, I'll find out next chapter . . .
Mjansikka chapter 24 . 11/19/2015
This scene. I love how you recreated it. I have practically read these four stories in a row, and I have to say you are really good at this. I guess I'll read The Rules next.
MarinaTheJolteonMaster chapter 24 . 4/17/2014
Holy F*& shit Ermine is a bad-ass.
theunhappytwins chapter 24 . 6/16/2013
GRANDPA LIGHTNING!
TheMovingChristmasTree chapter 51 . 1/18/2013
OH MY
THATS JUST
D:

So... I really didn't think it was Riben. I had no idea.
The chapter is very depressing though. And very... ugh... It's just so... disgusting. I mean, Riben isn't disgusting, but the Capitol sure is.
ChaoticXXHearts chapter 51 . 1/18/2013
...WELL ****. But I thought- I thought Riben- But Turk- Wasn't there a cannon for- No, there never was a cannon, was there? Making the readers so caught up in the fight they completely forgot there was no cannon for Riben...Well played, madam, well played. BUT MY CHEESE, RIBEN HOLY BALONEYS. I JUST- THE POOR BABY. QAQ And you had him connected to the morphling from Six (Everyone's pointing it out, BUT IT JUST FITS SO WELL.). My flipping...I don't want to curse (Technically I already did, but it's censored so it doesn't count.) BUT THIS SERIOUSLY MAKES ME WANT TO CURSE IN A REVIEW. AGH. WHAT IS LIFE.
DotTheAmazing chapter 51 . 1/18/2013
Oh dear Lord...
Why must you do this to our hearts? You're just- you're just horrible.
And an amazing author.
And absolutely magnificent.
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 51 . 1/18/2013
... And then I saw the title for this chapter, and I thought, "Poison? That sounds like it has more to do with Ermine or Italo or Riben, not Turk..." I'd read the other reviews, of course, and seen some of the uncertainty that Turk was the winner, but I thought he had to be, because if not, who else? I briefly considered Anglynn, but the "four Career faces in the sky," thing made it pretty certain that she had died. So, with some trepidation, I began to read.

I saw "Riben Wang," and my mind exploded.

Freaking ... Journey ... that was the most unexpected twist I've ever seen. I know you've played the fake death card before - twice in this story, even! - but I never thought it'd actually be so plot-critical, and especially happen to a person who doesn't end up dying at all. Just ... Riben. Sweet, shy, timid RIBEN. Not Turk. Riben. And just when I'd realized the symmetry in the ages and districts of the 'Victors,' too. (Bear with my extreme geekiness, but the ages were 13, 15, 16, 18 - the differences between them being 2, 1, 2, get it? And the same thing with their districts - 5, 7, 8, 10. Fascinating, thought I. But NO.) Once I'd gotten over the genius twist, I started to read, thinking, "well, hey, maybe he'll have a happy life, right."

Ha ha ha. I still haven't learned. After two odd years having my hopes brutally, horribly, miserably, unsurvivably smashed into pieces, I haven't learned.

So the Capitol tried to save Turk, but failed - even though Riben was still alive. That, more than anything, chilled me to the bone. They have two kids alive but in critical condition, and they're only going to put their effort into saving the one who's stronger and more popular. As opposed to saving them both. I mean, I didn't expect anything else from the Capitol, but still, ouch. I shudder to think of what they'd have done to Riben if Turk had won. And, you know what, even though Turk killed Nada, I still feel really bad for him. He was a nice guy, never killed when he didn't have to, and tried to play fair until the very end. And he had his brother to go home to. I get the feeling that, if he'd have survived, he'd have had a far better life than Riben. But, no, he died. On some cold operating room table with Capitolians trying to sew up his flesh. Probably the only time a non-Victor tribute's actually died outside of the arena.

Riben. Riben Riben Riben. Watching Italo kill Ermine (which reminds me, was it really an accident or was he a manipulative little traitor way smarter than anyone gave him credit for?) had to have been horrible. And then, and then, AND THEN. The parents. Oh, gosh, the parents. HIS DAD SAID THAT HE HATED HIM. HE HATED HIS TRAUMATIZED THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD SON WHO WAS BEING EMOTIONALLY TORTURED FOR THE CRIME OF NOT KILLING ANYONE. Oh, oh, oh... *Holds head and moans in anguish*

And the morphling. I guess that he's supposed to be the morphling who dies in the Quell? You know, I was originally going to reject the idea of any of the future tributes dying in the Quell (I have a sort of headcanon planned out, which may or may not make its way into Unstained, but we'll see) but I actually don't mind this. Not because I'm a sadist who hates Riben, but because the life he's living now is one worse than death. The morphling in the Quell barely seemed to understand what was going on, and died at the bloodbath, so he didn't have to suffer long. And then he gets to be with China again, instead of continuing to live a lonely, miserable life.

AND HE'S THE POISON. HE'S THE POISON. *Insane laughter* GOSH DARN IT, JOURNEY, I BOTH HATE AND LOVE YOU INTENSELY AT THE SAME TIME. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING THAT'S SO POETIC, SO ORIGINAL, SO FITTING, AND YET SO TWISTED AND EVIL? WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO EMOTIONALLY TIED TO THIS SERIES THAT RIPS OUT MY HEART AND STOMPS ON IT? WHY? WHY? WHY?

My gosh ... *Tries to collect up flood of emotions* That was quite the roller-coaster ride. From intense excitement thinking Nada would be the Victor, to disappointment, sadness and anger, to a slow acceptance, to I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS CHAPTER IS - just - wow. A crazily depressing ending, but a good one. Well-written, I mean. Not happy in any sense of the word. I think, deep down, I'd prefer Turk (or Nada, of course) winning, but this is just ... maybe the greatest and yet the saddest thing you've ever written. Except for IT of course, but we do not speak of IT.

So, yeah. Time to rebuild the shattered pieces of my life, accept that the series is over, and move on to the next great thing. Which will be Break Out and TLWR. Not that I'm done with the Brutal series, of course. Oh, no. I have a whole bunch of Brutal-related junk I was putting off until Miserable was finished, so now there's that to start on. Once I start being able to think again, that is.

Thank you, Number One Fan of Journey. I'm glad you're here with me, here at the end of all things. *Random Lord of the Rings quote*

P.S. Also, the words from the song last chapter were SO very fitting, both for Hunger Games in general and for the chapter. It's foreshadowing, as well, seeing as the narrator (who one could take to be Turk, or at least I did) says "I could be a lucky man, but I'm living in the crossfire of a time that starts to burn." Like, he could easily have won, but time burned away his chance, and he died before the Capitol could save him.