Reviews for Hostage
briancap chapter 9 . 5/15
It started off really good but towards the end things seemed unbelievable or not realistic. First, Tarrlok wanting to help Korra return to Republic City isn't believable at all. He bloodbent her so even if he didn't like Noatak, he couldn't just go to Republic City with Noatak and Korra otherwise he would be in a jail cell beside him. Second, Korra and Tarrlok didn't even talk about his future if they did return to Republic City. Korra made no promises to not turn him into authorities and Tarrlok isn't trusting or naive enough to think Korra wouldn't turn him in because he helped her. Third, Noatak was able to bloodbend multiple people at once so why didn't he just bloodbend Korra and Tarrlok? Fourth, how would they get Noatak to Republic City? Even if they did defeat him and block his chi, he's not going to go along peacefully and I doubt they would drag him back. Would they just tell people that he was a prisoner and she was the Avatar taking him back to Republic City to face justice? Fifth, what made Tarrlok want to turn against Noatak in the first place? You never expanded on that besides Tarrlok thinking Noatak wasn't the same brother. What exactly was the differences? He wasn't hurting, abusing, raping, or murdering anyone so what exactly would cause Tarrlok to turn against him so furiously that he would risk his health and life and possibly his freedom (assuming they somehow got to Republic City and Tarrlok was arrested for his crimes) to turn Noatak into the authorities? This had the potential to be a great story but it just came out not making Amy sense.
Guest chapter 9 . 12/30/2015
Forgot to review this! You write the creepiest, most sociopathic Amon I've ever read. It's brilliant! I'm kind of disappointed that we'll never know what he really thought about bending. Was he a cold, manipulative hypocrite? Or was he really trying to achieve equality (doubtful, in my opinion, since I believe he used bloodbending all along in his fights)? We'll never know... In any case, fascinating story!
Unknown chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
Woah! Why didn't I read this before! This was a great chapter.
cmmill13 chapter 9 . 8/14/2014
I absolutely loved this fic! You're an awesome writer & have an awesome grasp on characterization :)
Guest chapter 9 . 12/3/2013
nice story!
Doodlebug QT chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
Okay so I finally finished your story. There are a few things that I liked and a few that I didn't.

Things that I liked:
Amon was very charismatic, giving him a mysterious and slight addicting kind of charm that I found very intriguing. I was very interested to learn more about his personality and his sureness that he had everything under control and was always one step ahead of his prisoner. I love it when villains are this sly and sexy. ,':)

Things that I didn't like:
The very immature way Korra seems to respond to every dilemma is annoying. I was not pleased by the way she was so obtrusively rude for no reason. I understand that she's in a very traumatic position with being taken prisoner by two bloodbending brothers, but she doesn't have to be visibly snide and uncooperative towards Tarrlok or the townsfolk. I mean if she's going to get Tarrlok to help her, she doesn't need to break his heart to do it, just try being a little more sympathetic and understanding.

I mean she's the Goddamn Avatar: start acting like it woman!
TheWallsWeBreakThrough chapter 9 . 9/27/2013
Loved this.

Have to admit, slightly deflated by the ending. It was a little sudden. But your characterisation was perfect and I managed to love and hate Tarrlok and Noaktak simultaneously. And your Korra is just brilliant - so snide!

You've also got a great writing style. Not overly descriptive, but descriptive enough... If that makes any sense!

All in all, I really really enjoyed this. I had to read it all in one go! A sequel would be most appreciated ;)
lostjoie9 chapter 2 . 8/26/2013
I couldn't even think about what korra was thinking about when amon bloodbended her. Too damned scary for thought!
byuntai chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
I can't believe I'm writing this review now - I just had so much fun reading your fic and despite the slightly dodgy ending I loved it more than any other Amorralok fic that I've read...or any other LoK fic, even. I was kind of looking forward to another event but like you said in the last chapter I'm still glad you ended it instead of just leaving it unfinished. AND PLEASE UPLOAD THE DRABBLES. I've read The Greatest Trophy of the Revolution as well and I just can't get enough of your fic ;_; Also the sequel, too! Please YOUR FIC IS LIKE OXYGEN IN MY LIFE NOW I'LL GLADLY THROW AWAY MY DIGNITY JUST PLEASE ;_;
the dark euphie chapter 9 . 7/11/2013
I was actually hoping for something a little different, but I do like this. Noa got his ass kicked finally. I'd love to see a sequel to this. Tarrlok and Korra seem to have grown up finally.
aeva elementia chapter 8 . 5/23/2013
They probably won't make it- but an effort is important :D
Patiently, I await the next chapter.
aeva elementia chapter 7 . 5/23/2013
Okay, Noatak's voyeurism is disturbing. I do like that you've written him in this intelligent madman vein.
aeva elementia chapter 6 . 5/23/2013
Yup, definitely a 'Strings' fan. :D
And now, their UST's about to turn into smut!
aeva elementia chapter 5 . 5/23/2013
Now she's feeling it too... I wonder how long it'll take them to get to it.
aeva elementia chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
The unfortunate usually listen to any hope-giving tale...
And now the UST is between all three...