Reviews for Prayers of a Mad God
Guest chapter 1 . 11/16/2016
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THIS IS A STOLEN EDITED REPOST OF A MUCH BETTER WORK IT'S BEEN SIX YEARS SINCE THE ORIGINAL WAS TAKEN DOWN AND I'M STILL BITTER ALSO DON'T STEAL PEOPLE'S FIC
Drink War chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This was so fantastic!
jen81265 chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Love the story! good voice.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
You know...

This was quite possibly my favorite fic on the site. Certainly my favorite PiQard fic in existence.

And then the original author, DeathAndPants, deleted it. I was so upset; I searched everywhere for a cached or archived copy, but alas! Nothing to be found.

And then I saw that you'd uploaded it. I was thrilled - another fan of this story posting it again! Except that 1) you -changed it- (and not, I'm sad to say, in a way I'd consider to be for the better) and 2) YOU CLAIMED IT WAS YOURS. (Unless you -are- DeathAndPants, in which case I apologize, but you really should have said something about the change in accounts. Also, I highly doubt it, because the parts you've changed differ enough in style and syntax from the original to be a bit jarring.) Please don't do that! I LOVED LOVED LOVED the original and would've heaped praise upon you if you'd just posted it as-is and SAID IT WASN'T YOURS. As it is, I'm just disappointed.
murderousfiligree chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
I just read "I,Q" and I wanted to re-read this and now I am drowning in feelings
Lady of the Shards chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Oh, that was beautiful.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Great job with this! You captured Q's personality perfectly. His ramblings are quirky, full of humor and emotion at the same time. I love the concept of a proverbial truck hitting Q at twelve times the speed of light. Yes, that is the kind of love truck that could knock out a god.

Also, this line caught my eye due to it's poetic beauty:

"...so I lean in and kiss him, because that's what life is: not about the past or the future but the present, the now, and the potential that the now has for being equally terrible and wonderful." (I cut it short because that sentence was a bit of a run on, but Q seems to gab without pause anyways, so it fits).

Thank you for sharing this delightful story with us!
writerofprose chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
This is WONDERFUL. It's so nice to see someone get Q right.
tapacamino chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Love this! One of the best short Picard/Q fics I've read, and very in character.
SlushK chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This was so adorable. And kind of sad for a bit, because it's true. The funny thing is how canon this all is, though - let alone the fact you kept Q so remarkably in character. Great job with this.
Jordan Trevor chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Very entertaining! Q’s thoughts were so very “Q.” Great image of Q being caught like a deer in the headlights. And the loneliness of a forever before Picard and after Picard – and his realization that even a Q must learn to live in the present – wonderfully written! Thanks for sharing.