Reviews for Footsteps
DentedAluminum chapter 3 . 7/22
It is 3:30 A.M. My pillowcase is soaked with silent tears and choked breaths. I only wish I could leave a more eloquent review for such a story. Thank you.
Fyoex chapter 3 . 7/17
Oh ohhhh my gosh, that was so hauntingly beautiful! This really touched my heart, great work!
gretellin chapter 3 . 6/3
this was a very beautiful story, thanks for writing it, (‿)
Freedom-is-key chapter 3 . 6/2
I decided to do a reread of sorts for the first fanfic things I ever read. This is one of them. You win. The most upsetting thing I think I've read fanfic wise. You beat DOLFIN. Congratulations. This is so well made, and oh so upsetting.
LadyInRedz chapter 3 . 4/21
wow this is nicely done, and it hurt a lot. I like how the constant reminder was the footsteps
Maeneth chapter 3 . 4/6
My heart broke along with Ludwig's the further I read. I cried, and that happens almost never when I read a fic. But this one... Oh, this fic was heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. You have an astounding talent, my dear. Thank you for writing this.
KKtheRipper chapter 3 . 1/10
So screwed up this fic...made me cry so much, but amazing at the same time. You have talent and I think you did a great job in writing this. :)
TheCombatWombat chapter 3 . 10/7/2014
This was really a beautiful story. It was so sad and so heartbreaking. You really captured the characters so realistically - I really like how dynamic you made them as they each reacted to FFI, like how Ludwig wasn't always serious, but a real person. I also like how there was little dialogue between the characters, and when it was, it just captured them perfectly. This was just so sad and I cried a little, which is a good thing in this case. This is now officially one of my favorite fanfictions.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/24/2014
Wow. This was so powerful. I sobbed my eyes out. You truely have a talent for writing. Wow. Just wow.
Minille chapter 3 . 8/13/2014
Why do you have to be such a good writer? Now I'm crying my eyes out. It seems it doesn't matter whatever you write about, or which pairing (or no pairing), it is still impossibly great and just so very perfect. I love this story too, just like I seem to love all of your other stories. I don't know how you do it, but I am in absolute awe of your talent, and of your genius. The depth of your stories, and the faithful-to-reality portrays of the psychological mechanisms are just astonishing. I'm just so glad that you write in the Hetalia-fandom so that I had a chance of finding your work.

This story hit me especially hard, since I'm at the moment working with patients suffering from dementia and people suffering personality change and brain damage from stroke or head trauma, and god I really felt with Ludwig, the one who had to take the brunt of the pain. I just cried during the entire story. It is often the people left behind, the relatives and friends and lovers that suffers the most, especially when they try to take care of them themselves at home.

You write about this in the most beautiful and honest manner, which only makes it even more heartbreaking.
Emma chapter 3 . 7/31/2014
Even thought this story brought me to the verge of tears, I love it.

I have always had a strange liking to tradgic stories, and this is one of the most heart-wrenching, sorrowful stories I have ever read.

I love how this is something similar to 'Romeo and Juliet'. You know that they are going to die at the end, but you still fall into a false security of easiness and tranquility at the start, even though you hear that little voice saying 'Someone's gonna die at the end of this, why do you feel hope you stupid eejit!'. But you can't stop the corners of your lips from creeping up, even though there is that little ball of dread in the corner of your mind.

Then chapter two comes along to kick you in the groin and steal all your money from your wallet as you writhe in pain on the floor.

Oh my god. This chapter rips out your heart and eats it while you watch in terror at the scene that unfolds upon you. You can feel the agony, frustration and pain these three characters go through, and that's takes some great writing to make me, as the locals here say, 'drown in feels'( even though I'm far from a tourist here, I just haven't quite gotten down the lingo yet). The hopelessness and despair surrounds you aswell as the other characters and makes this a difficult, yet beautiful thing to read.

Then comes along chapter three.

I thought it was done, I thought it was over with, but you pulled me back into that cradle of relaxed peace, and I hate myself for letting that happen to me.

This did everything chapter two did and also pissed on you face and cramed your mouth with dirt as it laughed manically at your stupidity. And also seasoned your still beating heart with rosemary and sautayed it for twenty minutes before eating it with a steak knife and fork.

Why? 'Coz Chap Thrizzle aint got no tyme for yo mo'fo' shizzle!

I was calm, I accepted the crushing sadness of the previous chapter. I was reading the relationship between Ludwig and Lovino grow. I saw them moving on, however little, and I was happy for them. Halfway through I realised your master plan and I just uttered the words, '... Oh shit.'

You nearly broke me. And I applaude you for that. And I loathe myself for not seeing it coming, because it was honestly bigger than a Titan and The Abominable Snowman's love child. This is an utterly agonising, traumatising, tear-jerking, and yet beautiful, awe inspiring and the closest to perfect writing I have ever laid eyes on. I am glad I read this, and I am glad that others have too, because this is fucking amazing, and that is all I can say about this story.
Malta-chan765 chapter 3 . 7/28/2014
Holy shit. I loved that. I cried. I haven't felt a fan fiction in my heart like I did with this one in years. I will never forget it ever! God, I'm crying now. This was amazing. Absolutely amazing. I'll have to say, anyone can write fan fiction, but only you can write it like this. Hehe, sucky reference, but who cares? This was beautiful. God, I cried.
Dr. Doitsu chapter 3 . 7/28/2014
Oh my goodness...I..this is amazing and sad and ..bittersweet is really the only word I can use to describe it oh my goodness you're an amazing writer and this is...wow
Lapulta J.R.R. Cahill chapter 3 . 7/18/2014
I'm reading this story for a second time: I don't remember if I reviewed it the first time or not. I might have been waiting for the right moment, but it never came and eventually reviewing got lost in a slew of other things.

But I remember this story. I remember my pain, and I remember listening to the words, and I remember the tears, and I shouldn't have read it again. I knew better - it was pretty stupid. But I wanted to /feel/ and you wrote the pain, and you wrote Ludwig's misery and I'm feeling it as if it were my own. I feel his joy and his scars, and they're so bloody it hurts.

Lovino hurts the most though: with Feliciano it's painful, like closing a folder on a papercut. Lovino opens the wound. I have to hate him here; hate him because I love him so much and it makes it twice as painful.

This whole story; it's so painful to me, but I guess- I guess I can only really say thank you. Thank you for writing this story. Thank you for making me weep. Thank you for making me understand what a loss to this feels like. Thank you for everything. You are one fucking helluva writer; so damn much.
Maicera chapter 3 . 5/22/2014