Reviews for Affinity
The Rahkshi Writer chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
Aw shucks, you're making me blush! Well, I'll try to live up to the hype:

And so, the plot thickens! Won't say too much on the big twist to avoid spoilers, but I can't wait to find out more! Even if the truth sounds... unpleasant for our friend the blacksmith.

Liara sounded just fine, and the ending notes 'at the computer' were pretty funny because to be honest a lot of my online conversations eventually reach that confession!

It was also neat to see some references to prior chapters, first and foremost obviously being Blacksmith and Cypher, but I noticed Sayaek was in the upper echelons of that party too.

In any case, great work as usual, and why yes I would be interested in reading about Blacksmith's history. We must know more about the incident!
The Rahkshi Writer chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
Aww... Lots of cute stuff in the last two chapters! Since I'm too lazy to post two reviews, I'll divide this one into two:

Chapter 3: Really liked the contrast between the raw power of the N7 Destroyer and the fears of the man inside the suit, as well as his own awareness of that. It was also very sweet when Daniel's father was critising his marksmanship like a father would his son, apparently without realising who he was talking to. Guess they both missed each other alot.

Chapter 4: So many multiplayer references indeed! Pretty fun to read what was essentially a regular multiplayer game, complete with, in my case, a clear split in the competence of the top half of the leaderboard and the bottom. A pity I'm always near the bottom... But I digress. The interactions between Zaegan and Ray as they built up their friendship were nice to see, and show clear development between each scene. The Battlemaster and Justicar were also, despite low screen time, memorable.

In conclusion, another pair of solid chapters with excellent characterisation. Keep 'em comin'!
Ancolie chapter 3 . 10/10/2012
This is wonderfully written so far; I particularly enjoyed Cypher, because who doesn't love geth? Also, kudos to you for making a Batarian a sympathetic law-bringer and breaking down some stereotypes, haha. There's really a dearth of good multiplayer stories, but I love reading about other people's characters and the thought that goes into them. I'm looking forward to more!
The Rahkshi Writer chapter 2 . 8/25/2012
Apologies for the late review! Very late. I was planning to review chapters 2 and 3 in one go, but I don't know when I'll get around to reading that one. I'm intrigued by your comments in the author's notes that this is going somewhere, as opposed to just a series of one-shots, which is great because I really want to know what's going on here! Cypher's 'analysis' of emotional responses, or at least his manipulation of them, was intriguing, though befitting of a newly-sentient synthetic. His taking out of the mercs is just befitting of any synthetic, and completely awesome. Also intrigued by the mentions of Event 6-40-6, seems you have something a bit more interesting in mind than 'shoot, jump or hold'. It was also a neat reference to the fact that the codex is written 'in-game', so it wouldn't have the details on what occured. But what was Shepard's decision in the Crucible in these stories' settings? The lack of reapers implies it was destruction, but not sure. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to review chapter 3 soon, and keep it up!
The Rahkshi Writer chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
This was amazing! At first I wasn't sure what this was going to be like, but from the moment Sayaek's boots hit the ground on Illium, it was obvious that this was going to be an interesting read. The character you've created here is really interesting, and also pretty damn badass, as is befitting such a character. I hope you plan to continue this, as it's a really interesting premise and in your hands it looks like a brilliant one.