Reviews for Mousetrap
Cheshire chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
I enjoyed this story of what happened in Spellhold. Imoen and Xzar's conversation was... fitting. I was rather amused by the interjections from the face-borrowing girl and Tiax.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
This is great. Xzar is awesome and Imoen is also pretty cool. You should write more small character bits like this, you're good at it.
Neleothesze chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Awesome! Loved it from start to finish... I'm so glad whenever I find a fic with Xzar. And you wrote him so close to how he appeared in the games (or how I saw him).
He was one of my favourites from BG and, like you, I was devastated that they had him killed in BG2. He won my lady over with his wacky comments. " Your voice is sweet ambrosia".
My Good PCs didn't care one whit that he was evil and my Evil PCs fell in love with the crazy guy. Maybe because he's insane but he's one of the easier characters to bond with. When roleplaying you don't have to spend obscene amounts of time trying to understand 'what drives him and how to act around him' because he probably doesn't know it himself most of the time. Since my PCs do most everything on a whim, they were like two peas in a pod.
Zireael07 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
This is brilliant!
Driven by Apathy chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
"Inevitable giant rat encounter". Heh. Imoen once again proves herself the most genre savy person in all of Faerun.

Beautiful characterization here. Almost makes me want to reinstall Baldur's Gate 2.
RPGgirl514 chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
This was really cute! I liked it a lot. BG is one of my first fanfiction loves, I've been writing for it since 2000. I'm excited for the new version to come out this summer!
laudanum86 chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
So! I liked your idea of filling the blank that is Imoen during her time in the asylum; so much of it remains untold, the months spend in there, waiting... all the while Charname is busy with solving the side-quests! The discussion between Xzar and Imoen was interesting (if disturbing ;)), and so was the characterisation - I liked Imoen's memories in particular, and her dry comments (how all the adventurers started with rodent hunting...). Good on you for posting it! Hope to see more of your works!
NoNameAvailable Bis chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Wow. Loved it. Your take on Imoen and Xzar was impressive, and ringed quite true. And I feel for Immy, to think that Xzar, of all people, would come out of an asylum before her, that must be depressing. Not to mention, months in here ? Seriously, Charname, quit screwing around with every mad case that Amn has to offer and move your ass in here right now !

Speaking of which, I liked the way Charname was almost totally absent of this fic. Be it KotOR, Neverwinter, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, and of course Baldur's Gate, I always find the supporting cast far more interesting than a blank slate main character who tend to steal all the spot light by being awesome incarnate. Gets tiresome after a while.

Anyway, I disgress. This was easily the best Baldur's Gate story I've read in ages, and I hope your muse will give you many, many more ideas !
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
This was good! I love the concept of Xzar and Imoen interacting in Spellhold. And I enjoy the way you write Xzar very much - I think your take on his insanity fits very well with his canon lines, and I love an insane-but-insightful Xzar. I liked the line about the lagomorphs in particular, and your description of the Xzar/Montaron hate-romance! The sword-sharpening and the dummies-set-on-fire were excellent touches. And the discussion on necromancy was also extremely fascinating. The talk about the book Xzar wanted to read and couldn't was also rather sad and touching-a plight of any mage and book-lover. And the line comparing Imoen's hair to an octopus' colouring! There were so many little moments here that I wonted to pick out and quote back, but the trouble is that there were so many I found it hard to think of where to start. Your characterisation of Imoen in her imprisonment is also good, mixing with her coming to gradual realisation of her Bhaalspawn nature. I love the unlikely alliance between these inmates.

Welcome to the BG section! I hope you write more, because I loved reading this fic. :) Beautifully done.