Reviews for Circle of Stones
linchpin-cuteness chapter 2 . 11/23/2012
I cried again! This story was so powerful! Especially b/c I also played Noble Maiden Fair (A Mhaighdean Bhan Uasal). Hearing mom and daughter sing really set the mood! Great job! You have a way of touching people with your writing! :)
linchpin-cuteness chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I listened to one of the soundtrack songs "Learn Me Right" while reading this. Hearing that amazing song with this story made me cry. Its so sweet! _ I think you really captured Elinor's internal feelings!
HAFanForever chapter 2 . 11/18/2012
I'm sure that Merida felt she deserved to be killed if Elinor became a wild bear, but she was willing to risk it, which may explain why she snuggled up to her.

Good addition of times when Merida was young to show that Elinor HAD always been there for her, and I'm sure she would ask herself when times changed so much between them that they were no longer as close as they used to be, especially since they are both so prideful and Merida felt by this point (with the suitors and Elinor's nagging in those princess lessons) that she hated her mother for not showing so much care about her own desires and needs.

I knew that once she felt her mother's hand on her hair, she would be shocked and hardly daring to hope that it happened. But like Elinor said, this experience changed them both for the better. :)
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
You know, in the moment here where Elinor's eyes turn cold black, it seemed like she was trying to say something to Merida in bear language...maybe she felt it was already too late and she was saying "I'm sorry" or even "I love you."

When Merida told Elinor that she loves her, that's what made Elinor change back, and luckily it happened before the sun came up completely. I guess even the animators couldn't really show when Elinor actually changed back, but it was subtle because after showing the tapestry, they cut to Merida crying and we don't see the figure of a bear...and it shows it worked when Elinor's hand appears to stroke Merida's hair, and feeling that helped her realize it.

The sweetest moment in there was Elinor laughing and kissing Merida all over the face after she changes back. She probably hasn't been that affectionate to Merida in a very long time. But now their love for each other has been restored. :D
Ceikaiyia Cheeks chapter 2 . 7/14/2012
This is beautiful! You really got the feelings of Merida and Elinor down pack. Keep up the good work and please make more!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/14/2012