Reviews for Decisions
fictienthrall chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
This helps. There was much that Rowling only hinted at about Snape's background and it used to frustrate the daylights out of me while I was reading HP. I began inventing my own and reading fanfics to find out what other people thought until I'm no longer sure if what I 'recall' came from HP canon or other people's opinions or my own weavings. It is, therefore, extremely helpful when the author I'm reading actually states what they are using! Write on, dream weaver!-)
Velvet Storm chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Curiosity picqued. Excellent tone-setting. Heading to the main story now. :)
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
The problem with reviewing something with chapters in it is that many initial questions or concerns are addressed later in the piece!

Hatred kindled/would smoulder: I loved this extended metaphor! This is good writing.

I realize we are following Snape (as Ursa is just a character to develop his), but I would have liked to see more of the debate between the Death Eaters at Malfoy Mansion. You tell us, versus showing us, and I think that angry shouts, insults, and slamming fists could have hyped the tension to a new level.

I don't want to sound like Emeril, but don't be afraid to kick it up a notch by raising the stakes-you will not sound melodramatic. This is a war that has suddenly lost its leader-or even a terrorist group. Maybe go online and read up about terrorists and splinter groups from main organizations to get a feel of how realistic this situation is. Bring out what it is about Malfoy's personality and Fincastle's that makes them disagree on this point. What are their hopes, fears, motivations? Tell us specifically why the death eaters cannot trust each other now that Voldemort is gone. (For instance, Sirius Black has been apprehended as a Death Eater and a spy. THEY all know him to be a member of the Order, or at least a suspected member. Does this scare them? Infuriate them that one of that ilk could ever be mistaken as one of their own? Or does it promise them victory because the Ministry is so confused and relieved that now could potentially be a sign of weakness?) The more actual, concrete details you can give us, even if it is just a name, place, or a spell that was used, will help make this feel more realistic.

I liked seeing Snape's compassionate side. He is so enigmatic towards the Death Eaters, and even with Ursa (not telling her it is Dumbledore, I presume), but he does have a heart behind all the masks, and occasionally it is good to be reminded!

Lasgalendil
DeceptionX33 chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Absolutely positively brilliant. This is very well written and you executed Snape's character wonderfully.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
This was brilliant. I'm impressed that you had so much faith that Snape was on the right side so long before the end of the series. I always thought he "probably" was, but not enough to commit myself totally. The two factions of Death eaters disagreeing on how to react to Voldemort's disappearance is totally believable. Lucius was wonderfually in character too.
Besarien chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
This was a wonderful read. I loved the interplay between Snape and Malfoy and the "as much as you ever could" line.
Vilya0 chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
Hullo! Me again! Nice prequel. Snape's dialogue is so Snape-like, it's amazing. Well, I'm off to read your other fics. I wish you good recovery from last night ;). Mara mesta.
Writer of Fantasy chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
I read this to see if I wanted to read the rest of your stories. You convinced me, well done! It's a really good piece of fic.
Maria chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
Very good.
Zyrorai chapter 1 . 8/25/2003
Great fic! I really enjoyed reading it! (now I'll have to go read your others) Great job!
Neci chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
Aww, poor Severus! Interesting take on the events following Voldemort's defeat. I'd always assumed that everything got suddenly easier for the spies- but I think this is much more likely. Excellent work. Now I'll have to read the rest of the series...
fanfictionsissy chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Scary. Brilliant, but scary.
StrangelilGirl chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
poor snape. I can see why you have a following of readers. this is very addictive. I'm on to reading the main attraction now. Great Job!

Cheers!
Bellisario chapter 1 . 12/17/2002
aahh! it's so .. so sad! .. hnn . . .it's all dark outside.. and rainy.. and cold... hnn. . . .depressing enough! .. but i still really really like the story! *nervous laugh* ... i should go hide under a blancet now..

(i stay put on my opinion that you write like jk! grrreat that is .. *jealous*)

(i read WWaS beofre this one.. but what the heck..i believe it's awesome anyways) *grin*

/bell
this person here chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
Hey yeah u did real good i like the start so far but i just have one bone to pick and that is the fact the dumbledore waasnt headmaster when snape at school. Im not sure who it was, its in the third book. Tatata