Reviews for Ironies
Xehanort10 chapter 1 . 5/12
This is a great interpretation of Granny Keeny's backstory. And yes Jonathan will literally be the death of her.
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
A very interesting take on Mary Keeny, to be sure, especially since I've always wondered why she was so cruel to Jonathan. She's still in-character, and certainly a very unpleasant person, but as you point out she is still human for all that. I found her vague affection, tinged with loathing and disdain, for young Jonathan particularly striking. The ending was very ironic, considering what Jonathan does to Mary when he becomes older. Baby Jonathan was surprisingly sweet, too. You do a great job with both characters here, and I liked the information on the Keeny family at the end. As usual, very fluidly written, great use of vocabulary and dialogue, and excellent characterization.

Great work. I look forward to reading more stories, and good job making Mary such a complex character here.
AnnaMNR chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
You really get Granny Keeny's character 3
Kabuki1 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Damn this was good!
Sylvia1 chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
This was a really fascinating piece. I'm always curious to hear more from Crane's creepy great-grandmother. She's an important part of his life even decades after her death, and this is an unusually good story of her. Not that she was kind or compassionate to Jonathan. I'm always amazed he ended up lasting as long as he did living with her.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Great story! There's more I hope.
Someone chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
I think the reason that Christians initially celebrated Christmas in December was to encourage pagans to convert. I believe the early Church did this with several holidays, and was apparently successful.