Reviews for Hard Head
cmr2014 chapter 1 . 6/10
Somebody wrote a fic for an awesome movie, yes!

"...rules of warfare..."
It is my firm belief that the rules of warfare are set by the instigator.
Mercy is deserved only by those who have shown it.

There was one paragraph there - you were nice enough to define VOCG, you could have defined some of the stuff in that paragraph, like defining up top what an Apache is, in order to take out some of the redundant stuff in that paragraph, because it just felt a little to non-military to me and for the benefit of civilian readers.
I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but I pictured the soldiers I know saying that paragraph, and there was a bunch of stuff cut out/shortened.
Of course, it's been a while since I saw the movie and maybe Santos is just really wordy.

Oh hell yeah - sounds like he emptied his whole mag into that thing. Nice.

"No plan survives contact with the enemy."
Indeed, that's why he's called the enemy.

People who get happy endings always make me jealous. Good on ya, Staff - sorry, Gunny now.

My heart always quickens when I read that speech. It holds true to bands of brothers on either side of the line.
writeroneday chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Very well written, good tight story line, really enjoyed it...Love the Band of Brothers quote from Henry the V, one of my favorites...Keep up the writing...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Heck yeah! Yet another movie I absolutely loved, and great to see another fic from you my dear! Love the glimpse into Marine protocols - that's the one branch that I don't actually know any members of personally lol.