Reviews for The Leaf Lizard and the Jungle Princess
dolphinrain chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
Very fun story. Poor Sid! Hey, Sid, we'll work together so you can have the princess and I'll take the houseboy. What do you say?
Old Bear chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
What an amusing and well written short story. I love it.

Thanks
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
That was a delightful story! Thank you for sharing it, Bingo!
Gemini Explorer chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Bingo-

This is one of your best fics, and shows a greater knowledge of certain things than I realized that you had. I mean the way that some lizards' tails snap off if seized by a predator.

Sidney reminds me of the Geico gecko that does TV insurance ads. I share his interest in Veronica; she's a doll. And many a man would like to see her in the shower! To be sure, a lot of girls have tales of how they've dated men they compared to lizards...or wolves!

I have a few lizards in my own fics, all posted here in the Mature section. They make good additions to jungle stories. Mine were usually African species, strangely on the Plateau, like the Nile monitor in, "A Tryst in the Treehouse." But it bit Veronica; didn't kiss her. Ned wasn't amused: he shot the big lizard.

I laughed out loud when the reptilian suitor left flies on Vee's pillow. He should have left Ghiradelli chocolate squares! But I guess that chocolate would melt in that climate, even if he found any at the Zanga mall.

Sid's description of the raven-haired harpy was also funny. I had no problem figuring out who that was! And I can totally see Marguerite trying to kill the lovelorn lizard.

The note writing was clever, but couldn't Veronica tell Ned's handwriting from that of a lizard who couldn't spell any better than Finn could when she arrived? I did miss Finn in the story. I wonder how the lizard would describe her? Would Finn see him as a practice target for her crossbow or try to eat him? Use him for fish bait? Would Sidney call her the sarcastic- but- caring beauty who helped the old guy in the lab and hope that the two of them didn't blow up the Treehouse?

I guess the story had a happy ending for Sidney. He isn't the only male who'd like to get into Veronica's halter top! I loved her outfit, am quite sure it was the main reason why most guys watched the show. Actually, she had, I think, three outfits. They differed in subtle detail, but all were cute.

What will become of Sidney when Vee discovers him in her bosom? If he's lucky, she won't hide him in Marguerite's bed, boot, or handbag. I can see her doing that, maybe at Ned's suggestion. He probably wanted to get back at Marg. for all the problems she caused him. Calling Ned the houseboy was a nice touch, too.

Overall, this was a clever story, quite funny. I laughed in the right places, and really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it.

Gemini Explorer