Reviews for All Those Years Ago
I love this fanfiction so much and I just noticed you haven't updated it since 2012 I'm super sad about this and it is now 2015.
caitie5011 chapter 54 . 8/8
Please Update! I love this story sooo much!
catspats31 chapter 1 . 7/6
While the writing quality of your story is great, please note this part of the Content Guidelines:

"FanFiction is not an archive for non-fanfiction literary works. Please visit FictionPress to publish your non-fanfiction literary works."

I kindly suggest that you move this story to FictionPress unless you use characters from the "Across The Universe" movie.
update! the story is really good
pokelover95078 chapter 54 . 7/2
This is by far one of the best I've ever read ;; gaah but it destroys my heart crie pleease continue 3 3
just found this. really continue
Iisa chapter 53 . 4/30
Please update I love reading the story :)
Menna chapter 53 . 3/31
I've read this whole story in a couple of days and I need to know what happens next and how it goes amd how it ends so please update and also can Rach forgive paul already? I am tired of all this drama and I feel frusturated myself xD and tell me how long do you expect this story to be?
S.A chapter 53 . 1/23
Hello! New reader here. I have stalked this site for quite a while (years, literally) and this is the first review I have done. So bear with me, please!

First of all, I read this entire story from start to finish whenever I could get the chance. The way you such your reader into the action kept me going, even if the pacing is somewhat slow. I have to say that there are long periods of time where the story leaves the reader mildly depressed and even frustrated since there seems to be so little reward for reading about the characters sulk for so long. However, the way you handle drama makes it really worth it. The dialogue is actually believable and Paul and Rachel seem believable as well. The only problem with the characters I have is what I just explained. Rachel, especially, seems to have a ton of emotional baggage what with her initial reason for not wanting any sort of romantic relationship with Paul in the first ten chapters or so. I didn't quite get what Rachel was afraid of until it was revealed about 10-20 chapters later (which ended up being longer than necessary, personally). Seeing Rachel treat Paul so coldly seemed a little unfair in my eyes, and although that is simply my opinion, having a guy that will take care of the kids and thinks the world of you and the children is enough to get me to treat him with at least a hint of respect. I quickly categorized Rachel as the "bad guy" for this reason and I don't think I was supposed to, especially in chapters 45-52 of the story when the kids were so obviously pained by the break-up, and even getting Ted involved hasn't phased her, I began to seriously think that she is quite selfish and yet we read that Paul continues to blame himself. The fact that Rachel can't let a single thing go (even when Paul had left Dot... before he was even an adult?) further frustrates me and becomes a roadblock for the story's progression and character development in my opinion.

That being said, my dear... I have quite a lot of praise for you! I hope you take what I've just said as a suggestion rather than a jab at your skill, because I'm certainly not criticizing your ability to keep a reader engaged. The tension was constantly high and there was always a problem lingering that needed to be solved. It kept me turning the pages. In spite of the slow plot (the slowness does not bother me much as the drawn out periods of pure, mad depression) I was in love with how Paul was written and was concerned for him about the entire time. I could feel Paul's heart break. Just shatter. Mine followed soon after. I might not be on the same page as Rachel, but I felt connected with the way Paul's character was written. I can't help but sympathize with this guy and the way he truly cares for his family; and often I can't understand why Rachel doesn't like that, but oh, that's just why I keep reading and hoping for change! The chapters near the end with Lily broke my heart all over again. Your words have serious power, and in the last few chapters, you really let it loose. I have to applaud the scene when Paul was signing the contract. Everything just felt so unfair to Paul and I, and I think my heartstrings were tugged so hard they snapped. The pacing of that scene was largely what sold me.

The climax of the story seems to have been reached at this point, but it's not over yet! I am looking forward to a resolution. The entire world seems to have crashed. I have not been this excited over any sort of fanfiction yet; if I even want to call it that. I just read a book, it seems!

I urge you to continue. I really don't want to be left with a cliffhanger like this (especially after how close I am with the characters now)! I hope you enjoy updating this story, because I would love to see it finish.
I read the story and liked it. Poset new chapters please!
Guest chapter 53 . 12/30/2014
Please update soon!
Guest chapter 53 . 12/28/2014
Guest chapter 52 . 8/7/2014
I'm assuming you are not planning to write anymore judging by the date of this wish you would,I did enjoy it and wish you had finished it.
Guest chapter 52 . 2/9/2014