Reviews for The High Price Of Mind Control Removal
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 2/25
Oh, lovely! Frigga said Loki was good at adapting already-there technology even if he didn’t develop his own—so I expect him to have fun with the human tech that Tony already has.
excessivelyperky chapter 30 . 2/21
Ah, yes, it would make sense that asking for food or water in any way at all would set up a trigger—it’s based on intent, not method. Tony made a good fix for it, though. And Loki took Frigga’s departure well.

I’m glad everyone clarified why they had anger, though, since Loki would think it’s always directed at him (and considering how often in Asgard it *was*, oh well).

Excellent chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 29 . 12/25/2015
This is a wonderful chapter-Loki has a way to make his needs known, and a likelihood of being listened to.

And this is such a huge step forward.
excessivelyperky chapter 28 . 10/7/2015
Yes...things are better now between Loki and Thor than they ever were. If Thor was allowed to do stuff to Loki, but not the other way around-that's not equals, or even being brothers.

Such a simple prank. But it means so much.
excessivelyperky chapter 27 . 10/6/2015
Oh, this is a lovely chapter. Loki has more words, and is thinking of his first prank in a long time. A very mild, childish one, but still a prank. And Bruce found a way to let Loki know when he is safe around him-huge progress.
crazybanana4loki chapter 32 . 10/3/2015
WHAT! that's it? oh goodness you make seem like a cliffy, please continue the story you have my ever so want to know the ending. by the way marvelous job just marvel-ous does you see thee pun there does you?!
excessivelyperky chapter 26 . 8/28/2015
Another wonderful chapter. Loki is making progress, and may yet surprise them all.

Nowadays Dr. Banner would just buy a Fitbit or an Apple Watch and people would just think 'boy, being a doctor means having money to throw around'. But I can see where that purchase might trigger some exciting speculation for *him*.

And Loki has figured out that he's Thor's brother...but not Odin's son.
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 8/22/2015
Interesting summary of events way higher up the food chain. No, Lady Death is likely *not* happy at all with whoever has been messing with her consecrated child. And when Lady Death ain't happy, ain't NO one happy; most likely there will be fallout for the bad guy, and Dr. Strange is likely to be drafted to help as the local expert on the main victim. (he probably doesn't know that yet, but I suspect he won't be terribly surprised, either).

Tony is showing unexpected maturity through all this-he may end up properly socialized someday whether he likes it or not.

And Steve is now feeling Protective. And when Captain America feels Protective, Stuff Happens.

Loki? Still pretty confused, but headed in the right direction.
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 7/13/2015
If he's just merely *thinking* about pulling a minor prank, then he is on the way to recovery, however slow and awkward and painful it will all be. Merely considering the possibility of defiance is such a huge thing considering all that he has been through.

So, he slept like a baby-crying all night and needing to be cuddled. Glad his parents were there to do it.
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 6/23/2015
Yes, he's beginning to realize his possible future as That Uncle, and doesn't like it, but doesn't see much alternative; he's feeling *safe* enough to react, and what's more, feeling safe enough to show that reaction and trust the people around him not to beat him for it.

He has made lots of progress.
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 6/12/2015
Oh, yes, Frigga is pleased that Loki is more what he truly always was now than perhaps he has ever been.

Being free to act on how he really is (showering in glacier water) might also help him recover faster than always having to pretend as well.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 6/5/2015
With all those fluids, and they never thought of a bathroom break? Aiieee. Surprised Dr. Banner didn't warn them about the need there. Ah well, water or something like it over the dam.

Hope Loki can manage the parental visit all right, though.

And Thor is about to learn about what most Asgardians *really* think about Frost Giants.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 5/28/2015
Yes, Loki is a lot more *there*. (and I can see him bitching about only getting water and everyone else getting Strawberry Nectar of the Gods. I really can. Without even using any words).

This is really good progress.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 5/25/2015
That was a lovely near-death experience for Loki, who needed comfort from his own original kind a lot.

And the Avengers are on the job (oh, yeah, the alarms would be *so* unhappy till they were gaffed...).

I am glad that Frigga is so protective. I wonder along with her what Odin is seeing, though?
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 5/24/2015
Oh, dear. "Then I sat inside my hell and held the hand of Death..." (cf "Come to My Window", Melissa Etheridge). Poor Loki, I hope Thor can return soon.