Reviews for The Painted Grey
xXimmortalXx chapter 28 . 4/5/2013

TheLastPhenom chapter 33 . 12/23/2012
Such a shame :(
Azzorath chapter 33 . 12/16/2012
And so ends the life and legacy of The Painted Gray. There is really nothing to say but what a journey is has been. Unfortunately, it ended in a whisper, rather than a bang. Things have changed, people have changed, and even you: Zal, have changed. Personally I am not happy to see this. I don't think any of the followers are happy with this. But what has happened has happened. As someone who spoke with you constantly every day during your writing I think we hit off probably one of the best of friendships someone could have online. but as you've become increasingly less frequent on Steam, I felt like we lost something. I don't know if we could ever recapture that, but that is not why I'm here, I here to list my FINAL review for The Painted Gray.

As we all know, the story is not complete, so idea's, concepts, plot's and dialogue will never come to light. But with that in mind, how does the story stack up with what we have?

Fair note: I will do my best not to sugar coat it: I will be 100% honest.

The story overall is well written, many ideas are explored where they are not in the original, but in some places the story goes a little too far away from the source material, going from a overtly dramatic depressed Shepard to a maniac serial destructive Shepard. It is as if he had Bi-polar ism. Going from happy to angry to depressed in moments. Granted, if I remember correctly, you went back to fix some of the overt drama. But it really wasn't coherent.

Bug's aside, I felt like this was a wild ride. From start to the pre-mature finish, I'm glad to say I was a part of it. Evan, It's been an honor helping you write, and I'm glad to have called you my friend. This doesn't it's over, not by a long shot (I certainly hope.) and I hope that whatever you do later in life, or perhaps return to a work of writing, I hope you can find your personal fire again that let you write this great story. As I am personally saddened by the loss of the fire that captured your inner soul. I'd almost suggest a funeral, but if you ever want to retrace your steps, to come back to writing: anything at all, the door is always open.

And with that, the curtain drops, the audience leaves, and everyone goes home. Was it a wild ride? Hell yes. Was it ending we wanted? What I wanted? Hell no. But now at least we can officially close the book, and not just pussy foot around it. It's over. Done. Gone.

I don't know what to say. I feel broken, my heart has cracked into two. There can no longer be what was had. So many things have changed. I only hope we can still talk. I hoped after the previous long break that we could stay in contact, but things don't really come out to what we want. We see that in real life, and even in the internet. I knew this moment would come, I knew that it would be over, I even expected this, but I don't think I truly ever prepared for it. It sucks. It sucks so much.

I have a few regrets. Did I do my best? Could I have done something else? Did I steer the story in the wrong direction? Or did I injure something that is far greater than that of a mere story? I don't know. I hope to get an answer soon. For there is nothing more for The Painted Gray.

The story is dead. But don't let us die as well.

Much Respect:
Azzorath. Your first fan, and the last one out the door.
RamenKnight chapter 11 . 12/16/2012
Dudes got some problems. Great for character growth. You know, as long a he grows. Which he seems to be so far.
RamenKnight chapter 9 . 12/16/2012
That was sweet.
ProjektNemesis7 chapter 33 . 12/16/2012
Alas here is my final reviwe of one of the greatest fan ficions ever. It was good to read on final chapter but good buy and I hope to see you in further stories.
RamenKnight chapter 8 . 12/16/2012
Man, the media is going to have a field day with the rejection of the Council.
RamenKnight chapter 5 . 12/16/2012
Man, this is do good. Decided to reread after its been so long since and update.
subsider34 chapter 33 . 12/16/2012
That was the most moving author's notes I've ever read. I'm glad that you were able to find a way to breach the gloom that surrounded you. You are a wonderfully skilled author and I pray that you will not abandon writing altogether.

In any case, God bless you and I wish you well in any of your future endeavors.
TW6464 chapter 33 . 12/16/2012
Nice job on this chapter! Glad to see this story is back on track.
Kel'Zorah vas nar Rannoch chapter 33 . 12/16/2012
This has been a very good read and I am sad to see it cut short. However, such is life.
I wish you good fortune in your future endeavors.
BlueSpartan107 chapter 33 . 12/16/2012
Why must it all end? It feels worse than if I ever truly watched Tali's death in full in ME3 (which I shall NEVER do). I see that you updated this, and I thought it meant a return from death. But that final author's note was like shooting Mordin in the back. I don't wish to sound disrespectful. The Painted Grey was one of the few fan stories that inspired me to write my fanfic, and to see it go is just heartbreaking.

I suggest you check out how my story, Mass Effect: Resolution, is coming along, Zal. I think you'll find the easter egg to your story rather quickly.